07. Sunday Dramas

If This is What You Want

.Here's my promise to you. Took me two hours to write this, so expect some mistakes. But overall, I think I did pretty well. *a pat on the back for me*

 

_________________

 

Hoseok couldn't hide the excitement bubbling up inside him. Taehyung's pregnant with a child?! And to boot, it's HIS child! As in, Jung Hoseok's child and no one else. That also means that it's another step closer to having the younger male in his life forever. Obviously at this point, Hoseok has no intention of asking Taehyung to abort the fetus, nor does he possess the intention to boot the maid out from his house. Knowing that a child belonging to them would soon arrive in approximately 8 more months, the only natural thing to do next is to make sure that Kim Taehyung receives the finest treatment in this household.

 

He pulls the maid into a strong hug, promising to everyone, himself and Taehyung that he would do his best to ensure Taehyung's happiness and good health. He could feel the younger male relax into him a second later, relief washing over Taehyung in an instant because Hoseok doesn't hate him for carrying an illegitimate child. In fact, since Hoseok had made it so clear that everything will be ok and taken care of, the only thing he'll have to worry now is how Minah would take the news if she ever accidentally found out. 

 

Would the wedding be cancelled then? Will it finally be okay for him to be with Hoseok? Would it finally be just the two of them? There're so many questions in his head, but he wants to take it one step at a time. The hardest part is settled now, and he's safe and sound for the moment. Jung Hoseok is holding him firmly, large hands rubbing his back in a protective manner. The others are congratulating the both of them for making a 'breakthrough'.

 

"Never knew you had it in you, Hobi ah," Yoongi says. "Always thought you couldn't get it 'up' since you refused having with Minah all the time."

 

No one mentions anything about Minah after that because it's too soon to discuss complicated details when it's already 2am in the morning, and there's still a lot of uneaten leftovers on the table. Jungkook also has a high score battle to settle with Jimin and Jin. The boys continue to joke around and hang out until all of them are too sleepy to care. They sleep in the living room after that, while Hoseok carries the new love of his life to the bedroom in the kitchen. Taehyung had already knocked out an hour ago, but Hoseok wants to keep him close as long as he could.

 

So when it's finally time for bed, he gently tugs Taehyung to bed, rubbing the still-flat stomach excitedly before placing a chaste kiss on the boy's forehead. He's going to be a daddy! Jung Hoseok is going to be a daddy! Imagine that. Even though it sounds like his life is supposed to end dramatically with all these new things happening suddenly, for Hoseok, it's like news from the heavens. Maybe he could finally find that happiness he's been seeking for years. Maybe this is where he makes the ultimate decision of choosing the right path for a better future. 

 

Call him an optimist, but this is ten times better than having to know how planned-out his life had been so far, eventhough it may end up bringing him more trouble later.  

 

__________________

 

When Minah returns the next day, the household are still asleep in the living room, all huddled up together on the floor while Yoongi claimed the couch. Hoseok's nowhere to be seen, and Minah suddenly has a growing suspicion of where her fiancee could be. She tiptoes to the kitchen and is surprised to find Jung Hoseok... cooking?

 

"Sweetie, what are you doing?"

 

"Oh hey Minah, you're back early today. Didn't you say you'd be back by lunchtime?"

 

"I had to cancel some last minute plans because they needed me back in the office later. Are you coming in for work today?"

 

"Nah, it's a Sunday. I'd rather take a peace of mind. I've been working like a coolie for the past one week. I don't think I could stand having to sign documents all day and waste off my weekend for tedious matters. After all, there's a reason why I agreed to take the chairman post."

 

"Well, you were always such a hardworker before you became chairman that it's a bit hard for me to believe what you're saying right now," Minah chuckles softly, linking an arm around his. "How bout I skip work and we could hang out instead? Just the two of us. Maybe take a drive around the city and visit that gallery I've been yearning to see? Hmm?"

 

Hoseok gives her a small smile, but his mind is on Taehyung.

 

"Good morning, boss." A deep, husky voice suddenly calls out from behind, and Hoseok's blushing ten shades of red when he sees a sleepy-looking Taehyung there, not at all bothered by the fact that Hoseok's arm is still linked together with Minah. "Were you trying to cook, sir? Why didn't you just wake me up?" Taehyung asks, yawning right after. 

 

He makes a grab for the pan on the electric stove but Hoseok immediately slaps his hand away. "Nu uh, mister. You're not getting anywhere near the stove today. In fact, take the rest of the year off. You're welcomed to roll around the couch all day and watch TV to your heart's content."

