Love-sick

Sharing is Caring

It was the 3rd time Jungkook spent the class break alone this week, Jimin haven't shown up at school for three day in a row. The little boy opened his lunchbox just to close it soon after, he wasn't feeling much hungry that day, maybe he was getting sick. On his way back to his class, Jungkook heard one of Jimin's classmates saying their seonsaeng-nim told them Jimin was sick, that's why he wasn't able to attend school. Think that Jimin was sick only made Jungkook more worried about his friend - What if it was some serious illness? - he thought, getting more startled.


That day the boy ran home as fast as he could once school was over. He was once again in a hurry to talk to his mother, but this time it was a serious business. Jungkook went straight to the kitchen where he guessed his mom would be, not even taking his backpack out of his small shoulders. "Eom-ma!" - he said panting - "we need... we need to...". The boy bended down and put his hands on his knees to regain energy, and his mother came closer to caress his back. "Breathe first, Jungkook, talk after. What is it you came running?" - the mother looked at his son, worried.

 

Jungkook took a deep breath before he started to talk again. "Eomma, we need to go see Jimin hyung. He's sick, that's why he wasn't at school. Let's go see him, please eomma, pleeeease?" - the boy kneed down in front of his mom and tugged at her dress. "Calm down, honey. First I need to call his parents, we can't just show up like this". The mother calmed her son down, and called the school searching for Jimin's parents phone number. After a few minutes she finally got the phone number and called, asking if they could visit the sick boy. Meanwhile Jungkook waited impatiently sitting at the dinning table, swinging his legs under it. After his mom hung the phone call, both got ready to go.


The boy got excited but also nervous, because he'd never been at his friend's house before, just the other way around. Jimin always said his appa was a caring man and his eomma was a really busy woman, he also had an younger brother that was still a baby, so Jimin couldn't play much with him. The 10 minutes walk seemed longer for the kid. When they arrived the house, Jimin's father opened the door and greeted them. He was carrying baby Jihyung on his arms, and motioned for them to get in the house. "Nice to finally meet you Jungkook-ssi, I heard a lot about you" - the man put the toddler on the baby chair and patted Jungkook's hair. "Jimin is in his room upstairs, do you want to see him?" - the boy just nodded, and the man explained him how to get to his son's room.

 

Jungkook climbed the stairs holding the handrail and turned left, as Jimin's dad told him, to get at the room. The door was open, and Jungkook could see his friend lying on his bed, with the blanket close to his chin. The boy knocked on the door, and Jimin turned towards him with a smile on his face. Jungkook walked towards the bed, and Jimin gave room for his friend to sit beside him. Jungkook shyly smiled and sat down - "How are you feeling hyung? I was worried you didn't went to school, Taehyung sunbae-nim said you was sick". Jimin coughed a little and smiled again at his friend's concern - "I'm happy you came to see me, and I'm sorry Kookie-ah. I got a cold and had a sore throat. Appa didn't wanted me to go to school, because I was still feverish these days". Jungkook nodded and put his small hand on Jimin's forehead - "Are you okay now?". Jimin nodded his head in response - "Ne, gwaenchanha, Kookie. Soon I'll be back at school with you". Jungkook wasn't much convinced with Jimin still coughing, but got happy anyways.


 Mrs. Jeong and son spent the afternoon at the Park's house, taking care of his sick friend Jungkook didn't feel down anymore, he was rather glad to be by his side. Mr. Park asked them to stay for dinner, but Jungkook's mom had to come back home to make their own dinner. Jungkook said goodbye to his friend and when they were about to get out the door he shouted - "Jiminnie hyung, get well soon so we can play again, araseo?", and left with his heart in peace.

~...................~

 

Gwaenchanha (괜찮아) = fine.

Ne (네) = yes.

Seonsang-nim (선생) = teacher.

Sunbae-nim (선배) = a person who's in a grade above you (in school or work).