Chap 2

Let's Go

Jongsuk awoken at water to his face.

He shook it as he sat up.

He wiped his face and opened his blurry eyes.

He saw eight faces.
 

"Hey, Sukkie~. Where's our money?"

Oh.

There were only four faces.

Hyunwoo stood hovering over him.

"Do you have any idea how much interest you owe Taekwoon?"

He poured the rest of the water from the water bottle on Jongsuk's head, drenching his hair.

Jongsuk paused and let the water run down his face.

Once Hyunwoo was finished, he tossed the water bottle to the cement and moved aside.

Taekwoon stood before Jongsuk, who was drying his face with his uniform. Taekwoon grabbed Jongsuk's hair and tugged it back, Jongsuk's Adam's apple bobbed.
 

"Are you falling under Woobin like an obedient servant now? You know that's going to come back and bite you in the ." Taekwoon said. Jongsuk tugged away.
 

"No, I'm not falling under him." Jongsuk said. Taekwoon nodded.
 

"Good. Good. Then stop following him around and if I see you with that brat again...well, you know what's in store for you." He pushed Jongsuk's head down forcibly. "And bring me my money tomorrow. If you don't then you're in for a world of pain." He let go then headed through the door and down the stairs. "Get your asses down here!" He ordered.

Jongsuk sighed and grabbed his backpack then went to class.
 

He sat in his seat during passing period and ignored everyone like he always did. It was like a habit for him. He never really couldn't cancel out noise.

Except now.
 

"Yah. Did you guys hear Kim Woobin used to be a gangster?"
 

"What?! Really?!"
 

"Yeah. They said he got beaten to death by his ex-boss."
 

"What? He can't get beaten to death if he's still alive, stupid! That must be a lie because I heard he used to work for the F.B.I. Don't you know how cool that is?"
 

"Idiot! There's no way he worked for the F.B.I.! I heard he had a childhood accident though..."

Jongsuk tuned them all out. It was already dumb from the beginning.
 

.....

 

Woobin splashed his face with cold water in the bathroom. He stared at himself for a little then grabbed a paper towel. He was drying his face when he caught a glimpse of a pestering bug in the mirror.

 

Jung Taekwoon.
 

Woobin smirked.
 

"Forfeit now. Or I will start something." Taekwoon said. Woobin scoffed and stepped up to Taekwoon, still drying his hands.
 

"When will you start something? I don't have much patience."
 

"I'll start something right now just for you-" Taekwoon was intercepted. Woobin smacked his wet towel to Taekwoon's face.
 

"Catch up. Seems it's already started, slowpoke." Woobin said, then strolled out the restroom with his hands in his pockets.
 

"Yah! Really, this kid-!!"

Taekwoon put out his arms to hold his friends back. He dropped his head so the towel would fall off.
 

Jongsuk's spirits lifted once he saw Woobin walk in. Woobin noticed him but ignored him and sat in his seat.

The bell rung and the math teacher entered.

Woobin got up and exit when the teacher was still closing the door; Jongsuk took this chance and dashed out the door as well.
 

"Yah! Woobin! Wait a second, will you?!" He called, messaging his side. He had spent too many nights on the rooftop's hard cement.

Woobin groaned and his lips. He made a sharp turn to the right.
 

"Woobin-"
 

"What?! What's so important that you have to tell me?!" Woobin questioned, finally giving in.
 

"I..." Jongsuk put a finger to his mouth and looked to the ground. "Well..."
 

"Aish." Woobin groaned and continued walking.
 

"Um. Where are you going?" He ended up asking. Woobin ignored his question and headed up to the rooftop.
 

"Ah~ Yes, of course. Why did I even ask." Jongsuk said. Woobin clenched his teeth and frowned slightly.
 

Why did this kid have to follow him everywhere? Was he the punishment for the bad deeds of the past?
 

"Woobin." Jongsuk said once they had elbows pressed against the cement on the edge.

Woobin turned to him with an uncaring expression.

"Why did you come back for me?" Jongsuk asked. Woobin looked back out to the school parking lot.
 

"I don't know what you're talking about-" Jongsuk shook him by the shoulder.
 

"Right before you jumped off the building during lunch. Yesterday."
 

"Aish." Woobin sighed. He turned to Jongsuk and ruffled his hair.

He stopped.

"Why are you wet?" He asked straightforward.

Jongsuk massaged the side of his neck.
 

"It's nothing. Just got ambushed this morning, that's all." Jongsuk said. Woobin scoffed and looked at his watch. He leaned back on the cement.
 

"Aish. Still got three hours before school's out."
 

"Yah, Woobin."
 

"Hm?" Woobin hummed, closing his eyes.
 

"Do you think math is really incompetent? Or were you just saying that to get out of it?"

Woobin groaned and slid down to the floor. Jongsuk followed.

"Cause it was pretty cool. No one ever has the guts to talk back to the math teacher like that."

Woobin sighed and put his head back against the cement, shading his eyes.

