Chap 10(Final)

Let's Go

"It was me." Jongup confessed.

Jongsuk pouted and looked to Woobin, who was expressionless. He turned back to Jongup.
 

"What was you?" Jongsuk questioned. Jongup hesitantly stepped forward.
 

"I started the fire." Jongup said.

Jongsuk's mouth hung open.

"I heard you got beat up by the bullies, trying to help Woobin." Jongup sighed. "I'm sorry."

Woobin clicked his tongue.
 

"Why did you do it?" Woobin asked.

 

"I...I didn't want to go to class anymore."
 

"Why?" Jongsuk asked. Jongup looked to the ground and dug his toe in the ground.
 

"You guys wouldn't get it. You get beat up. Not bullied like I do."
 

"What?" Jongup looked up at Jongsuk. "Bullied?" Jongsuk scoffed. "I got bullied too so don't state false things, alright? And go confess to the teachers so Woobin wouldn't get suspended."

 

Jongup nodded and headed to the door but was stopped.
 

"If you do that, you'll be suspended." Woobin said. "And you're not the type to miss school. But I am. I've gone through this before so just let me take the blame."

There was a moment of silence then Jongup nodded slightly and left.

Jongsuk groaned once the door shut.
 

"Aish. Seriously. Why did you say that?! He has to take responsibility for his actions!"
 

"No. He doesn't."
 

"What?!" Jongsuk exclaimed. Woobin turned around to Jongsuk.
 

"You have to keep your word! You at doing that!"
 

Jongsuk flinched.
 

"'I just want to thank him. That's all I want to do, then he can disappear for all eternity and I wouldn't care.'" Woobin quoted as he went to the door and turned the knob.

 

"Goodbye, Lee Jongsuk."

 

He opened the door and stepped one foot out.

 

"You're welcome."

 

Then he disappeared.
 

Jongsuk growled and hit the mattress beneath him.
 

"That demented Jerk!!"
 

.....

 

Woobin was heading through the school gate when he ran into none other than Jung Taekwoon. Woobin clenched his fists in his pockets as Taekwoon approached.
 

"Where's Jongsuk?" Taekwoon asked. Woobin glared at Taekwoon and pushed him by the chest.
 

"Yah. Tell me." Taekwoon pushed.

Woobin walked into the building. Taekwoon followed and grabbed Woobin's uniform. Woobin turned and smacked his hand off.
 

"Why? So you can finish the job-?"
 

"So I can apologize." Taekwoon said. Woobin scoffed.
 

"You think an apology is going to do the job? Make him okay again?"
 

"It's worth trying. And I'll find him myself if you won't tell me." Taekwoon said, walking off.
 

"Aish. Maybe it'll work. Jongsuk is like that." Woobin said to himself.

 

Woobin bumped into Taekwoon's shoulder blade then walked out the front gate.
 

"I'll take you."
 

 

Woobin and Taekwoon opened the hospital door to an empty room. Woobin let out an annoyed sigh and headed back to school with Taekwoon following.

 

"Woobin!" The teachers in the room jumped and turned their heads to the door.
 

"Jongsuk? What happened to your head?" They all asked at the same time.

Jongsuk laughed nervously and rubbed his forehead, bowing.
 

"Umm. Have any of you seen Kim Woobin?" Jongsuk asked politely.
 

"No. He wasn't supposed to attend school today so I haven't seen-" The vice principal cut himself off and looked behind Jongsuk with wide eyes. "I was wrong."

Before Jongsuk could turn around, he had been pushed to the side.
 

Woobin got on his knees and bowed to the teachers.
 

"Please suspend me from this moment on!" Woobin pleaded.
 

"No!" Jongsuk protested. He got on his knees and bowed as well. "Please don't suspend him! I'll do anything!"

They heard another thud on the floor.
 

"Please listen to Jongsuk, sir!"
 