 

"Oppa!" Minah interrupts, wondering what's going on. Why is her fiancee suddenly treating Taehyung so differently?

 

"No thanks, boss. I'd rather spend my time cooking all day than lazying around like Soonshim. After all, that's what you pay me for, isn't it?" As much as he hates being in this position right now, where he needs to bow down to the couple even though he's the one carrying Hoseok's child, it's for the sake of the baby. The longer it takes for Minah to find out, the longer he'll be able to stick around. There's only so much a homeless boy with no background or education could do in the real world. He'll die before he could even deliver the baby. 

 

Hoseok seems to be forgetting their original relationship, which is as employer-employee.

 

"Oppa, why are you being so nice to him? He's just a maid, remember? You pay him to do a job."

 

It may have taken Hoseok too long to realize the situation, but he gets the picture eventually. Taehyung's giving the 'cautious' look, to tell him to just play along and act as if everything's the way it had been when Taehyung first appeared. He reluctantly passes the spatula to Taehyung after that, and the younger male takes over the duty of flipping sausages and eggs on the pan.

 

"Have a seat, boss. The food will be ready in a minute."

 

It really does seem as if everything was normal. Minah's sitting opposite Hoseok with a mug of coffee in her hand, her eyes scanning through the news on her phone, while Hoseok watches Taehyung closely, making sure that the maid doesn't accidentally burn himself or anything. Breakfast is soon laid out before him in a buffet manner with a variety of sausages, sunny side-up eggs, toasts, butter and jam, homemade chicken nuggets, bacon strips and fresh orange juice served in a tall glass. Namjoon and the rest somehow magically appear too, now occupying the remaining seats around the counter table, and chairs had to be brought in from the dining table outside. Taehyung naturally assumes the seat beside Jimin when everyone is prepared to eat, but Minah tells him to eat later.

 

"Yah, Minah ssi, why would you alienate him from the table? He's an employee like Namjoon and Jin-hyung too." Yoongi speaks out, sounding annoyed.

 

"Well, Namjoon's a manager to the estate, and Jin's been here longer than Taehyung, so newcomers shouldn't think that they could just easily fit in anytime they want. In fact, I think that Jimin and Jungkook should also refrain from eating at this table. Really, Hoseok, I don't seem to understand your infatuation with them. They're just a bunch of rowdy neighbours who get in the way."

 

"WHAT DID I TELL YOU ABOUT SPEAKING ILLWILL TOWARDS MY FRIENDS AND EMPLOYEES?!  Haven't you learned your lesson right now? Aren't you afraid of what I could do to you?" Hoseok angrily booms out, getting up so suddenly that his chair fell back in the process. Taehyung could see the veins in his neck popping out from his skin, a sign that his anger is almost reaching a limit Minah may have overstepped. If there's a sight that Taehyung would not want to see again, it'll probably be Hoseok in this state.

 

There's just so much of anger radiating from him that Minah is starting to doubt her words. She looks like a frightened mouse, scooting closer to Namjoon for safety and the manager is eyeing his boss carefully. Everyone's just on edge after that, because Hoseok is inches away from loss of self control and his fists look like they could punch a hole through the wall. Yoongi is also up from his seat, telling his best friend to cool down for a second. Violence won't resort any problems after all. Then there's Jin, Jimin and Jungkook, who are glaring at Minah.  

 

"Hey man... we don't have to hit anyone today, alright? She's just kidding, I'm sure. You need to calm down and take a seat first."

 

"I've told her this a million times and still she does it again and again! I'm tired of your attitude, Do Minah! I never felt this furious with anything you did before, but this time...this time is just too much! How dare you, you little . Insulting me is fine because I can put up with your attitude, but to insult my friends right in their faces is just calling for trouble. You know I hate treating you like a kid, Minah. I hate having to threaten you everytime about calling your father, but it seems that it's time I make that call."

 

"No! Please no, oppa. I'll do anything, I promise!" Minah gets up from her seat and shakily closes the distance between herself and her fiancee. The look that Hoseok is giving her is a murderous one. Yoongi and Jin had to be hold back both of his arms in case he does anything unprecedented. There are certain things a man like Hoseok should never do in his life, and that includes an ugly confrontation with a woman that could destroy everything he's built up so far. 

 

Taehyung feels like it's time for him to step in. "Boss, could I talk to you for a second? Alone?"

 

Hoseok immediately calms down upon hearing Taehyung's voice, and Yoongi could feel it. He gives Hoseok one last grave look before letting go slowly, and Jin follows along after that. Then, ignoring Minah, Hoseok turns to the maid. "Sure... follow me."

