Chapter 6

I'll Never Leave You

Mark looked at me but I looked away. As much as I wanted to tell him, I couldn’t. I didn’t know what to say.

 

“Um… I guess we should go to sleep, it’s getting late… I’ll go in first, goodnight.”

 

I wanted to stop him before he walked back into the room but I just couldn’t get my self to do it.

 

Oh Soo Mi, babo! You’re so stupid. Why didn’t you tell him?

 

 

A few days later back at school

 

Coming back from the theme park on the weekends, we just had normal days of school again. We were being our usual selves, hanging around each other while being stupid. Even Mark was usual, which was kind of weird to me. I didn’t expect him to be sad or anything, I just felt like Mark didn't care. Maybe he really didn’t. After the sort conversation the other night, it almost felt like nothing happened, well at least he took it like nothing happen. He was still the usual him and took care of everyone, he didn’t ever ask me about who I liked or anything like that. 

 

 

Mark’s POV

 

I may seem okay but to be honest, I’m not. I wanted to stay but her side and protect her but I’m not the one he needs. Maybe I’m just making it harder for her. I don’t even know anymore, I didn’t know what was right, I was confused myself too.

 

-- --

 

At Jeno’s house

 

“…Can’t you do that for me?”

 

“Hyung…”

 

“Can't you take care of her for me? That's all I need... and I can't do that?”

 

“But Hyung…”

 

-- --

 

Your POV

 

It was Friday which meant that it has almost been a week since our trip to the theme park, and yet Mark hasn’t made a decent conversation with me. Well yea, we do talk but they conversations never seemed to last long, they always got awkward. He acts like he doesn't care at all, but then again why did he ask me in the first place? Jeno and I are quite close now, unlike before, he talks to me a lot more. I like it because he wasn’t shy anymore and how he would make silly jokes while we were eating to make us spit out food out. You see, he's atchully a more lovable person if you get to know him.

School had ended but the others had to stay at school for some project so I was walking back home with Jeno.

 

 

 

“Soo Mi ah…” Jeno nervously asked.

 

“Mm?”

 

“Are you free tomorrow?”

 

“Huh? Yea, sure why?”

 

He cleared his throat “Um… Would y-you like to go out with m-me? Like a d-d-dat-e?”

 

For a moment I thought I didn’t hear correctly because it didn’t seem like a question that Jeno would ask me nor did it seem like he would want me to go out with him, but when I saw him blush, I realised that maybe I did hear correctly.

 

“W-what…?” I nervously asked back. My hands started sweating, I didn’t know how to reply.

 

“Y-you see, it’s been quite a while I wanted to ask you but I just never had the chance?” 

 

There was a moment of silence before he continued.


“I-I kind… kinda li-like you… It’s been a while now but… I didn’t know how to tell you…”

 

I suddenly realised why he was always shy and careful around me. I finally realised why he always seemed to have things to tell me but always stopped himself before doing so.

 

I really didn’t want to reject him. It took him so much courage to tell me and if I just suddenly bashed up all his confidence…

 

“I-it’s okay, you don’t have to give me a reply now… If you don’t mind, we can go out tomorrow and you can give me an answer after?” 

 

I nodded my head in agreement. Maybe that was a better idea for now. Maybe I could try, I could try to understand his heart a little? I always wanted to, it’s just that he was so shy around me I didn’t know how to.

 

 

The day of the date

 

I walked out of my estate and saw a boy kicking his feet while waiting patiently on a bench beside.

 

“Morning” I walked up to him a greeted him with a smile.

 

“Annyeong Soo Mi~” Jeno replied with a happy tone.

 

Was it just me or was he extra happy? I could almost see sparkles from his eyes.

 

“Where are we going?” I asked.

 

“Hmm… Where do you want to go?”

 

“I don’t really mind… You can choose”

 

“But you’re the girl, so I should let you choose”

 

I gave him a awkward smile, “Aniyo, it’s really okay, I’m fine with everything”

 

“Um… then should we go to a park?” I nodded to his suggestion.

