Chap 6

Let's Go

Jongsuk pulled his hand away from Woobin and shook his head.
 

"I trusted you."
 

He ran.
 

Woobin sighed and squeezed his eyes shut. Taekwoon clicked his tongue.
 

"Too bad. He was a good slave. Now look at him run. He doesn't trust you anymore. And to think-"
 

"Shut up!!" Woobin shouted, punching Taekwoon in the gut, and making him stumble backward.
 

"How did you find out?" Woobin asked steadily.
 

"You've made me take desperate measures, Kim Woobin. You know that kid from your gang? We beat it out of him." Taekwoon said. Woobin socked him in the face.

He hated that bastard for having ever existed. Taekwoon motioned his head.

Hyunwoo tried punching him in the gut but Woobin blocked it and let him tumble to the side. Then he got him in the gut with his other fist.

Taekwoon growled.

Junhyung tried going for his face but missed as Woobin ducked and punched him in the gut. Junhyung was also out on the cement.

Woobin smirked as he stood face to face with Taekwoon.
 

"Since you know now, I guess I don't have to restrain myself."

Woobin cracked his knuckles.

"Aish. Messing with a former gangster is really..."

Woobin cracked his neck.

"It's something you shouldn't do, kid."

 

Taekwoon sneered and was about to throw a punch when someone intervened.

 

Nickhun held Taekwoon's wrist sternly.
 

"Stop this. Don't mess with him anymore. You don't know what you're getting into." Nickhun said calmly.

 

Taekwoon scoffed and clenched his teeth.

He jerked his hand from Nickhun's strength then walked off, his leftover members following.

 

Nickhun turned to Woobin just in time to dodge a fist. He took a few steps back.
 

"I'm not here to fight you."
 

"Why did you do that?" Woobin asked.
 

"Because I know you wouldn't have beaten them if they all ganged up on you. And besides, you don't have time for them now, do you?" Nickhun said. Woobin scoffed and walked the opposite direction Jongsuk ran.
"Where are you going?"
 

"Home." Woobin answered.
 

"I got rid of them so you could go chase that moron down, imbecile." Nickhun said. Woobin frowned and turned back to Nickhun. "I know what you came here to do and you're not done yet."
 

"You-"
 

"Yeah. I heard a little more than enough." Nickhun said.

Woobin started running the direction Jongsuk went.

"What a dumb relationship." Nickhun sighed.
 

 

Woobin ran and ran until he came upon the outdoor sinks for PE students. Jongsuk was washing his face.
 

"Jongsuk!"

 

Jongsuk looked up then immediately started running.

They ran around the sinks and each time Jongsuk came around, he'd splash his face before running again.

Woobin growled in frustration then finally decided to stand idle next to the sink. His plan worked out when Jongsuk came around and fell right into his hands.

He held on tightly...ish. Jongsuk seemed like he was struggling to break free but Woobin barely had to hold him.
 

"Listen to me. I'm not like that anymore."
 

"Aish! Tell that to someone who cares!" Jongsuk said, hitting Woobin's hand.
 

"Don't you care, Jongsuk?" Woobin shook him. "You're the one that follows me everywhere! You said to me that you would endure the troubles I bring! Did you forget already?!"

Jongsuk looked away and blinked rapidly. Then he looked back into Woobin's eyes.
 

"Is that all you wanted me to remember?" Jongsuk asked softly.

 

Woobin let out a breath and averted his eyes.

 

"If you don't like people touching you then..."

 

Jongsuk gently slid Woobin's hands off his shoulders with the back if his hand.

 

"Don't touch other people."

 

Jongsuk turned and walked away, biting his lips.

 

Woobin sighed and put his hands in his pockets. He went home and lie on his bed.

Sukkie had fallen asleep at the doorstep and Woobin had placed him in his bed already.

Woobin stared at the ceiling.
 

"Woobin! Woobin, help! I'm stuck!"
 

Woobin clenched his teeth and sat up quickly.

He rushed to the bathroom and the cold water. He wet his whole head before sighing and drying himself.

He went back to his bed and tried to sleep, only to wake up from a nightmare.

He felt cold sweat run down his face and neck.

He looked at the time.

It was early so he decided to go to school again in the early morning.

