Chap 4

Let's Go

Jongsuk was surprised but when he switched on the lights, everything was gone.

Literally.

He checked every room. Even his things were gone, although he never really owned anything. There was a piece of paper on the wall.

He ripped it off.
 

FOR SALE
 

Jongsuk scoffed. He couldn't believe it.

His dad sold the place without telling him anything.

He dropped the piece of paper and sulked out the old house where his life started happily.

But once his mom decided to divorce, his dad lost control of life and became a drinker.

His mother had requested that he move away with her but Jongsuk wanted to stay. He wantd to wait for the friend that saved him to return. He knew that one day they'd meet again, even if they were in their hundreds.
 

Jongsuk slept on the rooftop once again.
 

Jongsuk woke up with a cough. The days were starting to get cold and he didn't know how much longer he could live on the school's cold rooftop.
 

He went to class and saw Woobin. He waved but Woobin looked away so he went to his seat.

During passing period before math class, Jongsuk tried to find Woobin.

The only reason why Jongsuk stayed in class was because he wanted to get a high school diploma. He wanted to get a decent job to help his father but that didn't seem like the case, now that he left.
 

.....

 

Woobin splashed cold water on his face then thought of Jongsuk and switched the water to freezing temperature. He continued doing so until someone touched his shoulder. He glared into the mirror as he was greeted by a familiar smile.
 

"Hey, Woobin. You're not going to class-" Jongsuk coughed. "Are you?"

Woobin sighed and continued splashing his face.

"Isn't that too much face washing for the day? You're always doing that." Jongsuk pointed out.

Woobin ignored him and turned the faucet but it had reached its coldest limit. So he turned it off instead and grabbed a paper towel. Jongsuk got out of his way.
 

"Thanks for yesterday-"
 

"Shut up." Woobin said, looking him in the eye. "And I told you not to follow me anymore. You're nothing but trouble."
 

"What? You're more trouble than I am." Jonguk said. Woobin sighed and tossed the towel in the trash.
 

"You're right. Don't follow me unless you want trouble." Woobin said as he walked out the door.

Jongsuk looked at himself in the mirror and the faucet Woobin was using. He splashed his face quickly and almost immediately got the chills.

He smacked the faucet off.
 

"How does he splash such freezing water on his face everyday?" Jongsuk questioned as he dried his face hastily.

He let out a huge breath.

"I can do this." Then he ran out.
 

"Woobin!" Jongsuk shouted once he caught sight of him.

Woobin kept walking and didn't acknowledge Jongsuk at all.

Jongsuk was going to tug his shirt but he didn't and watched as Woobin went further and further. Jongsuk sighed and put his hands in his pockets. He coughed again and went to class.
 

"Lee Jongsuk! You're late!" Jongsuk didn't hear his teacher as he had already tuned everything out. He went and sat in his seat and stared out the window.
 

 

After school, Jongsuk decided to go check his house to see if his father was there.

No luck.

He decided to go walk around the city. He had time to waste but his cold was getting worst so he tried to find somewhere warm.

He was about to open the door to a small convenience store when someone stepped out. Jongsuk got knocked backward and looked up.
 

"Woobin!" He exclaimed, surprised he'd see Kim Woobin in the city.
 

"Aish." Woobin groaned and started walking. Jongsuk coughed before turning to follow Woobin.
 

"Woobin! Woobin!" Woobin stopped. Jongsuk ran in front of him. "I accept. I'll bare whatever trouble you attract."

 

"Oh really?"

 

Jongsuk jumped at the familiar mocking voice behind him.

Taekwoon grabbed Woobin and pulled them into the shadows of the dark alley.

Only Hyunwoo and Nickhun were there so they pushed Jongsuk to follow.

 

Taekwoon pushed Woobin against the brick wall.
 

"This time you don't have anything helping you, coward. No cameras. No teachers. Let's see how you do." Taekwoon said.

Woobin sneered.

Taekwoon looked to s and ticked his head at Jongsuk.

Nickhun punched Jongsuk's cheekbone, making him fall to the cold cement, then they kicked him everywhere.
 

"Not helping your little slave?" Taekwoon asked Woobin. Woobin sneered.
 

"Isn't he yours? Or are you handing him over?" Woobin said. Taekwoon gritted his teeth and clenched harder onto Woobin's shirt collar.

Jongsuk coughed out blood, for he was already sick.
 

"You really don't care, do you?" Taekwoon asked. Woobin sighed.
 

"If this is all then I'm leaving. I have more important things to do-" Taekwoon socked Woobin in the face, making his head turn right.

Woobin readjusted his jaw then punched Taekwoon back.

He kicked Taekwoon's stomach then punched him in the face again.

Hyunwoo and Nickhun stopped beating Jongsuk and held Woobin back. Woobin flung them off and Taekwoon again but Hyunwoo punch him right in his wound.

Woobin put a hand on his seeping wound and was held back again as Taekwoon punched him.

Jongsuk ran off for help.
 

"This is what things feel like when it's started. Does it feel nice!? Huh!?" Taekwoon said, punching Woobin's side. Woobin spit blood on Taekwoon's face, making the other stop momentarily.

Woobin smirked.
 

"Is that the best you can do?" He mocked, receiving an even harder punch to his wound.
 

"Shut up! You'll be lucky if you don't die by the end of this-"
 

"YAH!! CHILDREN!! WHAT'S GOING ON OVER THERE!!?"
 

"I guess he's lucky. It's a cop, Taekwoon." Nickhun said.

 

Taekwoon punched Woobin across the face one more time before running. The others following.

The cop came running beside Jongsuk.
 

"Woobin! Are you alright?!!" Jongsuk asked. Woobin sneered and got up, whacking Jongsuk's helping hand.
 

