Chapter 6

Claiming Him as Mine

HYUKJAE’S POV

 

            Oh My God! Did I hear it right? Donghae and Kyuhyun is an item now, then how about Minnie? I thought Kyu love Sungmin even the years were long from their separation? I want to know the truth behind this.

 

            “So you already have a boyfriend now, Kyu. I’m glad you finally found your happiness.” I heard Sungmin saying those words to Kyu. Like seriously, Minnie? Are you going to live them alone without considering your own feelings?

            “Thank you, Minnie! I also wish you your own happiness with Hyukkie.” Kyu said btaht.

            “That will never happen, Kyu!” I immediately said noticing Sungmin’s stiffness at the mention of happiness with me.

            “What do you mean ‘that will never happen’? Are you saying...” Kyu asked not sure of what he is thinking.

            “We already broke up, 2 years ago.” Sungmin said. I can sense he is not somfortable already while talking to Kyu.

            “Did Hyukjae cheated on you, Min?” Kyu asked, why was he asking that?

            “YAH! I never cheated.” I said.

            “Then, why did you break up if you never cheated?”

            “It’s just that there was no more love between us. No more spark!” Sungmin said.

            “Besides, I’m the one who broke up and not Sungmin.” I said.

            “That’s enough, Kyu! You’re not in the position asking them such questions.” Donghae said while clamping his hand to Kyu’s mouth.

 

END OF HYUKJAE’S POV

 

SUNGMIN’S POV

 

            I watched as Donghae still clamp his hand to Kyu’s mouth. They are perfect item, I can really see that they fit perfectly. Kyu being the evil and curious he was and Donghae being the one who can tame the evil. I really can’t be fit with Kyu. I really can’t be...

           

            I stopped from my thoughts when I heard Hyukjae almost yelling, saying something to Kyu and Donghae.

 

            “What the hell, Kyu! I thought you love Sungmin. Telling me that even as years passed you still love him and now, you got yourself a boyfriend?!”

            “I do remember saying those words but then those words were as friend and not what you think. And besides what’s wrong in getting myself hooked up with Donghae? I love him, he loves me, end of story!” I heard Kyu said as I looked in his face thinking I could find those emotions he showed as a lie within those brown orbs but to my dismay all I could see was his blank expression. Kyu you really love Donghae, thus this means I should forget my feelings for you and be just your friend? Maybe I should do that now while it’s too early. The more capable of doing, the more I could let go.

 

            “Maybe I should go first! I am not really feeling good right now! And by the way, Kyu, congrats. I wish you all the happiness you deserve to have with Donghae. And Donghae, nice meeting you and please take good care of Kyu.” I said showing that I am happy for the both of them even though deep inside my heart I am hurting, making my heart turn to dust. This is much painful than knowing Kyu loved me but chose to left formy own sake.

 

            “But, Minnie...” Hyukjae said as if he is not going to let me go.

            “I got to go, Hyukjae.” I replied not giving Hyukjae time to speak as I hurriedly walk away from them with tears in my eyes. I don’t want to stay for I will only feel pain. I don’t want to get hurt again, it’s enough I feel pain of not realizing my love for him than I feel pain of freeing and losing my love when I know that he was never mine in the first place.

 

END OF SUNGMIN’S POV

 

DONGHAE’S POV

 

            I feel sorry for Sungmin. He really love Kyuhyun that he’s willing to sacrifice his own happiness for the sake of seeing the one he love be happy though knowing that his feelings can’t be returned.

 

            But then I snapped from my thoughts when I heard what Hyukjae had said.

           

            “And you, Lee Donghae-SSHI, you know what I had waisted my time waiting for you. I was planning on asking you out this time. But guess I couldn’t do it now.” Hyuk said those words that shocked me but on the other side made me feel guilty. I didn’t know he really like me. I’m sorry Hyukjae, I was being selfish again.

 

            “And you know what, Donghae-SSHI, you didn’t deserve to be...to be...” He seems won’t finish his words but I clearly know what he want to say.

            “I don’t deserve to be happy. I know, Hyukjae. Since the day I was born I don’t deserve happiness. People wouldn’t want me and my patients’ relatives blaming me when I can’t save them. Even my father, I can’t save. Guess it’s my fate being alone. I almost forgot this curse when I met Kyuhyun and you, but then thank you, thank you for remindingme that.” I said those words to Hyukjae while smiling as tears flooded my cheeks.

 

            “Donghae, I...I...d-don’t...m-me-mean to...” Hyukjae stuttered.

            “I know you didn’t mean to say those words. I don’t balme you, Hyuk.” I said as I stared to Hyukjae’s eyes.

           

            I continued staring at Hyukjae when I felt a hand on my shoulder, Kyuhyun. I become a new person when I am with him but then it’s nothing when I am with Hyukjae. I become the person who I really am, a person without worries and not hurt.

 

            “Hae, let’s go!” Kyu said. I look into his direction and all I can see was his pale face and blank expression as if masking the pain he feel right now. I quickly pull Kyuhyun towards the waiting car and push him inside. Hyukjae can wait, Kyu’s health is more important.

 

            I’m sorry, Hyukjae but I can’t sacrifice Kyu’s health.

 

END OF DONGHAE’S POV