|| origin #teaser ||

||VOX|| | SM Entertainment | Story Started
kara.png
Origin
its finally our turn... lets make it count. ↓

[12:37pm. October 24, 2014]

It was evident in the muttered curses from Kim Youngmin's mouth of his anger towards this years outcome; and it wasn't even the end of the year yet. He scowled, his brow almost becoming a single joined line as he read the numerous comments of support towards Luhan, the lastest failure SM having produced from its factory like trainee system.

"Luhan oppa! We are always behind you no matter what happens~~ Stay happy and healthy oppa!!~~"
"Kris oppa, Luhan oppa, we support you forever~~ Run far away from those nasty slave drivers~~"


He was losing count of how many times he had read the comments on articles and webpages, all flowing with hundred upon hundred of fan comments, giving their support to them, rather than siding with who had discovered them.

Youngmin was beyond furious. The company he's been entrusted to was losing money, stock prices were falling and all because the departure of two Chinese males whom he saw as leeches; merely gaining fame from his company and then leaving it to rot; only made worse by the loquaciously whining mouth of Jessica about being fired. It was her fault as he saw it; she neglected the job that had gotten her to where she was now and paid the price for it.

It seemed to be a deadend that he'd been forced into by these scandals, a seemingly never-ending pit. He needed a way back to the top, something to essentially distract the vultures away from these rotting corpses so he could bury them so far that no one would care any longer. However he knew to do this, it would take a massive amount of cunning and planning to fully rid himself of this years' problems.

He was at a blank, he could only stare at the words on the paper infront of him that seemed to just blur into one single word. He knew what he needed, publicity and media attention, and that of the good kind. It was obvious that their stock prices couldn't handle another crash as bad as this one and Red Velvet was doing nothing but accumulating scandals and unwanted media attention by the netizens. SM need a debut like EXO's; the current crowning jewel of SM ENtertainment; he needed to have fans flocking to this new group like flies to honey and he just needed to create one.

"Eunmi! I need to see you now!" His voice bellowed, echoing off the walls, not bothering with the intercom, shouting out to the secretary from across the wooden doors and paper thin walls of his office. If anyone could come up with ideas to hide atrocities and come up with ways to pull in money, it was Eunmi. She had been working at SM since the beginning of his takeover and was excellent at coming up with quick solutions to his problems.

The yelled command echoed one, absorbed into the walls leaving a ringing silence, only broken by  several clicks, shuffling and the doorknob clicking as it opened, only to reveal a short, milky skinned woman in her late 20's.

"Yes sir?" She said evenly, not fazed by the loud shout commanding her to the room, eyes glistening with . Youngmin's eyes flickered up for a second, before he rose from his chair, turing to fce the wall of windows behind him, staring out over the Han River.

"Eunmi. If you were the CEO of SM Entertainment right now... What would you do in this situation, more precisely how would you fix it?" Youngmin inquired tightly, not even turning to look at her to gauge her expression.

"Well sir... I would find a way to dive fans attention away from their current focus." Eunmi answered him flatly, her voice not wavering in her answer.

"And Eunmi, how exactly would you divert their attention away from this mess? Hmm?" Youngmin said tautly, silently rushing her to get to the point. His office remaining quiet for mere seconds before she responded to his question, her voice almost monotone with no pitch, nor emotion.

"By creating another group sir." This was getting closer to what he needed, causing him to turn around with a devilish smirk on his face, staring at his secretary that hadn't moved from where she came in at the door.

"Very good my dear." He spoke as he turned to get back in his seat, gesturing for Eunmi to take the one opposite him. "Now take a seat. We are going to discuss this diversion." Eunmi nodded fractionly, striding across the room and taking a seat on the cool leather. She fixed her eyes on Youngmin, waiting for him to continue.

"Tell me Eunmi. How would you, create, this group?" The words echoed off the walls, and seemed to be far hollower, deeper than merely the surface meaning of the words. It was silent as Eunmi stared straight forward, eyes cluded while she pondered over what to say, not caring in the slightest that Youngmin raised an eyebrow at her long silence, not saying anything, not even the usual 'Hurry up. I don't have the time for this.' 

"Sajangnim... If you are going to, divert, the attention. I would suggest creating a gril group, rather than a boy group. We are trying to make a statement to the media, not trying to be obvious about this. Show them that we are strong and the top for a reason and that this doesn't effect us wholly." Eunmi stated, unafraid to look Youngmin in the eyes as she told him what she thought, encouraged by the slight nods and the spark in his eyes.

