Chap 3

Let's Go

The young school nurse was opening the door as they reached there. She heard their footsteps and glanced up to see Jongsuk.
 

"Hey, Jongsuk-ah. Why are you so early-AHH!" She exclaimed as she saw Woobin and hurriedly unlocked the door. "My goodness-my goodness! What happened?!" She asked as they entered. "Put him on the bench over there!" She ordered.

Jongsuk did as he was told and sat Woobin on the bench. Woobin managed to smack Jongsuk on the head weakly before groaning in pain.
 

"Aish." Jongsuk stressed. "Hurry, Noona!" He said.
 

"Put pressure on his wound!" She ordered. Jongsuk tried doing what he was told but Woobin kept slapping his hands away.
 

"Woobin! Stop it!" Jongsuk demanded, but Woobin didn't stop. "Woobin!"
 

"Don't. Touch. Me." He muttered weakly. Jongsuk groaned and continued applying pressure.
 

"Take his top off!" The nurse shouted from a different section of the room. Jongsuk groaned.

If only none of this involved touching.

He started ing Woobin's shirt but Woobin refused and covered the buttons with his huge hands.
 

"Kim Woobin! I swear! You'll die if you don't let me do this!" Jongsuk yelled.

Woobin's facials scrunched as he groaned in pain.

Jongsuk used this opportunity to grab Woobin's hands and pin them behind him. Woobin struggled to get free but Jongsuk held him down.

He bent down and started ing the buttons with his mouth, tasting metal.
 

"Don't. Touch. Me." Woobin growled weakly as he bucked his hips forward to prevent Jongsuk from ing any more.

Jongsuk was on his last button when the nurse finally showed up.

She let out a queazy breath and chuckle at the sight. It looked plain ridiculous but she wasn't about to ruin the serious atmosphere. She bit her lip to stifle her laughs.

Jongsuk finally got the last button and pulled his face away from danger. He tugged Woobin's shirt off forcibly before he left the nurse to do her job. His chest was heaving and his hands hurt from holding that muscle down.

He ruffled his hair with his bloodstained hands before looking back at them.
 

His eyes grew wide.
 

Woobin's whole back was burnt and scarred up from his waist up past his shoulder blades. Woobin took deep breaths as the nurse cleaned and wrapped his injury.

Jongsuk sat on the bed and leaned against the wall.
 

Jongsuk's eyes closed for what seemed like a second then they opened but at a bare area.

He looked around. He must have dozed off.

He peers around and is relieved to see the nurse with Woobin. Woobin was lying on the bed when the nurse turned around to see him.
 

"Oh. You're awake. Great!" She said as she walked over to the door. "I'm going to go get some breakfast. You boys really surprised me earlier. Woobin already told me what happened so see you, Jongsuk-ah."

She was about to step out the door but she came back. "Oh yeah. And don't let anyone in, alright? I'd get in big trouble."

Then she was gone.

Jongsuk made his way to Woobin's bed. Woobin groaned as he approached.
 

"What?" Woobin questioned. Jongsuk didn't look at him and reached for something on the side table.

He handed Woobin a pack of crackers.
 

"Cracker?" Woobin groaned again and Jongsuk put it back.
 

"I'm sorry."
 

"For what? For getting me cut, making me drop my uniform, or saving you?"
 

"Umm. Well..." Jongsuk said, making Woobin scoff.
 

"It's always that. You have no answer for anything." Woobin said. Jongsuk looked down at the floor, discouraged. "And don't touch me ever again, alright?"
 

"Why?" Jongsuk questioned. Woobin loosened his jaw.
 

"Why?" Woobin repeated. Jongsuk nodded. "It's because I hate it." Jongsuk looked at Woobin. "I hate it how people hold me back. I hate it. I hate it!" Woobin pounded the bed with a clenched fist.

Jongsuk took a daring step closer to Woobin's side.
 

"Why do you hate it?" Jongsuk asked.
 