"Jung Taekwoon?" The vice principal chuckled. "I never thought this day would ever come. Kim Woobin and Jung Taekwoon begging me for something?" He started laughing.

Jongsuk laughed nervously along with the vice principal.
 

"Ah. As good as it seems, I'm afraid I'm unable to do anything but...I can get him transferred instead." Jongsuk but his lip and bowed, hitting his head injury on the floor on accident. He groaned and rubbed his head.
 

"But, sir. I-"
 

"It was me." Taekwoon said, interjecting Jongsuk's words.
 

"What?"
 

"It was me!" Woobin said.
 

"It was the both of you?"
 

"No!" Jongsuk protested. "It wasn't just them. It was me too! I'm sorry!"
 

"What?!"
 

"It wasn't any of them! It was me!" A voice came from the doorway. Jongup bowed. "I started the fire, sir! Punish me!"
 

"No! I said it was me!" Woobin declared.
 

"It was all me!" Jongsuk claimed.
 

"What are you losers saying?! I started the fire intentionally!" Taekwoon claimed.
 

"We started it! Taekwoon doesn't know what he's talking about!" Hyunwoo yelled, running in with Nickhun and Junhyung.
 

"Yeah. We poured gasoline over the whole room!"
 

"And set it off with a bomb-"
 

"That's enough!" The vice principal's voice boomed as he stood from his chair with force.

 

Everyone went silent.

 

He studied each of their faces.
 

"I don't know what you kids are doing but this is a very serious matter! We'll have to give you all punishments now-"
 

"I would like to see the principal." A fireman walked in in uniform, standing behind all the teens.
 

"Uh. The principal is not present. May I, the vice principal, be of service?" The fireman nodded and stepped past all the teens.
 

"We found the source of the fire. The computer in the back corner of the room fried and exploded."

 

Jongsuk, Woobin, Taekwoon, Jongup, Hyunwoo, Nickhun, and Junhyung's eyes grew wide.

 

"Luckilly no one was present at that time. But..." The fireman reached into his front pocket.

 

He handed the vice principal something small.
 

"We found remnants of this lighter on the floor just a few inches from the door. The case is fireproof so it did not cause further damage. But we wanted to hand this over." He saluted and bowed then left.

The vice principal sighed and held up the lighter.
 

"Who's is this?" Jongup raised his hand.
 

"You stay." He sighed and scanned everyone's face. "The rest of you, go back to class."
 

They all walked silently through the halls and up the stairs without further complaints.
 

"Why did you do that?" Jongsuk asked Woobin, breaking the silence.

 

Woobin sighed.
 

"Shut up" He said. Then he went into the room. Jongsuk scratched his head.
 

"Aish. Run away from the hospital and I get this in return."
 

"Yah. Jongsuk." Jongsuk jumped and immediately put up his hands in defense. "I'm sorry." Taekwoon said, nudging Jongsuk off balance on accident.
 

Jongsuk avoided eye contact and rubbed the bruises Taekwoon reminded him of.
 

"Is that why you took the blame?" Jongsuk asked. Taekwoon nodded.
 

"Yeah. I know you'll probably never forgive me but-" Jongsuk punched his bicep.
 

"You're forgiven." Jongsuk said. Taekwoon nodded blankly and was pulled to class by Junhyung.
 

"Bye!" Taekwoon waved. Jongsuk smiled and waved back.
 

"Bye!"
 

The door opened, making Jongsuk jump. Woobin looked at him then closed the door. He sighed.
 

"Aren't you going in?" Woobin asked. Jongsuk peeked in through the windows and saw the math teacher.
 

"Why don't you come too?" Jongsuk suggested. Woobin turned but Jongsuk stopped him. "Yah. What do I have to do?" Jongsuk asked. Woobin pursed his lips and tried walking away but Jongsuk wrapped his arm around his shoulders.
 

"Let's go~!" Jongsuk singsonged. Woobin groaned.
 

"Let's go."