"Fans will believe that we are ignoring both f(x) and Red Velvet, particularly as both haven't done well this year and have essentially just created more unwanted attention. It should postively effect both their sales, and gather enough attention onto our new girl group." Youngmin's smile was now stretched across his face, skin pulled tightly against his bones, a cunning smile paiting his lips.

"That is a wonderful idea Eunmi, now tell me more of your thought on this new girl group." Youngmin inquired, touching his index figer to his temple as he focused on what his secretary would say.

"This girl group, sajangnim, would have to be the best. They would have to be able to divert attention away and onto them, so I would suggest seeing the head trainers and teachers for lists on all female trainees and then pick who would be the absolute best. The ones that can do the most, are the best and are the most interesting..."


[9:00pm. October 24, 2014]

A series of rapid knocks diverted the attention of one CEO from his previous work. He stared at the door with intent and bellowed out,

"Well? Who is it?" This question was quite obvious, already suspecting who was at his office door at a time like this. 

"Sajangnim its Eunmi; the head trainers have arrived." The petite voice of his secretary called out, confirming his suspicions.

"Good. Send them in immediately." He commaned, leaning back in his large leather chair, watching the door with a poker face, listening to the normal rattle of the doorknob and then the light padding of feet as fifteen heads of departments filed in.

It was a mixture of both males and females, being six male teachers and nine female teachers, specializing in their fields. Two in each main facets of training; vocal, rap, dance, variety, MCing and idol etiquetter (male and female coach); and a single one for minor or more gender neutral facets; compositions, acting and languages (all being female coaches).

"Youngmin sajangnim, why have you called us? Ability assessments are not until November now." A male coach by the name of Minwoo demanded, his eyes narrowed. He was a fairly short man, standing at 5"8', however was considerablely passionate (and particularly good) about training his students in vocal and was the one to usually have classes go overtime.

"Minwoo, this is currently far more important than mere assessments and training. Tell me, why do you think I've called you here?" Youngmin ordered. his eyes narrowing at the balding man in front of him, the room seeming almost icily cold.

"If it's this important..." Minwoo started, eyeing the man with intent. "You've come up with a solution to your... little problem." He grunted the last few words out, not breaking his focus from the man in front of him.

"Yes. I've decided we will debut another girl group. That is where your help is necessary." It was all he needed to say before he recieved some more hostile looks and mutters of discouragement.

"Youngmin-sshi. You've only recently debuted Red Velvet, you know what the netizens will say, they will only complain further about these scandals. It will only draw more negative attention to us, and you and I both know that this company cannot afford anymore of that." Kwangsook said, trying to reason with him.

Kwangsook was in her late fifties and had been in this company from the very beginning teaching idol etiquette, seeing it her right to call him anything but sajangnim.

"Not entirely. One new girl group will not debut until next year, preperably around New Years. This will show the media that we at SM Entertainment are strong and can endure anything. It will show them why we remain the top entertainment company in all Korea. 2015 will be a new era for SM away from scandals; it will finally be our year. It'll only be a good thing for them to be the face of this era, it will help our older artists and help bring a new, far more commanding presence for being an idol at SM." Youngmin spoke, voice commanding power and respect with a single breath, sparing but a single glance towards his empolyees.

"Perhaps, but only if their debut is one of tremendous power and presence to command such an era. You'd need the best of what we have to offer of our trainees." Sangmi agreed loosely. She was the female vocal trainer, being one of the most critical women hired under the umbrella company, always distrusting everyone and anything.

"Yes that is why I am now assigning you to the task of scouting out the best within the trainees. Watch them closely both in and out of training, however they are to remain oblivious to this until I announce the formation of another group." Youngmin instructed, eyes narrowing as he looked blankly towards the small crowd in front of him.

"And tell me, what exactly is our criteria for this search?" Haeun, the foreign languages teacher questioned. On contrary to being in languages, she was perhaps the most reserved.

"Female trainees; aged around 17-25, the best in their field with strengths elsewhere. Ones most likely to be all-rounders. I want a list compiled the day after the next two ability assessments on the best candidates for selecton." He instructed quickly and decisively, daring them to say anything more on the subject. The room remained silent as he stared at them, hands resting against the desk.

"No? Go." Youngmin dictated, waving them off lazily as he turned back to the unfinished email to Avex Trax.

"This will set the standards of every idol."

Keera'S NoteS

Sup my dear readers and human, checking out my revamp of the fic and I guess all I'm doing is making it more appealing visually for me and you guys as well.
*Sajangnim = Boss.
So just a translation of that word, so if you can't be bothered googling what it means, just check down here for a translation and it will be provided.