"Shut up." Woobin said. Then the room became cold.

Weird.

Jongsuk's never felt cold with Woobin. They were always heated from arguing or being bothered by Taekwoon.
 

"Umm. May I ask why you have a scar on your back?" Jongsuk asked. Woobin sighed and covered himself from shoulder to toe.

Just then, the door slammed open. A head popped in. It scanned the room.
 

"Yah! Sukkie! Where's Nurse?" Nickhun asked. Jongsuk pursed his lips.
 

"Out getting breakfast."
 

"Ah. Yes. Of course." He said, bobbing his head. "Okay then, bye-!" He squinted to see the person on the bed and smirked.

"Wow. That makes our job too easy now." Nickhun said to himself but loud enough for the others to hear it too. Jongsuk's mouth hung open as he looked to Woobin. "Alright! Bye, Sukkie! Binnie!"

The door shut then there was a silence of what the heck just happened. Woobin broke the silence.
 

"Jongsuk."
 

"What?" Jongsuk asked happily. It was the first time Woobin actually spoke his name.
 

"Why didn't you block me?"
 

"What? Block you? Like I had the calm nerve to? I was busy shaking!" Woobin sighed.
 

"Aish. Fine. Go buy me another uniform for repayment."
 

"What?! It costs so much!"
 

"Go now! This was your fault anyway! I dropped my uniform to save you! And I got hurt because of you!"
 

"Okay, fine!" Jongsuk said, finally giving in and started for the door.
 

He used all the money he had to buy the new uniform. He folded it neatly and put it in his backpack. Then he went back to the nurse's office.
 

"Okay. I bought your-Woobin?" He looked at the empty bed. "Aish. Why does he do this." He muttered through clenched teeth. He turned out the door and walked to the exit of the school.

He sees Taekwoon and his group in front of him but continues walking through them. He walks past them without halt, throwing them off guard.
 

"Yah, Jongsuk." Jongsuk stopped and sighed as hands grabbed his uniform. "I think it's time we had a little chat. Huh?"

Taekwoon started walking to the school building.
 

"Follow me." Taekwoon said. Jongsuk groaned as he turned and walked beside Hyunwoo and Nickhun, Junhyung right behind him.

They approach the restroom and walk in.

Everyone froze, even Jongsuk.

Woobin smirked and clenched his fist in the water.

Jongsuk pushed past them and got to Woobin's side, Woobin groaning.
 

"Woobin." Taekwoon said nastily. "Heard you had a little oo." He inspected Woobin's wrapping. "Ha. It's a big oo."

Taekwoon looked to Jongsuk, just now noticing the blood on his hands and lips.

"Did that kid beat you?" He said teasingly, then his face darkened again. "Starting something wasn't a good idea, was it?"

Woobin smacked Jongsuk so he'd get out of the way as he made his way to Taekwoon.

He put his hand over Taekwoon's head and let the water drip onto his hair.
 

"I admit my wound is going to lower my abilities but nothing will lower me to your level." Woobin stated. Taekwoon adjusted his jaw.
 

"Still got big words-" Woobin bumped into Taekwoon-intercepting his sentence-and walked out the door.

Taekwoon held his arm out to block his friends.
 

"No. The cameras will catch us for sure. Have patience. He won't be in school everyday." Taekwoon said. They turned around. "And Lee Jongsuk-"

Jongsuk darted past them and after Woobin.
 

"Woobin! Woobin, wait!" Jongsuk called. Woobin walked out the school's gate. "Where are you going? School's not over! It hasn't even started!"

Woobin halted then turned around right as Jongsuk approached. Jongsuk stopped and sighed.
 

"Why did you do that to him? Was dripping water on his head-"
 

"Come closer."
 

"Eh? Why?" Jongsuk questioned, surprised. Jongsuk did so, making a wrong move.

Woobin punched him so hard in the face, he fell to the ground.

