10. November Blues

If This is What You Want

November marks one of the best moments for Taehyung, but at the same, it's also disheartening to realize that Hoseok's wedding is drawing nearer. Somehow the past... whoa, it's been two months already?! Yeah, the past two months have somehow made his feelings for Hoseok grow. He tried so hard to ignore the older male previously, but living under the same roof has its blatant disadvantages. Seeing Hoseok on a daily basis doesn't help to lessen the beating of his heart. In fact, it simply gets stronger and stronger each time, almost as if he's having a mini heart attack everytime Hoseok passes by. To top it off, Hoseok also frequently clings to him like a koala every night, so yeah, there was no escaping the man. 

 

There's something important he could look forward to, though, and that would be his first appointment with the obstetrician. Jin made the necessary calls to the hospital a few days ago, to check if the doctor would be available on the first week of November. Lo and behold, Taehyung is expected to come in for a check-up on a Tuesday morning, so Namjoon agrees to drive him there.

 

Hoseok says he'll be coming a bit later, after he's done sorting out some paperworks.

 

The doctor is a lady who looks like she's in her late 30s. She has a friendly smile on her face when she greets Taehyung, inviting him to take a seat while she reads over his health chart. "We'll do a quick ultrascan to see how far along you are. Your record says that you discovered your pregnancy within the first two or three weeks after . To be frank, your body is more perceptive towards this pregnancy because of your gender, as opposed to most women. It's usually between the fifth to eight weeks when they discover their pregnancy. Around this time, your baby should be in a shape of a tadpole."

 

"Tadpole?" Namjoon asks, amused.

 

"Yah, would you please be quiet? I'm trying to listen to the doctor." Jin scolds him in a hushed tone, slapping his chest too.

 

The doctor doesn't seem to mind their interruption though. "We'll get to hear a heartbeat by now, so do look forward to seeing your little one." She exclaims enthusiastically. Taehyung simply sits there with his mouth slightly ajar, rendered speechless because he's still pretty clueless about pregnancy and stuff like tadpole babies. Does it mean the thing inside him is alive now?

 

"Have you noticed any changes to your body, Taehyung ssi? Maybe a gain in weight?"

 

"I vomitted a lot for the past three weeks, so I think I may have lost some weight instead." He answers honestly.

 

"Well, that's normal too. However, pretty soon you'll be feeling a little tight when you put on your clothes, so I suggest you start shopping for new clothes. I'll prescribe some prenatal vitamins for you, and please refrain from smoking and drinking alcohol at this stage. Since male pregnancies have a higher risk of miscarriaging, alcohol and smoking would be lethal for the fetus."

 

"I'll make sure he takes his medication well, doctor." Jin cuts in, and the doctor feels assured.

 

"Alright then, let's get your tummy scanned. Lie back on the bed."

 

_______________

 

 On Jin's request, the doctor gave them three copies of the ultrascan result; one for Taehyung, one for Namjoon and him, and the other for Hoseok. Taehyung has been staring at the black and white picture for the last twenty minutes in the car, looking at the tiny white dot in the middle. At this stage, he's basically acknowledging the fact that in another seven months or so, he'll be welcoming Little Tadpole into the world. Of course it'll probably be bigger than a tadpole by then, but for now, it seems fitting to call this tiny white dot 'Little Tadpole'. He's not really creative when it comes to names. 

 

"Are you alright, Tae?" Namjoon asks from the driver's seat.

 

"I'm fine, hyung, though I do feel a bit hungry right now."  

 

"That's a lie and we both know it. You could probably eat a whale right now, don't you?"

 

"A whale does sound appetizing. Could you pour maple syrup all over it too?" 

 

"No, Taetae, but I know what would go well with maple syrups. PANCAKES! I haven't had one in years," Namjoon finally says, swerving the car into a different road than the ones they usually take to go home. Jin could only shake his head in amusement because Taehyung's eyes are twinkling over the thought of eating pancakes for lunch and Namjoon's deadset on filling up his stomach with food that he's beating three red lights in a row.

 

"We should order five sets.One for me, one for Joonie and three for you, Tae."

 

Taehyung gives him the biggest, brightest, most adorable smile after that, quickly pocketing the picture into his hoodie. 

 

"Then we should make an order for six sets. I want to eat two for myself."

 

"You'll be the one paying the meal then." Jin says, smiling at his boyfriend's instantaneous protest for having the pay later. 

