Chap 5

Let's Go

Morning came and Jongsuk didn't...?

Jongsuk woke up later than he usually did.

He had a good night's rest for once. He got up and felt something fall off his torso. He looked down.

It was a blanket complete with a pillow where Jongsuk's head was, a moment ago. He smiled and got up. He reached for his uniform but felt nothing.

He looked around his backpack was gone from the doorstep and so were his shoes.

He got up and out of the sheet. He made his way to Woobin's bedroom door and knocked.

The door opened slightly.
 

"Are you in there?" Jongsuk called as he peeked in.
 

WOOFU! WOOFU! WOOFU!
 

Jongsuk looked down to see Sukkie barking at him.

He smiled and petted him, breaking the dog's strong front. The dog wagged its tail and panted.
 

"Where's Woobin? And where are my things-?" Jongsuk spotted his school uniform, backpack, and shoes on Woobin's bed. He groaned and snatched the items.

Sukkie barked at him again but Jongsuk smiled at him, making him wag his tail again.
 

"Did Woobin tell you to keep me from my stuff? How could he? You're such a good dog." He complimented, rubbing the dog's head.

Jongsuk went to the bathroom and changed then went to the door. He put his shoes on.
 

"Stay and be a good dog, Sukkie." Jongsuk said, waving, then shut the door after him. Jongsuk found it funny how the name a bully gave him was Woobin's dog's name.
 

Did he do it on purpose?
 

He ran out but didn't know how to get to school from Woobin's school. So he asked the people he passed.

Some gave him the wrong direction so he got even more lost.

He continued and finally found a cop.
 

"Yeah. Goonigi High School is right around the corner. Why aren't you-" Jongsuk dashed there.
 

Why didn't Woobin wake him up? And why did he hide his stuff?
 

He needed to talk with Woobin.

Just as he was about to run by the nurse's office, he ran into Nickhun. Nickhun looked at him with wide eyes.
 

"Thanks for the flowers, Nickhun-ah! They're beautiful-!" Nickhun shut the door and sped off. Jongsuk pursed his lips.
 

"Okay?" Then he started off again. He made it to his classroom and opened the door. He looked at Woobin's bare seat.
 

"Lee Jong-Jongsuk! Get back here!!" The teacher ordered as Jongsuk darted away.

 

Jongsuk knew where to look first. He went to the rooftop as fast as he could, not paying attention to anyone walking by him. He pushed open the door and checked the whole place.

No Woobin.

He groaned and ran back down to the stairs when he bumped into someone. The scent was familiar.
 

"Woobin!"
 

"Jongsuk?!" Woobin exclaimed, surprised. "What are you doing here?"
 

"I was trying to find you!"
 

"Sukkie let you in?!" Woobin said as he face palmed himself. "Aish. I knew he would."
 

"What?! So you were trying to keep me in! Why would you do that?!" Jongsuk asked, angry, as Woobin pushed past him.
 

"Why do you have to be the only one he likes." Woobin muttered.
 

"Yah! What do you mean?!" Jongsuk questioned, running out after Woobin. "Why is it such a surprise to see me?! Why were you trying to keep me from school?!"

Woobin ignored him.

Jongsuk placed a hand on his shoulder. Woobin stopped walking.

"Tell me." Jongsuk demanded. Woobin sighed and continued walking, hands in his pockets. Jongsuk scoffed.
 

"Fine. Tell me why your dog's name is Sukkie. Did you purposely name him that to make fun of me?"
 

"You mean you don't remember?" Woobin mumbled.
 

"Remember what?" Jongsuk asked, going to stand in front of Woobin. Woobin's fists clenched tighter. Woobin scoffed.
 

"Remember what." He uttered. "This jerk." Jongsuk grabbed him by the collar.
 

"Jerk? What am I supposed to remember-!" Woobin socked Jongsuk, making him fall against the cement ledge.

Jongsuk clenched his teeth and held his cheek. Woobin reached down and grabbed him by the collar.

He pulled Jongsuk up to his face level.
 

"You really don't remember me?!" Woobin yelled.

 

Jongsuk breathed heavily.

 

The door opened.

 

Jongsuk looked to see Nickhun bruised and beat up.

 

Woobin threw Jongsuk down to the ground and clenched his fists, hiding them in his pockets. He walked through the door and down the stairs.

 

Jongsuk tried to steady his breathing.
 

"What was he talking about?" He muttered.
 

"Yah." Jongsuk turned to Nickhun. "Don't tell anyone about me and the nurse. Got it?" Nickhun said. Jongsuk got up and groaned in pain.
 

"What do you mean?"
 

"Don't pretend you don't know." Nickhun said harshly.
 

"Alright-alright. I won't." Jongsuk said. He brushed himself off and looked at Nickhun's bruises and cuts.
 

"What happened? Did Taekwoon finally beat you?" Jongsuk asked. Nickhun sighed and looked to the sky.
 

"Yeah." He breathed. Jongsuk's eyes widened.
 

"Oh? Why?"

 

Nickhun groaned and walked to the door.
 

"That Woobin kid has problems. Fix him, will ya?" Nickhun said. Then he sighed. "And...I quit his gang." He said before disappearing down the stairway.

 

Jongsuk was in shock but it did make sense.

 

If he liked the nurse then he must become a good kid.

 

Why couldn't Taekwoon have someone like that?
 

.....

 

Woobin rushed home after school and lie on his bed. He groaned and shifted to his side.

Sukkie was right at his face.
 

"What?"

The dog whined.

"Jongsuk? He'd still be here if you didn't let him take his stuff."

The dog barked.

Woobin shifted position.

"I know. I shouldn't have punched him. But it makes me so mad. How could he be such an airhead?"

The dog barked.

"Aish. Seriously? I'm not going to get him. He can die out in the cold for all I care-"

The dog whined. "What? No. I'm not going!"

Sukkie jumped on the bed and pushed him to the edge with his head.
 

"Yah! I said no!"

The dog kept pushing until Woobin fell off the bed. He got up and dusted himself, glaring at Sukkie.
 

"Aish. Fine. I'll go." He finally gave in and went to the school.
 

He went to the rooftop, expecting to see Jongsuk but there was no sign of him. So he ended up running around the whole school until he heard a familiar sound.

Kicking,

mocking, and

groaning.

He dashed to the corner of the locker rooms and tore Jongsuk away from danger.

Jongsuk was coughing even harder now and he was heaving.

Taekwoon growled.
 

"Mind your own business, punk. Unless you want to get beaten too."
 

"Shut up." Woobin said. Taekwoon sneered.
 

"Yes. That's exactly what you want, isn't it?" Taekwoon said as he looked to Jongsuk. "Yah. What are you doing beside this gangster?"

 

Woobin froze and his hand tensed. Jongsuk felt it and his eyebrows scrunched downward.

 

Taekwoon took a step toward Woobin.
 

"Aaaahhh. He didn't tell you. I doubt he would have told you ever that he killed people. And well, you know, tricked people."

 

Woobin's Adam's apple bobbed. Jongsuk's eyes grew wide and he turned to Woobin.
 

"I-Is that true?" He stuttered. Woobin sighed and looked away.
 

"Yes."