"You know. There's been a lot of rumors spreading around school about you. That you used to be a gangster, F.B.I. Agent, and even a bully. But I won't believe any of it unless you say it's true because you're a good guy. Unless you think you're not then...I guess I could still live with that."

Jongsuk nudged Woobin with his shoulder. "Yah. Woobin. Are you sleeping?"

Woobin groaned and shifted away from Jongsuk.

Jongsuk scooted to Woobin again.

They repeated this process until they reached the corner and there was nowhere left to go.
 

"You can sleep on my shoulder." Jongsuk suggested. Woobin shook his head but was too drowsy to protest as Jongsuk lie his head on his shoulder. Woobin tugged away but eventually fell back down on Jongsuk's shoulder.
 

"Oh yeah and...If you'd let me borrow your jacket for the night, that'd be great." He said, although he knew Woobin couldn't hear him anymore.

It was another ten minutes before Jongsuk decided to lock the roof door, he didn't want anyone disturbing Woobin's nap. Then he hurried back to Woobin and placed his head on his shoulder again but Woobin fell forward, falling in his lap.

Jongsuk held his breath, afraid Woobin would awaken, but he didn't and just kept snoozing away like a baby.

Jongsuk left him there with a sigh.
 

How is he ever going to get back to class now? He missed way too much at the beginning of the year.
 

Jongsuk awoken at a time he did not know but looking at the sky, it seemed the final school bell had just rung.
 

Jongsuk was about to get up when he felt something warm over his chest and torso. He held it and looked down. It was the top part of their school uniform. He looked at the golden name tag.
 

KIM WOOBIN
 

He smiled and folded it then got to his feet and started for his class.

When he arrived, there was no one there so he grabbed his backpack and stopped to stare at Woobin's seat. He then went to the rooftop because he had no reason to go home anymore.

He slept on the rooftop with a little more warmth this time.
 

.....

 

Slap.

Slap.

Slap.

Slap.

Slap.

Slap.

Spla.

Psal.

Slpa.
 

Woobin looked at his hand. Slapping this kid's face was making his slaps sound weird.
 

"Mnngh." Jongsuk groaned. He opened his eyes slightly. "Woobin?" He said groggily.

Woobin sneered and grabbed his uniform from Jongsuk's arms. He brushed it off.
 

"You wanted my coat just to hug for the night? Aish." He said before putting his coat between his forearm and waist, keeping his hand in his pocket. Jongsuk ran his hand through his brown hair in attempt to fix it a little.

Woobin walked over to the edge of the rooftop and stared off into the distance.
 

"What time is it?" Jongsuk asked. Woobin didn't care to answer and took in a deep breath. Jongsuk got up and wobbled over to Woobin.
 

"Yah. Don't you have a phone? Or a watch?" Jongsuk asked.

Woobin shut his eyes and raised his face. Jongsuk messed his own hair up again.

"Aish. Never mind. You're no use." Jongsuk grumbled as he stretched his arms over the edge.
"It seems so early. Why are you here already?" Jongsuk asked.

Woobin held up his uniform then turned and started walking but Jongsuk just had to touch him.

Jongsuk grabbed his shirt,

Woobin immediately pushing him back.

But there was nothing but a ledge behind Jongsuk.
 

"Ahh!" Jongsuk exclaimed as he fell backward.
 

"!" Woobin cursed as he lounged forward to grab Jongsuk.

Just as he did so, a sharp edge of the ledge cut his shirt open.

As he caught Jongsuk's ankle, his overcoat fell off the building and the sharp edge pressed into him, creating a large gash across his lower abdomen. Woobin growled in pain and nearly lost hold of Jongsuk.

He mustered just enough energy to haul Jongsuk up and onto the safety of sturdy flooring. Jongsuk breathed heavily as he got up.
 

"Wow! That was scary! Why did you-Woobin!! What happened!!?" Jongsuk exclaimed when he finally noticed Woobin's injury.

Woobin put a hand to his abdomen and wobbled over to the door. He felt dizzy and dazed as he made his way down the stairways, barely able to hear Jongsuk's requests.
 

"Let me help you, Woobin! You're hurt badly!" Jongsuk said as he tried to support Woobin but every time he did, Woobin would push him away.

Jongsuk tripped and fell down a few steps but got up,
rubbing his head.

They were almost on the last flight when Woobin's wobbling and stumbling gave in.

Woobin tipped over and was about to fall onto the stairs beside him, but Jongsuk blocked his fall with his body. Woobin hit Jongsuk hard against the stone stairs, knocking the air out of him.

Jongsuk knew he was too much of a weakling to catch Woobin so he sacrificed his body instead.

He sat up and helped Woobin up by wrapping Woobin's arm around his shoulders.
 

"It's alright, Woobin. We're almost to the nurse's office. Hang on alright? Don't die. Don't die!!"
 

"I'm not. ing. Dying." Woobin growled lowly.