02. Men. They're Everywhere

If This is What You Want

Kim Namjoon ends up spending a few hours explaining the layout of the house to Kim Taehyung. And you might think, a few hours?! How big could that house be? It's only three stories high. 

 

Well it's not just about the number of floors or how many flights of stairs there are. It's about the number of rooms that the house has, and the specific ways of cleaning each room which needed to be explained. Namjoon tirelessly drags Taehyung with him; opening door after door and showing him every crook and corner that would need Taehyung's extra attention.  

 

"This is guest room number 5. Whilst it's not occasionally used by nosy guests who sometimes crash over for the night with no apparent reason, this room is actually one of Hoseok's favourite room ( Namjoon occasionally switches between calling Hoseok by his name or just 'boss'. Either way doesn't bother Taehyung)."

 

"How many rooms are there? His favourite ones I mean."

 

"His main office room which I will show you later, the game room, the room beside the kitchen, his own bedroom, the private library, and of course this room."

 

"Is there a reason for liking this room?" He scans said room in one quick sweep, noticing small cobwebs forming near the edges of the ceiling. "It's not as clean as the other guest rooms though."

 

"So you notice the cobwebs." Namjoon smirks, silently closing the door after that. "Boss cleans this room himself so you don't have to do anything with it.  Its the only one out of the five guest rooms which faces the garden and he likes to sit by the window looking out when it's raining or when he's upset. To put it short it's his little sanctuary for a sweet escape. There's only one spare key for the door, unlike the other ones and he holds it most of the time." 

 

"And what about his own bedroom?" 

 

Namjoon sighs, brushing his fingers through his hair to comb them back but then they naturally flap back to the front. Taehyung has never seen such a dramatic display of expression settle over a simple question.  Then again, he also notices that Namjoon tends to make everything look more exaggerated than it already is. "Do Minah shares a room with him...and let's just say their chemistry is like rubbing two twigs together to get fire." 

 

Taehyung understands what he meant. It's obvious from the start that Hoseok and Minah are very different from one another. Whilst being different can be good to bring out any common interests, Taehyung doesn't need to go to school to tell that Hoseok and Minah are just too different to have any specific interests. He's like ice and she's like fire.  

 

Taehyung doesn't mean to be nosy but he can't help asking, "why are they getting married then? Do they love each other strongly?" He doesn't know why he's feeling sad for Hoseok, even when he barely met the man for less than ten minutes, but a person like that deserves someone better than Minah.

 

"You would have noticed by now that she's very possessive when it comes to him." Namjoon states softly, opening another door now. Taehyung doesn't bother knowing what's beyond that door. He still has a few more questions running through his mind. Why is she possessive towards him even in the presence of men? Who is she, really? Who is jung Hoseok in a nutshell? How did they meet? How did they end up engaged to one another?

 

The manager doesn't wait for him to ask these questions.  Instead he pushes Taehyung inside, into a large room with paneled wooden walls that give off a sophisticated feel to the room. Bookshelves line along the left side of the office-like room, a large, dark mahogany desk is arranged in front of a full-sized glass pane window which covers most of the right side.  Comfy two-seater couches are arranged in the middle, facing each other, and a smaller glass coffee table (the living room's one is slightly bigger) is placed in the middle. A small swirly-patterned rug is put beside one of the bookshelves and there's also a potted plant (similar to the one in the living room) and it covers up the empty corner near the door. Taehyung stares at the room in awe. 

 

"Welcome to boss' office, where cleaning should be done on a regular basis which includes mopping, sweeping and wiping coffee stains. Hoseok recently bought a new coffeemaker machine and he's been downing at least three mugs a day. It's in the kitchen by the way if you haven't noticed." Taehyung did, but it's not something worth a conversation. 

 

"This office is amazing." It's one of the largest rooms in the house in fact.  Not as large as the living room or the kitchen but it's almost as big as Hoseok's bedroom. Taehyung wonders why this is not the man's favourite room instead.  

 

As if Namjoon could read his mind, the manager remarks "Minah likes this room more than their shared bedroom. She hangs around here a lot. Plus this is where they usually have family meetings when their parents come for a visit. For Hoseok, this isn't really a place he could regard as his."

 

Funny to think that the owner of the house would have such sentimental thoughts. 

 

A bell suddenly goes off and it sounds oddly familiar. But then again, after working in so places, most doorbells sound familiar. Taehyung looks at Namjoon and said male looks amused, checking his watch. "It seems that those nosy people I mentioned earlier... are here. Let's go back down." 

 

Curious about who meant by 'nosy people', Taehyung silently follows him downstairs. Namjoon doesn't even bother to check the screen to see who's standing outside when he presses the button to open the automatic front gates. Seconds later, two guys enter the house causing a great hullabaloo about something...Taehyung couldn't really understand some part...but it sounds like they're complaining. Namjoon simply tunes them out by turning to Taehyung again. 

 

"Meet Park Jimin and Jeon jungkook. This piece of meat right here..." Namjoon points to jimin first, "is made out of 40% cuteness, 20% iness, the figures may vary, 20% dorkiness,  10% brown mushroom abs-" 

 

"Chocolate sounds better, geezus!!"