Or maybe he was just too weak to stand.

Jongsuk put a hand to the side of his face and groaned in pain. His facials scrunched together and he squeezed his eyes shut.

He's never been punched so hard in his life. And that's hard to do especially when he gets beat up so much. He opened his eyes to see nothing but a street light post.

Woobin disappeared.
 

"Aish." Jongsuk punched the cement.
 

"Yah-yah, Lee Jongsuk."

 

Jongsuk clenched his teeth.
 

"Aish. Why now? That hurt~." He mumbled to himself. Taekwoon stepped on his shoulder and put him on his back.
 

"Where's my money? This was your last chance, big lips." Jongsuk sighed.

 

After making Jongsuk use all his get-away money, Woobin punches him and leaves.
 

"Aish. I used it."
 

"What?" Taekwoon said, putting pressure on Jongsuk's shoulder. "What did you use my money on?"
 

"Ugh. Something." Jongsuk said simply. Taekwoon stomped on his shoulder.
 

"Bring that something tomorrow and give it to me. It's mine now." Then he raised his foot and kicked Jongsuk in the side before walking off. Each one of his group members kicked him before leaving.
 

"Bye, Sukkie!"
 

"Aish." Jongsuk messed up his hair and massaged his shoulder. "My body's already in enough pain." He groaned.

He looked at his bloodstained hands and sighed. He got up and headed to the bathroom to wash all the blood visible.
 

Woobin didn't show up the next day. And the next.

Jongsuk was trying his best to dodge the bullies so he wouldn't have to give Woobin's uniform to them.

Jongsuk even dared jump off the roof again and got Woobin's name tag. The uniform was no good because it had fallen in the food Woobin dumped the other day.

Almost a week had past and Jongsuk was starting to worry.
 

Jongsuk raised his hand in science class.
 

"Yes, Mr. Lee?"
 

"Umm. Do you know where Woobin is?" The class became loud.
 

"Kim Woobin? I think he died."
 

"How does Jongsuk know him?"
 

"There's no way he's friends with him though. Woobin is too cool."
 

The science teacher cleared .
 

"Um. He's been injured. I'm not sure how badly but it's his business and he's having it taken care of at the moment."
 

"Where does he live?" The whole class went silent. Jongsuk scratched the back of his head. "Well...I was just curious. That's all."
 

"Are you stalking him? What a creep!"
 

"Silence! We will not call our classmates names!" The teacher demanded. She gave her attention back to Jongsuk. "I'm sorry, Mr. Lee. That information cannot be leaked to anyone but staff members and the president of the class." Jongsuk nodded and tuned everyone out again.
 

Jongsuk was rushing out the front gates when the bullies from class 4 finally caught up to him.
 

"Yah. Lee Jongsuk." Jongsuk whistled and turned away but was pulled back. "Where have you been? We were worried sick about you." Taekwoon said, ruffling his hair.
 

"Well..."
 

"Give me my something and I'll let you go safely." Taekwoon suggested, obviously lying.

Jongsuk has heard that too many times. He bent down and opened his backpack then pulled out the uniform.

He hung his head and handed it to Taekwoon.
 

"Aish. This kid used my money on a useless uniform? Seriously." He clenched onto the uniform. "What should we do with him-"

Taekwoon cut himself short as a hand grabbed his wrist.
 

"Woobin!" Jongsuk said, relieved. Taekwoon sneered.
 

"Woobin."
 

"That's mine." woobin said. He jerked Taekwoon's hand away from the clothing, making him tumble backward into his group.

Woobin grabbed his uniform and turned back to Taekwoon, who was enraged.
 

"I'll see you tomorrow then." Woobin said. Then he turned to Jongsuk. "Let's go." He said.

Jongsuk grabbed his backpack and followed Woobin to the restroom.

 

Woobin looked at the shirt size then shoved it back into Jongsuk's arms.
 

