|| acceptance #teaser ||

||VOX|| | SM Entertainment | Story Started
kara.png
acceptance
it was so sudden. i didn't mean to break our promise, but i couldn't say no. please forgive me... ↓

[8:40pm. December 8, 2014]

The halls were typically very quiet at these times, save the occasional clicks of keyboards from the office workers whom were staying late, or the faint buzz of the lights as they continually glowed. The only real noise was that of faint music from the few training rooms on the premises, the purring of car engines and howling of the wind.

It seemed to be still, well except for the padding of feet of a pair making their way towards the wooden doors at the end. Sangwoo and Suri. Teacher and student.

They were silent, Sangwoo who’d usually strike up a conversation was silent, his mind filled with a sort of blankness. Though it wasn’t much better than that of Suri’s; since she’d left the safety of the dance room and the comfort of her Yixing, she’d constantly replay the words of Sangwoo’s unexpected arrival in her head.

‘Kim Youngmin wants to see you immediately…’

It was like a broken record player, constantly running over and over until it made you want to scratch your ears off. But it wasn’t that, not even a broken record player had her more pained. It was the waiting, the undeniable pain of not knowing.

But she couldn’t see the end of it as she neared the wooden doors, her chest constricted with a familiar sense of dread. More painful as she got closer to the wooden doors, chest ready to burst.

Sangwoo putting his hand on the cold handle; a metallic sound and then a click following a quick flick of his wrist; opening the door with ease. Suri peered in, eyes widening at the sight she saw.

There were four different teachers, all the male ones she really didn’t know all too well, and four of her fellow female trainees standing around the desk with a man staring at them bored. Suri bowed, muttering her apologies and then moving Sangwoo’s gesture to stand next to another trainee. One that stood dominately and had an unreadable face.

“Jung Geummi. Jung Daelin. Lee Haru. Yoo Inhyo. Lee Suri.” His booming voice began, commanding the uptmost of attention towards him as he stood from his seat behind the desk. “You have been called here tonight due to a very special and particular reason.” Youngmin continued, staring at them each in their eyes making their heart freeze for a second, though not in a pleasant and loving way.

His gaze was cold, unattached and above all arrogant. He sent shivers up your spine just by the mention of his name and sent you running away with your tail between your legs when he was mad. It was a universal rule to be wary of him, to try to not set him off; the only ones whom dared being that of best and most liked, the ones he couldn’t absolutely torment, nor make their job a living hell.

“You will be debuting in a months time. This is your last chance to back out of it, but if you do so I want you to pack your things immediately and leave. You will not be welcome here any longer.” He stated, words moving slowly as so they could comprehend clearly. The roomed dropped several degrees, becoming icy and cold; the stare of their sajangnim seemingly penetrating into their souls looking for weakness.

The silence was thick, no rustling, just the sound of their heartbeats racing in their ears at the sound of their upcoming debut.

“We accept this honour willingly.” Inhyo spoke for them, not a single breath of denial or disagreement echoing from the rest of the girls whose heads was still trying to accept the changes that were going to happen.

“Good.” Youngmin said, a satisfied smirk and pleased gaze filling the room. “You will all move to your new dorm tomorrow at lunch time. Your manager will pick you up at 12:00, and there will be staff that will collect your things at 11:30 sharp.” He continued as his secretary handed out large yellow envelopes to each of the girls.

“Now if you would, Eunmi will explain the rest. Dismissed.” Youngmin commanded, waving his hand and turned from the girls as Eunmi slowly started waving for them to follow her out of the room.
 



They filed out of the room after a single respectful bow to their sajangnim, after the small secretary that didn’t speak, just lead them to a cold and empty meeting room that was just down the hallway away from the office of their sajangnim.

“Sit and open your envelopes girls.” Eunmi instructed gently, sitting down at the head of the table.

Rustling of paper and slight rattle of their envelopes as they were hastily opened after they took their seats. None of them looked at one another, far too worried about what was hidden in the yellow depths than what each other felt about this, or even getting to know whom they were probably going to be around for years.

Dull thumps and light slaps were heard as a wad of papers hit the wood of the table, containing everything of importance and probably even the none important details.

“If you’ll look at the first paper, the one with the green tag, that is your contract. You may briefly skim through it and then proceed to sign it with your signature and ink your fingerprint onto where it states that you agree to all the terms; we will also do an electronic version of this tomorrow before training as well; however if you do not, your position within the group will be forfeited and give to someone else.” Eunmi explained, voice gentle but strong and determined as she looked to the girls sitting in front of her.

Various murmurs of acknowledgement resounded from the girls as they read through the summary of the contract.

‘Miss ______, is obliged to willingly oblige to all schedules, practises, events and appearances in the duration of her contract. The mention of past instances, or of negative comments towards SM Entertainment will lead to termination of the following contract. Failure to comply will see that her contact is terminated and therefore considered null and void.

Miss ______ will receive a profit shared between five members, after costs have been taken out for the company, training, transportation, living costs, and staff fees;
The group will received varied amounts, on basis of the type of appearance and costs involved; the final amounts received by the group below, (however are subject to change);
2-7% of temporary public appearances on radio and TV;
9% on all goods other than photos, copyrighted merchandise and such;
15-20% on concerts;
35% of all digital and CD sales of albums and singles;
37% of magazine appearances, photobooks, and regular appearances on TV shows and dramas; 40% of all CF’s and event appearances;

This contact duration is until the ending of promotions on the debut mini-album, when there will be discussions on whether or not to continue to a full album or disbandment, that will be renegotiated on a new contract between Miss ______ and SM Entertainment on basis of ability, popularity and marketability, where a specific contract will be tailored.