"Follow me to the police department." The cop said as he helped Woobin, but Woobin convinced him he didn't need help so he limped beside Jongsuk, trailing behind the cop.
 

.....

 

"What did the boys who beat you up look like?" The police at the table asked as Woobin's wounds were rewrapped by an aid.
 

"They-"
 

"We couldn't see their faces. It was too dark." Jongsuk interjected Woobin.

Woobin didn't do anything but sit there and take deep breaths.
 

"Uhuh. I see. In that case, we cannot do anything at the moment. Please report this if it happens again. Thank you for your time and we will send an to take you home."
 

"We don't need an , sir."
 

"Why of course you do. You were just attacked, son."
 

"Sir-"
 

"Come these boys to their homes." The policeman said to one of his mates. The latter nodded and directed them out of the police station. Jongsuk bowed before leaving.
 

"What are your addresses?" He asked.
 

"We can take this kid home first." Woobin suggested, motioning to Jongsuk.
 

"Alright. What's your address?"
 

"I live with him." Jongsuk answered.
 

"What?" Woobin said, shocked.
 

"Alright then. What's your address."
 

"W-We don't live together." The policeman sighed.
 

"There are many other urgent matters to attend to, sir. Just give me your address, please."

 

Woobin sighed and glared at Jongsuk, who smiled innocently back.

Woobin told him the address after covering Jongsuk's ears then they were off. They walked there because the policeman said it wasn't far.

 

Once they got there, Woobin unlocked the door with his key. Jongsuk envied Woobin's house.

It was an average house but it was clean and sturdy. The colors were cool too, baby blue and navy blue.

Woobin opened the door and held it open for Jongsuk, squeezing his anger out on the knob, but faking a smile.

Jongsuk nodded and smiled at the policeman. He bowed then stepped in, Woobin shutting the door as softly as he could.
 

The policeman waited until both of them were inside then started back.
 

"What nice children. Who would want to beat them up."
 

"Why did you say that, ing Moron!!??" Woobin yelled. Jongsuk took his shoes off.
 

"Say what?"
 

"And why are you taking your shoes off?!" Woobin questioned.

He pointed to the door. "Now get out!!"

 

Just then, they hear a whimper. Woobin looks in the hallway and sees his pet bulldog strolling in.
 

"Sukkie. Don't-" The bulldog jumped on his unsuspecting victim. "Don't-"

Woobin froze when his bulldog started Jongsuk's face. Jongsuk was shouting and giggling as he fell to the floor. Woobin stood and watched, still unable to keep his eyes from closing.
 

"Woobin! Get-Get your-" Jongsuk's breath and words were shortened by the dog's tongue. "Stop!" He demanded. Woobin tore Sukkie off of Jongsuk.

His eyes darted from side to side until he walked to a separate room with Sukkie.
 

Jongsuk sat up and wiped his face.
 

"Aish. Slobber." He mumbled. Woobin shut his bedroom door and hurried to Jongsuk.

Jongsuk coughed as Woobin approached, covering him in germs. Woobin groaned and wiped his face with his sleeve.
 

"Go home." Woobin said, turning Jongsuk around.
 

"But-"
 

"Go." He shoved Jongsuk slightly.
 

"But-"
 

"Get out of here before I-"
 

"I don't have a home!" Jongsuk stated. Woobin stepped back and ruffled his own hair, clicking his tongue.
 

"Aish!" Jongsuk flinched as Woobin touched the corner of Jongsuk's lips with a thumb. He showed Jongsuk the blood then smeared it on his cheek. He patted Jongsuk's shoulder.
 

"Now go." Woobin said. He started for the hallway, leaving Jongsuk crestfallen.

Woobin ruffled his hair again before turning the doorknob to his bedroom. He stepped in.
 

"Go wash up, !" He shouted before slamming the door shut.

 

Jongsuk smiled widely and hurriedly dropped his backpack on the floor. He took his uniform coat off and folded it, placing it on the single couch. He went into the hallway and pushed open the only other door, beside to closet.

The bathroom was small and tidy. Jongsuk washed his face and cuts before staring at himself in the mirror.

He couldn't help but smile before turning and opening the door.

He ran into something warm and fabric.
 

"Aish. Do you always do this? Watch where you're going, kid." Woobin said, before pushing past Jongsuk and closing the door behind him.

Jongsuk stood outside the door.
 

"Yah!" Jongsuk heard Woobin through the door. "You can take a shower next! And you can sleep on the sofa!"

Jongsuk nodded and went to the living room.

He pulled out all his homework from that week and groaned.

He's never going to graduate now.

He'll be a dropout.
 

Jongsuk was trying to figure a math problem out when the bathroom door opened.

Woobin came out with hair stuck to his face. He motioned to the bathroom and went to his room.

Jongsuk got up then went to the bathroom. He started undressing when he noticed he had no towel.

He opened the door and was once again stopped by the face.
 

"Seriously." Woobin mumbled as he shoved a fresh towel and simple clothing in his hands before leaving. Jongsuk blew hot buns with his cheeks and shut the door.

When he stepped in the tub, cold struck from his foot. He immediately lifted his foot up and looked at the mirror. There was no steam anywhere on it.
 

"Did he take a shower in cold water?" Jongsuk asked himself.

Jongsuk turned the water on.

 

It was all the way to the peak of cold.
 

Maybe he doesn't have hot water?
 

He turned the knob to the warm side. He hesitantly placed a hand underneath the running water.
 

Warm.
 

He turned it even more.
 

Hot.
 

"Does he have a thing with cold water?" He asked himself. "Oh well. He's just straight up weird." Then he adjusted it to his liking and took a shower for the first time that month.
 

Once he was done, he changed into the clothes Woobin gave him and went out to the living room.

He settled down on the sofa and even though it was a little chilly, he was overjoyed that he could spend the night in a house.