What Does it Mean?

Sharing is Caring

Jungkook arrived home and ran upstairs to his bedroom, dropped his backpack on his bed, and called for his mom on his way back downstairs. "Here, in the kitchen", his mother shouted back at him. Said boy followed his mom's voice and stopped in front of the kitchen's entrance with his small hands on his pants pockets. "Eomma, are you busy?" - Jungkook asked his mom, hesitantly. "Not much, wae?" - his mom sat at the dinning table and motioned him to sit as well.

The boy sat in front of his mother, and felt a bit awkward for what he was about to say, so he scratched the back of this head - "I just wanted to ask you something". She just nodded for him to keep talking. "Eomma, what..." - he looked down at his hands on the table and kept asking - "what is it when your heart starts beating fast and... and your cheeks feel hot?". Jungkook quickly looked up at his mom to see her reaction, and back down at his hands.

His mom looked a little worried and felt his forehead's temperature. " Are you okay Kookie? Are you feeling sick?". The boy slowly shook his head no. "Uhm, araseo..." - she nodded her head - "so... could it be our Jungkookie is like this because of someone else?". The little boy widened his eyes in surprise - Does she know? how could she know it? - Jungkook got nervous and quickly shook his head negatively - "A-ani, it's not me. I-I saw it... that ajussi on the tv drama, eomma". His mother just laughed quietly.

"Ya, Jeon Jungkook, when I first met your appa he was as red as a tomato" - the woman said, holding her son's hands in hers and letting out a giggle - "later he told me his heart was beating so fast it almost escaped through his mouth, because he was already in love. Of course he's such a drama maker, you know, you're his son after all". Jungkook nodded understanding. 

"What did appa did then?" - the boy asked curiously, looking straight at his mom's eyes. "He asked me out. And of course I accepted quickly" - the mother winked at her son, and he smiled brightly at her. "So it means that I - no, I mean, the ajussi in that drama likes the other person and should ask them out?". The kid was confused  at his mother's suddenly expression change. The woman slapped the back of the little boy's head - "Ya, Jeong Jeongguk, you made me stop my business to talk to you, and still you have the guts to lie at my face? Aish, these kids, jinjja" - she said annoyed, but still laughing. The little boy just laughed and caressed his head to soothe the pain.

The other day at school Jungkook found his best friend at the place they used to meet everyday, under an old cherry tree. "Kookie-ah!" - Jimin greeted his younger friend, hugging him as the other hugged him back. Jungkook remembered what his mother had told him the day before and suddenly a nervous wave passed through his little body while he and Jimin walked on their way to their classes. The boy stopped halfway on the school hallway, carefully grabbing his friend's arm, making the other turn to him. It was almost time for they to part ways,  Jimin was going to the 4rth grade class, Jungkook to the 3rd, and he couldn't wait anymore.

"Hyung..." - he called and Jimin hummed in response. "Do you..." - Jungkook put his sweaty small hands in his pants pockets - "...want to come play at my house after school?" - he expectantly waited for the answer. Jimin's lips turned into a big smile, but then his face turned into a frown - "I would love to, Kookie, but I guess I can't". Jungkook's face dropped with dissapointment, and Jimin took one of his hand off his pocket and onto his own. "I mean, not today, I have to ask appa first. I don't know what he'll say, but I'll make sure to beg him until he say yes, araji?". Both boys smiled at each other, and Jungkook could feel as his backpack was way lighter than before, or it was just relief.

The bell rang and both boys said goodbye to eachother, walking to their own classes, but our little Jungkook made sure to look back one last time at his best friend on the hallway.

~.......................~

 

Ajussi (아주씨) = old man / or just older/grown up man in Jungkook's case.

Appa (아빠) = dad / daddy.

Araji (알았지) = right? / got it? 

Araseo (알았어) = right! / okay!

Eomma (엄마) = mom / mommy.

Wae? (왜) = why?