2011 : The Preparation

This Time Of Year

Minseok is back again at Santa's Factory to do his annual task, to buy gifts for the Little Angel's orphans. This time he went with Yifan because the kid already graduated from high school so he doesn't need to be given toys anymore. He'll still receive gifts though, which will be bought by the orphanage's owner, just like what Minseok is receiving since 2005.

 

They entered the store and at one glance, Minseok already knows that Luhan is in charge of the cashier today. Good thing he brought Yifan with him, he thought. They already started picking up toys for the kids. It is easier with Yifan around because he knows more about his orphanage friends than Minseok does. Their shopping went smoothly. It's faster too because the number of kids to be given toys to decreased.

 

"Yifan, you know what to do." Minseok handed Yifan some money to pay for the toys.

"Not yet. I still don't know what to do hyung. Do I just come there to pay for these?" Yifan sarcastically asked.

"Wha-" At first he didn't get what the boy meant, but as he glanced at Luhan once again, he suddenly thought of something.

 

 

 

"Thanks for shopping at Santa's Factory," Luhan greeted before he began scanning the barcodes of the items Yifan brought at his counter. He is smiling in the whole process. But when he got the last set of items, he slowly looked at the person paying.

"A hyung requested me to give you that. Please punch that in before reading the card so that I can pay," Yifan said, just like what Minseok has taught him.

"Who-" Luhan stopped before he can ask who the 'hyung' was because a child started crying. The noise made him work faster, thinking that the line will pile up if he doesn't make it quick.

 

After Santa gave Yifan his shopping bag and greeted him Merry Christmas, Luhan calls for him, but he immediately went out the store. Luhan, on the other hand, can't leave his post. He can't go outside to see who it was. Again he is left curious.

 

 

 

After the reindeer's shift, he looks at the gift he received a while ago. Just like what he received yesterday, a poinsettia with a card, but now it includes chocolate. Really, he doesn't need items from their store, but receiving it from an anonymous someone made it special. He opened the card.

 

"Did you get my card yesterday? You look beautiful working. Just don't strain yourself. Remember, on Christmas. -xoxo" Luhan smiles. "Oh there's some more."

"PS: I don't know if you like chocolates, but that's the flavor you got last time, that's why." Luhan's eyes slowly get bigger, and his mouth slowly open with a smile.

 

"BINGO! I think I know who you are now." Luhan immediately stands up from where he sat to look for their boss. He's going to change his day off, because it's supposed to be tomorrow, December 24th, this year. But he has a very important date on the 25th so...

 

 

 

"SANTA-nim!!!

 

 

*~~*
 

 

"How would he know it was you if you didn't write your name, hyung? Kim Seonsaengnim always tells me to write my name so that she would know that it's mine," the bratty Sehun asks. It's already Christmas day and Minseok is preparing for his 'date'. It's really hard to prepare when there are ten kids around him. Some are helpful but many are not.

"Babo! That's the strategy there. It wouldn't be interesting if hyung put his name!" Chanyeol is in an outrage for Sehun's dumbness.

"Chanyeol-ah. He's not babo. That's bad." Junmyeon motions for Sehun to come to him and that made Sehun make a crying face.

"Hyuuuuuuuung!! Yodaaaaaaa!" Sehun comes to Junmyeon but Tao pushes him away saying something like 'Hyung is mine!' while Chanyeol glares at them.

 

 

"OMO!!!" Minseok stands up abruptly.

"What's the matter hyung?" Baekhyun stands up worrying about his hyung.

"AIISSSH!!" Another sound and facial expression that made the kids worry.

"EEEEEHHHHHH!" The kids that cares said altogether.

"I didn't even indicate in the card where we should meet!!! And at what time! I'm such an idiot! Idiot!!" Minseok is hitting his head but glares at Sehun when he hears a soft 'babo' from the brat.

"What are you going to do now, hyung?" Baekhyun asks.

"Yah! Yeollie! This is your fault. Your idea fails! What will hyung do now?" Jongdae throws all the blame at Chanyeol who looks like he's going to cry anytime soon.

"It's not your fault Chan-Chan. Hyung will think of a way-" Minseok is cut off by Kyungsoo who he didn't thought was actually there.

"Just go at your meeting place with the plan in your mind. If he goes there, then you're meant to be and he felt the connection of you two in your cards. But if not, maybe better luck next time. Or just hang yourself just like the people on TV when they fall out of love."

"Kyungsoo!" Junmyeon warned the kid.

"No! Kyungsoo's right."

"You're going to hang yourself?!!" Yifan suddenly shouts.

"Not that. I mean, he's right. I will still go at the park. I will wait for Luhan ‘til I can. If he comes, that's more special because he knew it was me. Thanks Kyung-ah!!"

"Whatever."

 

Minseok finishes his preparations. When he's done he stands up and looks at himself in the mirror.

 

"You're all set hyung! Good luck!" Baekhyun patted his back. The other kids bid him good luck too.

"Thanks guys! I wouldn't have done this without you all. And... Jongin, don't sleep in my bed. Go back to your room." With that, the other kids laughed and Minseok set off, with a smile and determination showing on his face.

 

 

Before Yifan went out of Minseok's room, Yixing tugged his shirt. He turned to the kid.

 

"Hyung... Where is Minseok hyung going?" Yifan didn't hesitate to pinch Yixing's nose real hard. He felt he really needed to do that. Just once.