 

 

At the park

 

It was pretty awkward at first but as time went by we started to get a lot more comfortable around each other.

 

There was a part of the park where there were water fountains that sprayed a long to the music in various patterns. I wasn’t aware of them at first and got tricked by Jeno when he pushed me into one just as it was spraying.

 

“Yah~ Waeeeeee~” I screamed when the sudden coldness hit me..

 

I pushed him slightly backward causing him to react the same way as I did when the water hit me.

 

“Soo Mi! How dare you~” He playfully smirked at me while I stuck my tongue out back at him.

 

“You did it to me first”

 

“Hmmm~ Let’s see about that” He splash me again when water came out of another water fountain. 

 

“It’s cold!!” I spashed him back.

 

“Yah! Hajima!” He screamed.

 

“Says you~” I was just about to splash him again when he came over to me and hugged me.

 

For a slight moment I had no idea what he had just did. It was weird though, because his body was warm and his clothes were cold because of the water.

 

“Jen-o, what are you d-doing?”

 

“M-mian…” he quickly moved his arms behind his back. “I wasn’t really thinking…”

 

“It’s okay… It was just a little cold?” I tried to make it sound as if I didn’t really mind, well I really didn’t it was just a little awkward and sudden.

 

“Right… Um, we should go eat now shouldn't we?”

 

“Yea” I smiled at him.

 

 

We finished lunch off quite quickly. There wasn’t much talking, it was mostly awkward stares and a few occasional jokes and laughs. We were on our way out of the ice cream shop after desert when Jeno stopped walking and looked at me.

 

“Let’s stop our date here today” He gave me a nervous smile.

 

“J-jeno…” 

 

He looked down, like he didn’t want to face me anymore.

 

“Mianhae…” I tired to start off but I didn’t really know where to start.

 

“It’s okay… I knew it was going to turn out like this.”

 

What does he mean? I gave him a confused look.

 

“Soo Mi ah~ The person you like isn’t me, it’s Mark hyung right?”

 

I froze. How…

 

“H-h-how did you…”

He cut me off “I just do… I’ve sort of worked it out by now. The way you look at him. The way you look at the rest of us. It’s just different.”

 

“M-m-mianhae Jeno ah…”

 

“No, I should be the one’s so sorry for telling you so late.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“S-soo Mi ah…” He trialed off. He looked like he didn’t know what to say yet had lots of things to say at the same time.

 

“M-mark hyung… He’s leaving.”

 

Everything seemed to have stopped at that moment. Thousands of questions where rushing through my mind. What was Jeno saying? What does he mean? Leaving? Leaving where?

 

“Mark hyung is going back to Canada to continue on his studies… Today…” Today? Now? What on earth was going on?! 

 

He looked at me, waiting for me to react. But I couldn’t. I really couldn’t. I didn’t know how to react. I suddenly felt betrayed, I felt like Mark didn’t even care about me anymore. How could he not tell me that he was leaving? I felt tears forming in my eyes, I was about to cry.

 

Jeno understood what as happening and looked at his watch.

 

“Oh Soo Mi, you still have time. Go now. Go to the airport now. Go to the airport and find Mark hyung. Tell him…” 

 

Tell him what? I didn’t have anything to tell Mark. He’s leaving me. He said he’d never leave me. He was the one who brought me back to friends and he said that he would never give me false hope but what was this now. He’s leaving me, back to being alone.

 

I felt someone grab my arm. Jeno dragged me into a taxi.

 

“Incheon Airport please ajjussi” Jeno told the taxi driver who replied him with a nod before he closed the door.

 

 

“Miss?” I snapped back to reality and realised I’d been sitting into my own thoughts for the past ride. I handed the taxi driver some money before running into the airport.

 

I ran all around the airport. Shop pass shop. Restaurant after restaurant. Mark was nowhere to be seen. 