He knew there was no way he could fall asleep again. He's been having nightmares and was losing too much sleep.

But somehow, when he slept on the rooftop with Jongsuk, he could sleep like there was no tomorrow.

He shook his head but it was too late. He rushed to the bathroom and splashed his face with ice-cold water.

He didn't bother drying his face as he made his way to school.
 

.....

 

Jongsuk woke up late again. Having bullies or even Kim Woobin waking him up wasn't that bad.

He grabbed his backpack and headed to class.

Once he opened the door, he ignored Woobin and stepped in. Just as he was about to pass Woobin's desk, Woobin got up and blocked his way.

Their classmates gasped and whispered.
 

"Let's go." Woobin said. Jongsuk stood idle and stared past Woobin. "Aish, this kid." He grabbed Jongsuk's wrist and led him out the door.
 

"Ahh. What is this?" The girls complained.
 

"But he's so cool." The guys complained.
 

The teacher had just opened the door and walked in. He spotted Jongsuk's empty desk.
 

"Is Lee Jongsuk not here again?"
 

"Oh. Jongsuk didn't just get pulled out by my handsome Kim Woobin a second ago." One of the girls said sarcastically. The teacher groaned and walked out the door.
 

"Take care of introduction, Class President."
 

"Yes, sir!"

 

Then the whole class went loud and wild.
 

Woobin stopped walking and turned around to Jongsuk.
 

"That wasn't what I wanted you to remember." Woobin said. Jongsuk flinched when Woobin leaned forward. "Look at me closely and tell me what you remember from that day years ago." Woobin said. Jongsuk tugged back and avoided Woobin's piercing eyes.

Woobin grabbed him by the shirt.

"I said look at me!" He demanded. Jongsuk placed his hand on Woobin's.
 

"I don't want to look at a gangster and a liar. A trickster." Jongsuk stated. Woobin let out a sharp breath and shook Jongsuk again.
 

"I told you. I'm not like that anymore-"
 

"That's what they all say-"
 

"Shut up! You're going to listen to that stupid-!" Jongsuk coughed on Woobin's face accidentally.

Jongsuk continued coughing harshly as Woobin let go of him. He put his forearm over his mouth to cover his coughs.

Woobin waited until Jongsuk's coughing ceased then spoke again, softer this time.
 

"Sukkie. Don't you remember? I'm-"
 

"LEE JONGSUK!!" The math teacher stomped over to the two and looked at Woobin then Jongsuk. "What are you two doing?! Get to class!" He demanded.

Woobin scoffed and walked off. Jongsuk was pulled to class by the teacher.

"Jongsuk. If you have two more unexcused absences, that will result in suspension. So come to class every day from now on, alright?" The teacher said. Jongsuk nodded.
 

Once they stepped in, the class buzzed with chatter. Jongsuk stared into space and tuned everyone out..
 

.....

 

Woobin rushed home but was convinced by Sukkie to go after Jongsuk again.

He hated running and chasing after people. He knew to go to the rooftop and was relieved to see Jongsuk.

Jongsuk was already asleep and his breathing was raspy. If he kept sleeping in this cold, he'd surely catch a disease.

Woobin didn't really want to help him though. Jongsuk didn't trust him anymore anyway and he didn't know what to say.

Although Jongsuk didn't keep his words.
 

"...I guess I could live with that."
 

Woobin squatted down beside Jongsuk. He was about to pick him up when.
 

"Don't touch other people."
 

Woobin clenched his fists and felt his head grow hot again. He growled and carefully removed Jongsuk's backpack from underneath his head.
 

"Aish. This is why I don't carry a stupid backpack. So bothersome." He said as he swung it over his shoulder then slid a hand under Jongsuk's neck and thigh. He picked Jongsuk up and was surprised at how light he was.

Jongsuk started coughing again, making Woobin freeze for a moment. Woobin looked through the door and at the stairs.
 

"Aish, seriously." He groaned, then started down. Jongsuk shivered and snuggled into Woobin's chest.
"Better not make me sick too, kid." He mumbled.
 

They approached at the house and Woobin decided to give up his bad to Jongsuk.

He made sure to keep Sukkie away from Jongsuk. He didn't want Sukkie getting sick also.

He dozed off on the sofa.