 

Taehyung ignores the glare that Minah is directing towards him and proceeds to follow Hoseok out from the kitchen. They take the stairs to Guest Room 5 (sure enough) and Hoseok locks the door as soon as Taehyung followed him through. Instead of lashing on the older male, knowing that it's what Hoseok would be expecting, he kisses the man on the lips instead, telling him that everything would be alright.,

 

"Hey, don't get so worked up over what she said, hyung. I could take good care of myself. I mean, I've been doing it for years, so I'm pretty I can stand verbal insults well. After all, that's the only thing she could ever do, isn't it? If she tries anything funny, then she's aware that you would kick her out in an instant. So don't worry about me, alright. I think Namjoon hyung and Jin hyung would say the same thing."

 

"But the baby... I just don't want you to get stressed up over her attitude. I hate the way she treats you all the time. And I can't help knowing that it's mostly my fault. She found me cradling you in my arms the other night, when you were not feeling well."

 

"You shouldn't blame yourself. Plus, she's been treating me badly from the beginning, so I doubt that night had anything to do with this. She just hates me from the core of her being, that's all. It may not always stem from occasionally seeing me around you."

 

"Why are you defending her though?" Hoseok asks, slightly amused.

 

"I just don't like fighting. I'd rather if we forgot what happened today and pretend as if everything's normal again. In fact, you should pretend as if I'm not even pregnant. I don't want her to find out so soon. She may notice a baby bump later, but I plan to stay as long as I could."

 

"What makes you think I'll let you go anyway?"

 

"Wouldn't having me around put you in deeper s*** with your work life later? What if a scandal breaks out and you'll be forced to leave your job? I may be uneducated but I'm not stupid you know."

 

"I'm not implying that you're stupid." Hoseok laughs it out. "I'm just saying that I really don't want to let you go and I'm sure we'll figure something out if anything happens. You won't just dump me halfway and leave, right?"

 

"That would probably be the stupidest thing to do," Taehyung remarks, giving Hoseok a small smile. "I promise I won't go anywhere. After all, where else could I go?"

 

For once, Hoseok is actually glad that Taehyung needs him as much as he needs the boy too. Minah may be a pain in the sometimes, and he's probably mentioned this a million times by now, but Taehyung is worth every drop of sweat and time even if it means putting up with his fiancee. He's already contemplating about talking to his dad regarding the matter of his upcoming marriage. If Minah disappears from the picture, even if it means losing everything in the process, would it mean he could finally be with Taehyung?

 

Unanswered questions linger in his mind.

 

"You should probably go back down there and tell Minah that she could stay. As much as I want to hear an apology from her, I think it's a luxury I could give up for the time being. I don't want her to cause me more hell after apologizing."

 

Hoseok could simply sigh, wishing he could take some of Taehyung's pain away. "Very well then, Taehyungie. I guess there's nothing I could do for you, huh?"

 

"Nothing at all." Taehyung smiles, the corner of his mouth forming that cute rectangular smile Hoseok loves so much. They kiss each other again (and again) before leaving the room together, and when they return to the kitchen, Yoongi is in a heated arm wrestling challenge with Minah while the others cheer him on.

 

"Ah, hyung! Guess what crazy idea Yoongi hyung came up with. Since we couldn't hit each other because we're all, and I quote 'grown-ups', he thought that arm wrestling could solve the problem. If he wins, then Minah noona has to apologize to all of us, including Taehyung hyung. If she wins, then Yoongi has to be her servant for a day." Jungkook excitedly explains.

 

Hoseok could only laugh at this, because this is exactly what Min Yoongi would think of.

 

"Yes! I beat you, Yoongi oppa! Now you have to be my servant for a day."

 

"Whoa, what the f*** happened? The battle's over already? Didn't it just begin?" Namjoon utters in disbelief, mouth hanging open as he watches Yoongi smack his head against the table in defeat.

 

"It seems like Minah won." Jimin mutters, also unable to believe his eyes. "Hyung, what happened to you?"

 

"She cheated."

 

"I did not. You placed your elbow wrongly and got a cramp because of it, so I won because you were careless." She says, sticking out her tongue.

 

"Well done, MIn Yoongi. You've just lost to a girl." Hoseok deadpans, clapping his hands soullessly, and Taehyung couldn't hold back his laughter anymore. At least Minah won't be bothering the others (except Yoongi) for the rest of the day.  

 

___________________

 

Hoseok be staring at Taetae and telling Namjoon to shush 

 

And oh am gee, namjoon's awakening just killed my ovaries tonight.