 

I passed an area where lots of people were when I saw a familiar face. Mark. I was out of breathe. I wanted to stop. I really wanted to stop, but I couldn’t. I was already at the airport so what’s the point of stopping now? I wanted to see him. I really want to see him. I wanted to hate him, but I couldn’t.

 

I stopped right in front of him, out of breath, tears in my eyes.

 

He looked up. Shocked.

 

“O-o-oh Soo M-m-i…”

 

I couldn’t say anything. I felt like I was going to explode in tears any moment now.

 

“H-how did you find me here?” 

 

“J-e-n-o t-o-l-d m-“ I couldn’t even finish off my answer.

 

He looked at me with widen eyes. It was then, I broke down. I couldn’t hold my tears for any longer.  If I could have chose, I would have pretended not to have cared about him leaving but I couldn’t.

 

“Wae? Why didn’t you tell me? Why didn’t you tell me you where leaving?” Where do you think you’re going without telling me first? Who am I to you? You said that you weren’t going to leave me! You said that you were going to stay by my side! I trusted you so much, I trusted you with your words, I trusted you unlike I ever trusted anyone else. Why? If you were going to leave me why did you stay by my side? Why did you make me fall for you?!”

 

I suddenly felt a warm body pressed against me. I felt a hand on my head, while another hand was my back gently.

 

“Say that again. Oh Soo Mi, say what you just said again.”

 

I shook my head. “There’s no point anymore” I tried to push him away but he only hugged me tighter.

 

“Mianhae, for everything” He kissed me on the forhead. He pulled away slightly and looked at my face while trying to wipe my tears away. “Don’t cry, it hurts me more to see you cry than for you to cry over something you got hurt over.” 

 

“Why? Why do you care?” I tried to move out of his grip once again.

 

“Because I love you.” He said looking at me before pulling me back into a hug.

 

“Me making you fall for me? More like you making me fall for you. I liked you before you even wanted to know me. I liked you ever since the first time I saw you on the day I saw you getting bullied by the other girls. I liked you even more when you had trusted me and told me your story. I liked you even even more when you started opening your heart again and letting others into your life. I didn’t even know when I started loving you but I did. I just did, more than you can ever imagine.”

 

I was speechless. The more I wanted to hate him the more I wanted to love him. What was this Mark guy doing to me. How could he do this to me? How could I be so mad at him yet wanting to forgive him so easily?

 

“W-why are you leaving then? W-hy didn’t you tell me?” I cried to say but my cries kept getting in the way.

 

“My parents thought that it would be better if I went back to Canada and I wanted to tell you but… I didn’t know how to…”

 

I gripped on Mark tighter. I really didn’t want him to leave. He couldn’t just leave like this after what he’s done to me.

 

“D-don’t go…”

 

He pulled away from the hug and looked at me, for a moment I was really scared. He couldn't just leave me now, I didn’t want him to let go.

 

“I won’t. I won’t. I’ll stay. Didn’t I say that I’ll never leave you?”

 

I managed to give a faint smiled and brushed all my tears away. I buried my face in his chest.

“Hpmh. Still. You were going to, I shouldn’t have trusted you!” I shook my head about to let go but only for him to hold on to me.

 

“Come on, let’s go” He grabbed my hand and grabbed his luggage in the other while we headed out of the airport.

 

<< Authors Note >>

So this was the last chapter! I hope you guys enjoyed this fanfic even though it was a really sort one!
Actually, I have a longer version of this story where it focuses on the other boys and gives more interactions between the two main characters (how they got closer) but I wasn't really sure wether you guys wanted to read that one. Let me know if you guys want to read the other version! ^^

I have another idea for a different story right now but I'm not sure who the boy character should be...Would you guys like it to be another short smrookies fanfic or someone else from a different boy group? Please tell me your opions in the comments!

Once again thanks so much for your support and we hope you liked this story! You can always give us suggestions and things that we could improve on!

Komawo! ^^