 

The three of them enjoy a hearty meal at a famous diner in Seoul, only returning home four hours later because Jin wants to buy new clothes for Taehyung, while Namjoon's continuously groans about how his money is magically disappearing from his wallet. He tags along like a beaten puppy (more like a husband, really), while his wife and kid shop around for stuff; new clothes for Taehyung, food, vitamins and supplements, food, baby stuff, food, toys, more food, and of course, more food.

 

"Get the receipt, babe. I'm claiming back my money from Hoseok." He tells Jin after every puirchase.

 

"Don't be a big baby, Joonie. It's okay to splurge on Tae once a while. I mean, look at him! Sitting there with his ice cream, looking all adorable. He makes me wish we have a son."

 

Namjoon's ears perk up at this. Did Jin just suggest that they.... t-they'll make a baby? Does he want to have a kid?! 

 

"Hyung... are you serious about that?" Namjoon mutters softly, noticing the sad look in his boyfriend's eyes for a second before it disappears, replaced with a huge, happy grin that made Namjoon doubt his thoughts.

 

"Look at you, freaking out over something I said. I was just kidding, Namjoon ah. Sheesh, you should learn to chill a little bit." Coming from Jin, that seems like the oddest statement ever, because the older male is usually anything but chill. He goes around on a rampant about how his plants aren't growing properly, and he's always fussing about everything, especially Taehyung.

 

Namjoon somehow suspects that there's something hidden behind that handsome smile and twinkling eyes. He couldn't really do anything about it for now because Taehyung's about done with his ice cream by then, and suddenly there's a Hoseok beside him. Like, where in the hell did that guy come from? "Yo boss, how did you find us here?"

 

"Taehyung texted me," Hoseok says with a shrug, before taking Taehyung's hand in his. "How was the appointment, guys?"

 

"You should give him the picture, Tae!" Jin remarks excitedly, and Taehyung immediately fishes out the picture from his hoodie. "I swear you'll start crying rainbow tears after you see it."

 

"Depends if you could see it." Namjoon adds, in which Jin retaliates with a slap on the arm. "Yah, don't be so mean, Kim Namjoon."

 

When Hoseok sees the black and white picture that Taehyung just handed him, and notices the tiny white dot in the middle, he instantly knows what it is. So many emotions are coursing through his body after that, and he doesn't know which one is more empowering than the other. Happiness is definitely there, along with some really deep feelings that he doesn't know he could possess until he looks up at the man carrying his child once more, and he feels so much fondness and affection in him that it hurts.

 

It hurts to see the smile on Taehyung's face, because it doesn't quite stretch up to his eyes. It hurts to see the tears welling up in the boy's eyes, but he doesn't know if he's worthy enough to brush those tears away. Before he knew it, tears are already streaming down his cheeks, in big fat drops and Taehyung ends up comforting him instead.

 

"I wish there's a way I could turn back time and just change everything right now. I wish I knew you before I knew Minah." He cries out, soaking up Taehyung's shirt with his tears. "I'm sorry that I can't do anything to give you happiness, Taehyung ah. I-I'm so sorry."

 

"Shhh.... hyung. It's fine. I understand."

 

Whilst the two are busy comforting each other, despite having onlookers staring at them weirdly, Namjoon has been looking at Jin for the past five minutes, trying to detect the sadness in his eyes again. Jin doesn't realize it though, because he's staring at Hoseok and Taehyung so intensely, like a mother watching over her child. Namjoon vows to find out Jin's true feelings soon enough, even if it means pushing the extra mile. 

 

______________________ 

 

 

 

Jimin and Jungkook crash Hoseok's place again a day later, when the boys complain about not having anything to do and they just want to stay over until they're forced to return to work. Around this time, Taehyung finally blurts out the one thing he's been yearning to ask them all these while: what on earth are they actually doing for a living? Since they rarely come over during the day, and daytime visits are usually very short (spanning between five to ten minutes), it's a bit hard to ask them about their occupation. Also, asking them at night, when they're all revved up to spend hours on games and booze is like talking to a wall.

 

"We're photographers. I mean, I'm a photographer, but Jungkook's parents own a gallery and that's where I put up all my pictures." Jimin says, grinning widely. "Isn't that right, Kookie?"

 

Jungkook's got a cookie in his mouth and two glasses of milk in his hands, so he could only nod. "Kookie here is my assistant. He takes care of the nitty gritty details like making sure I eat my three meals a day and reminding me to shower every once a while. We tend to travel a lot, which is why we don't come by so often. If we go somewhere near enough to return to Seoul on the same day, then we would definitely stop by to crash at Hobi hyung's place."

 

"Sounds exciting." Taehyung remarks. "I wish I could travel wherever I want like the both of you too."

 

"You could. Just hop on the Jimin express."