"Do you think I'm that tiny?" He muttered before switching the faucet on and washing his face. Jongsuk looked at the size and was shocked.
 

Did Woobin grow over the last week or did he pick the wrong size?
 

"Shut up. I didn't grow. You picked the wrong size, idiot." Woobin said before Jongsuk had any thoughts. Jongsuk sighed and hurried out the door.
 

"Wait here!" Jongsuk shouted back. Woobin sneered.
 

"Like I have anywhere else to go."
 

It took Jongsuk a matter of ten minutes before he exchanged it and got back. He was literally sprinting down the halls to get back before he was ditched again.
 

"Woobin!" Jongsuk called as he pushed open the door and to his surprise and relief, Woobin was looking at him through the mirror. Woobin walked up to him and snatched the uniform before going into a stall.

Jongsuk sighed and leaned on the counter, getting the back of his uniform wet.
 

"Aish. He makes such a mess." Jongsuk grumbled to himself as he brushed his shirt off.

The image of Woobin's back suddenly flashed in his mind.
 

"Yah, Woobin!"
 

"Hn?"
 

Jongsuk drew in a breath.
 

"What happened to your back?" He asked in one breath.

There was no answer, leaving Jongsuk no choice.
 

"Well...I just wanted to know because...I...I would have had a scar just like that."

Jongsuk's breath shook.

"A long time ago in elementary school I umm. There was a fire and I got caught but my best friend back then, he sacrificed himself for me. I don't remember his name and I'm very ashamed of that. But my parents said he moved far away and that we would never see each other again."

Jongsuk looked at himself in the mirror.

"I just want to thank him. That's all I want to do, then he can disappear for all eternity and I wouldn't care."

Woobin opened the stall and fixed his collar in the mirror. Jongsuk smiled and searched through his backpack for something.

Once he found it, he pulled it out and handed it to Woobin.
 

"Here. I went and got this." Woobin accepted his golden name tag and pinned it on his new uniform. He turned and went out the door.
 

"Yah. Wait." Jongsuk said as he zipped his backpack and put it over his shoulder before running out after Woobin.

Woobin was already going down the stairs.
 

"Woobin, wait-AH!" Jongsuk tripped and fell forward. Woobin was about to catch him with a hand when Jongsuk's fall was broken.

The P.E. teacher caught Jongsuk and his eyes raged once he saw Woobin standing right beside Jongsuk. He looked at Jongsuk's face and saw a bruise on the right side of his face.
 

"Kim Woobin." He looked to Woobin. "Don't think I don't know who you are, troublemaker! Get into the office now!"

Woobin groaned and clenched his teeth, glaring at Jongsuk.

Jongsuk gave him an apologetic look then the next thing they knew, they were already in the teachers' office.

They were being interrogated at the table by their vice principal.
 

"Lee Jongsuk. You're the victim, right? Tell me what happened." The vice principal said. Jongsuk held out jazz hands and waved them.
 

"Nothing happened. I tripped, that's all." Jongsuk said. Woobin looked away as the vice principal peeked at him.
 

"Tell me the truth. You don't have to say what Kim Woobin told you to say."
 

"Eh?" Jongsuk was in disbelief. "Honestly! He didn't do anything. I just tripped." He tried again. The principal groaned then sat rubbing his studded chin for a moment.
 

"Alright. You two go home now. We'll let this go since Mr. Lee here said it was an accident."

Woobin got up.

"Yah. Don't cause any trouble, alright?"

Woobin nodded and bowed slightly before walking off. Jonsuk stood in a hurry and bowed as well before following Woobin.
 

"Woobin-!"
 

"Don't follow me anymore! Pretend you don't know me and stop being such a burden!" Woobin exploded, leaving Jongsuk speechless. Woobin sighed and walked off.

Jongsuk stood idle with his head hanging.
 

"I'm sorry." He muttered. He dug his foot into the floor and in his lips.

He walked to his house and tried the knob again, expecting it to be locked.

It opened.