 

"- 9% normal, and 1% humor."

 

"What the f-?" 

 

"Language, jimin!" Jungkook cuts in, causing jimin to burst out screeching, "Yah, I'm your hyung, you brat! Aish.. I can't even hit you right now cause you caught that stupid flu this morning. And what do you mean 1% humor? I'm totally funny."

 

Namjoon simply shakes his head before crossing his arms. "Jimmy,  you got no jams." 

 

Taehyung bursts out laughing at the scene as Jimin, now red-faced and obviously annoyed, stomps away from Namjoon and jungkook before disappearing into the kitchen . Taehyung then turns to the other guy named jungkook. They look pretty ordinary to him so he feels quite at ease by then when Namjoon introduces him to jungkook.  

 

"This is jeon jungkook. He's probably the only other person besides me who's ordinary." 

 

Jungkook let's out a loud snort and Taehyung silently agrees with him by grinning. 

 

"Ok, I guess no one is truly normal in this fine establishment but you haven't met Jin and yoongi yet, and compared to them, I'm almost incomparably normal." 

 

"Uh hyung...i think Jin hyung is more normal than you.  Anyway weren't you just introducing me to... uh, sorry I don't know your name."

 

"This fine gentleman right here is the new housemaid, kim taegoong."

 

"Its kim taehyung." Taehyung quickly corrects him and namjoon then goes on, "He's rumored to be a good cook, according to Hoseok, and he'll be here on a permanent basis which means I don't have to go around washing dirty socks and buying groceries anymore."

 

"Sometimes I wonder what you really do as a manager here.  I think I'm seeing a little tummy bulging there,  hyung." 

 

"Quit it. There ain't no tummy, jeon jungkook."

 

Jungkook's attention is then back on Taehyung and the male extends a hand for a shake. Taehyung gladly accepts it. Jungkook seems like a nice guy, someone he could probably get along really well. "I'm probably 30% cuteness, 50% talented, and 20% awesome. It's nice to meet you Taehyung... you're older right? 

 

"Yeah I guess.  95-liner."

 

"You're the same as Jimin hyung then. I'm a 97-liner. Nice to meet you then, Taehyung hyung."

 

Jimin comes back from the kitchen with a jar of blueberry jam in his hands at that moment, and a very annoyed-looking man trailing behind him. "Did someone tell jimin to bring blueberry jam from the kitchen?" Said man furiously asks, and namjoon chooses that moment to bide behind Taehyung.  

 

"Don't kill me, jinnie hyung..." He squeaks out, causing jungkook to snort. Ah, so that's Jin,  the house gardener, Taehyung says internally.    

 

"Kim...Namjoon. Why am I not surprised." 

 

Taehyung isn't really paying attention to what anyone else is saying after that because he's fixated on the large patch of dirt covering most of the front part of Jin's worn out light brown trousers.  His loose white collared shirt isn't tugged in properly so one side is spilling out from the trousers.  And the lower part of the sleeves are stained with dirt. He also has some dirt streaks across his flawless complexion and his hair looks like he just got out of bed. Probably out from the rainy weather outside.  It's flopping down to one side wetly.  Taehyung bets that he'll look good if he smiles because he has a very handsome face. 

 

But alas, the gardener is all frown and no smile. How disappointing.  

 

"Who's the new kid?" Jin suddenly asks, snapping Taehyung out from his reverie. 

 

Namjoon isn't hiding behind him anymore.  Instead he looks very businesslike when he answers, "Kim Taehyung.  New maid from the cIity.  He'll be here on a permanent basis. Same age as jiminie crickets apparently." 

 

"Cool. Nice to meet you kid. I'm seokjin, so you can just call me Jin hyung." He doesn't say his surname but Taehyung's not one to push an already annoyed gardener with unnecessary questions.  He'll just ask another day. "I'm going back to the garden so I'll just leave jimin to your troubles now. If he calls on me one more time to search a jar of blueberry jam for him, I will personally mutilate you with my garden shears, kim Namjoon."

 

"Aye aye, sir." When Jin had left, and kim Namjoon is allowed to officially kill park Jimin after that,  jungkook suddenly puts an arm around Taehyung and says, "since you're new here, hyung, let me enlighten you on what you're about to experience for the next few hours of being with us guys. Let's start with this." And then Jungkook's suddenly kissing him. 

 

On the lips. 

 


 

Hold ye horses! Now let me just clear up this one thing before you misunderstand the last part. This is a vhope fic so don't expect other v-pairings to turn up. I'll explain the kiss in the next chapter.  

 

Anyway I'm sorry if they're any major mistakes.  I wrote this using my phone so it's a bit hard to check back what I wrote.  Teehee.  But I tried my best.  I think my fave part would be Namjoon's and jimin's interaction. Kekeke.  Anyway do subscribe and upvote if you like the story. Comments will be loved. 

 

Thanks to those who have subscribed. Let me bite you. Lol jk. But seriously, thank you.