 

"Jimin express my !" Jungkook says, finally able to put the glasses down and free the cookie from his mouth. "Why is the table so friggin dirty?! Like there's trash on every inch."

 

"It's called sleepover for a reason, Kookie." Jimin states.

 

"Hobi hyung is gonna kill us. No, Jin hyung is gonna mutilate us and probably feed us to his Venus trap."

 

"You're just exaggerating right now." 

 

"I don't think it's a joke, Jiminnie." Taehyung cuts in, sitting down on the only clean space on the couch. The rest is filled with bags, clothes and pillows, obviously belonging to them.

 

"Oh come on you guys. The last time we saw each other was last month!"

 

"Two weeks ago, actually." 

 

"EXACTLY! It's been so long and that trip to Japan killed me."

 

"Whoa, you guys went to Japan for two weeks and never told me?!"

 

"Actually, we only went for three days last week." Jungkook replies, clearing away some of them mess on the coffee table. "But Jiminnie tends to exaggerate sometimes."

 

"That's Jiminnie hyung to you."

 

"Do you see my point, Tae?" Taehyung could only laugh at their antics. "You should visit the gallery sometimes. Jimin is really good at taking pictures. Like, he would randomly click on his camera and a masterpiece would always emerge. It's amazing actually."

 

"Heh. It's something only Park Jimin could pull off." Jimin remarks proudly, looking for the game controllers. 

 

"Snob. Anyway, there's something I've been meaning to ask you, Taehyung hyung."

 

"Hm?"

 

"How is it like... to have with another man?"

 

Taehyung could have sworn Jimin's face went scarlet red a split second after Jungkook popped his question but the male manages to turn his head quick enough to avoid letting Jungkook see his face. Taehyung wonders if something's finally going on between them. He knows that Jimin's been having a major crush on Jungkook for a long time, but Jungkook had always seemed to oblivious (or maybe he's not) towards Jimin's advances. He eyes the both of them with delight and amusement.

 

"It feels like butterflies fluttering inside your stomach and your body's floating on air as if you're dreaming because no words in the world could describe how perfect it was. Unless you plan it, of course. But to be honest, Hoseok and I only did it once, so I didn't really encapsulate the moment the way I thought it would be. We almost did it the second time, but I had to puke midway so we stopped altogether."

 

"Sounds as though you've been in love with him for a long time." Jungkook says. "Were you though? In love with him, I mean."

 

"Hmmm..." Taehyung thinks for a while. At that point when he had with Hoseok, the feeling wasn't exactly love but he could still feel strong emotions coursing through him. He just didn't know what it was yet, or what it meant. "I don't think I was in love with him yet. I mean, it happened so suddenly, and neither of us expected it to happen that way. It's kinda hard to describe the whole scenario to you, to be honest. It was like.. we're magnetically drawn to each other or something. It'll just happen when it happens, I guess."

 

Now it's Jungkook's turn to contemplate on Taehyung's words. 

 

"Have you ever felt it, though? Taehyung suddenly asks.

 

"Felt what?"

 

"Butterflies." Jimin doesn't see the tiny nod which Jungkook gave to Taehyung. He's been trying to ignore the whole conversation happening behind his back, but it's so difficult when his heart is beating twice as fast and Jungkook's voice sounds so clear and loud against his ears, eventhough the boy isn't really talking so loudly, and the game's audio is on full volume. Now he wished that he'd turn around during those last few lines, praying that time would somehow turn back for a split second for him to see Jungkook's answer just after Taehyung said, butterflies. He wants to know if Jungkook ever had any feelings for him.

 

But life is cruel that way. When he turns around after that, Jungkook and Taehyung are smiling at each other, and Jimin feels a pang of jealousy in his heart because the both of them look so good sitting next to each other. There's no doubt that Jungkook and Taehyung are both the babies in their group now, given their adorable looks and childish personlities. Jimin swallows the bitter lump in his throat, putting on a fake smile that would probably pass as his usual cheery smile before he beckons to Jungkook, "Yah, are we gonna Tekken right now or would you rather see me beat your high score again?"

 

"You'll be the one eating my dust when I'm done beating your high score." Jungkook exclaims excitedly, joining Jimin on the floor. 

 

Taehyung could see love blossoming between them in the future. For now, he has his own heart to worry about. There's exactly less than a month left before Hoseok's grand wedding. Could he be strong enough to face it later though?

 

_____________________

 

Yeah, I'm sorry for updating this late. I was an to promise an update last Monday, but look what happens now. It's already Saturday at 2am. I need to sleep now cause there's class at 10. Goodnight my loves!