Miss ______ will adhere to all instructions from dieters, trainers, and managers. All relationships (romantic/intimate) are to remain private and are only to be known within the manager and specific security members, however they are to not interfere with work ethic and ability, or else they will be asked to be terminated or have their contract terminated. All studies (university and high school) are to be placed behind practices and appearances, however are encouraged to do after the first year of debut, failure to comply will lead to termination of the contract.

I, Miss ______ _________, agree to the following conditions of debut and will adhere to them, comply with all given instructions and lead by example within the music industry.’


Nobody said anything, merely picking up the pens and pad of ink to sign away their lives as they looked down at the papers that they had looked over.

“As you will have read, this is merely a temporary contract, as you are very easily replaceable and have not earned a spot in the various headlining idols of SM Entertainment yet. However should you all comply to your contracts and achieve a relatively good success, your contracts will be renewed after several months and will be tailored to your specific needs.” Eunmi explained blankly, having pulled out a copy of the contract in front of her.

“For example, less popular, essential and talented members may only get a contract that lasts until the disbandment of the group, whereas more talented ones will receive a specific amount of years on their contracts, or more popular and all-around members may get flexible contracts that allow them to do more and allow them more freedom to choose what they appear in.” The older woman explained clearly, hand neatly folded just under her documents.

“So if one of us is the most popular member, we’d be more likely to get a flexible contract.” Geummi clarified brightly, looking up and down her contract and then towards the secretary.

“Yes, you’d be more likely to get one of those types of contracts.” Eunmi nodded, a slight sad smile on her lips as she stared the much younger girls, still somewhat naïve to the harsh reality that was being an idol.

“And we’ll split the profit, say 35% on album sales, between all five of us meaning we each get 7%?” Daelin asked next, pointing out the profits they would receive.

“Yes, the percentage of the profit the group receives is then spilt between the members evenly.” Eunmi nodded at Daelin, whom was still inspecting the paper in great detail like what her father did whenever he was doing work at home, bent over a desk with his glasses on.

“And any relationships we have…” Suri continued, looking at that specific part of the contract in great detail.

“They need only to remain confidential and inconspicuous. You can’t go around openly and such, particularly if it is with another idol. So it’ll be okay otherwise, just be very careful, Youngmin-sshi doesn’t want another scandal like Baekhyun and Taeyeon.” She soothed the girl, suspecting that she was indeed in a relationship, particularly with another SM idol, however wasn’t quite sure as she hadn’t caught them together yet when she was doing work around the building.

Suri nodded, a smile tugging at her lips, thoughts of how to tell Yixing of what was happening to her pushed to the back of her mind for now until she’d sorted this all out.

“Your group name has already been decided as Voices Of the Galaxy, but will be said as V.O.X. You will meet your manager tomorrow, where she will formally introduce herself to you. Now finally the only other thing you will be currently worried about is your positions in the group. V.O.X’s debut songs, mini-album, concepts and teasers will be discussed with your formal group trainer tomorrow.” Eunmi announced receiving many different looks from each of the girls; blank ones, happy ones, nervous ones and excited ones.

“Inhyo, you’re are now formally the leader of V.O.X, the lead dancer, as well as the back up vocalist.” That was met by a slight smile at the corners of .

“I will do my best.” Inhyo nodded; looking at each other members she was now responsible for, feeling as if she’d aged up in a second like a mother with a child. But she knew that at some point it would get harder.

“Haru, you’re now formally the main rapper and the lead dancer. Congratulations.”

“Thank you very much.” Haru smiled, nodding her head. She didn’t think she was that great, there must be someone who was better than her, but she was definitely feeling honored for being chosen.

“Geummi, you’re the lead rapper, dancer, and singer.” Eunmi’s voice rung out across the room again.

“Yay! Thank you.” Geummi smiled brightly, clapping her hands and her eyes sparkling with excitement. Geummi had forgotten about her promise to debut with Domin, it pushed to the back of her mind, now far too concerned about the fact she had been chosen to debut with this group.

“Daelin, you’re now the main vocalist and maknae of the group.” It was meet with an enthusiastic nod, her mind running with a thousand thoughts. She knew that her practice had finally paid off; she couldn’t wait until she told her family, but she knew that she had a long way to go before she would be remembered in history like S.E.S or Girl’s Generation.

“Finally Suri, you’re now the main dancer, lead vocalist and visual.” Eunmi finished, looking up to the girls from the papers in front of her.

“Thank you.” Suri said quietly, bowing to Eunmi. She was slightly embarrassed, but very glad that they had chosen her because of her dancing talent.

“Now that the contracts have been signed, and the group being explained to you; you are free to leave and got back to doing what you want. However remember this is to remain a secret and everything else will be explained tomorrow at your first practice, so any questioned you think of over night you’ll be able to ask then.” She summarized again, gesturing for them to hand her the signed contracts and then leave.

“Thank you very much.” Inhyo said, being the first in getting up after handing Eunmi the signed contract and bowing to her deep and respectfully, heading off back to Kyungmi’s apartment to chat and lounge around.

Haru, Daelin and Suri nodded, bowing as well and handed back their signed contracts and going back to whom they were with before being called to the offices.

“I’ll do my best!” Geummi said happily, handing back her contract, bowing and skipping off back to the practice rooms. She had been thinking it over after realizing that she was going to debut without Domin, and was deciding on whether or not to tell her best friend that was waiting for her. She could only fight with herself and hope that it wouldn’t hurt their friendship in the long run.
keera's Note

Now that they have met each other formally as group members, let the fun begin. Don't worry guys, this is only the beginning of their personalities. And I feel really sorry for that crappy salary that they get from SM (sorry but sacrifices must be made.)