Chapter 3

I'll Never Leave You

Your POV

 

It was a Sunday and my parents were out, so I decide to stay at home and have some rest. It was a pretty tiring week, I mean it was enjoyable but it’s still tiring. I’ve became really close to Ji Sung. He’s a really outgoing person and his peronsality is really cute and bubbly, it makes it easy for me to approach him as he’s always the one who talks to me first. Unlike Jeno, he’s really shy, well towards me at least, so I guess we are friends but I’m not as close to him as to the others. Dong Hyuk and Jae Min? I suppose they joke a lot which makes the fun because they usually start the conversations and add the most stupid jokes. I really like my friends. They make me feel comfortable and I feel like at least theres some people who still want me. 

 

I was just about to take a nap when my phone vibrated. 

 

Mark: Soo Mi ah~ I’m outside of your house. If you’re in, would you mind coming and opening the door for me? I’ll be waiting~

 

Oh my god. He’s outside? He’s outside of my house? My HOUSE? I didn’t want to keep him waiting so I quickly checked my face in the mirror before I went to get the door.

 

I opened the door slightly just to check if it was him before opening it fully. I peeked my head through the gab and saw him. Why? Out of all the days why did he choose to come now when I wasn’t prepared or anything. He looked at me and put his face closer to me. 

 

“Omg, did I come to the wrong house? Are you sure you’re Oh Soo Mi?” I looked at him confused. Why would he think I wasn’t Soo Mi… he was the one to texted me first and plus he knows where my house is. I wasn’t until what he said next which made me realise why. “Daebak~ You’re even prettier like this…” Contacts. I just remembered I wasn’t were my glasses and I was wearing contacts instead. Ugh~ I’m so stupid!! I should have taken them out before I opened the door!

 

Trying to change the subject I asked him to come into my house. I took him over to the couch and told him to sit down. “Did you eat yet? Or do you want anything to drink?” 

“Um, water?” He gave me a simple reply.

Since he was a guess, and it was pretty awkward I wanted to make something that took a longer time to make so I gave him some other choices.

“Do you like chocolate? I-i can make a chocolate drink if you like…”

“Are you sure? I don’t wanna create too much trouble”

“Mmm it’s okay, I’ll just make you a chocolate then”

 

I walked quickly into the kitchen. I started making the chocolate. I cut myself when opened the milk carton.

 

 

Mark’s POV

 

“Ah!~” I heard a small scream from the kitchen and I quickly rushed inside to see what happened. What if she's hurt? What if something happened? I ran towards here seeing some blood on her hand. “Oh my god! Are you okay? Where’s the bandaids?” She just continued looking at her finger and just by looking at her face I knew she was trying to keep in the pain so I looked for the bandaids my self. I looked on the small selves on the sides and found a small box full of bandaids and cotton wools. I quickly used the cotton wools and the put some water on it to wipe the blood of her finger.

 

 

Your POV

 

I didn’t expect him to come rushing over to help me, because if I did I wouldn't have let myself scream. He started blowing my finger making sure it was dry and stuck the bandaid around my finger. He looked at me really conceded. 

“I told you to do something simple! Why do you always keep on hurting yourself?!” He sounded almost as if he was screaming at me.

“I-I’m sorry…” He started off and I looked at him confused.

“I’m sorry for screaming at you, I know I over reacted but it’s because I didn’t want you to get hurt” I smiled at him, “It’s okay, I know you were just worried, I’m sorry for making you worry, I won’t do it again, here you go” I handed him the drink. 

“Thanks” he said while scratching the back of his head.

 

We headed out back into the living room. We sat down on the sofa about a half a meter apart. It was kind of awkward for us to sit together after that happened.
“I’m sorry. I’m really really sorry…”
“It’s okay. It’s really okay, I’m fine. I know you’re just worried that I’m going to get hurt…” I said as I smiled at him.

He smiled back at me “Good, does it still hurt?” He moved closer towards me and soon we were sitting next to each other. “Don’t get hurt from now on, or it will make me feel like I didn't protect you well enough.” I nodded. Somehow his words made me really happy. It made me feel well protected. 

 

“Why don’t you were contacts to school? Although you’re pretty with your glasses too, you look even prettier without them.” I choked on my drink when he mentioned the pretty and you. I don’t think those to words go well together.
“Sorry! Are you okay?” He put my cup on the table and patted my back.
I coughed a few times and told him I’m okay. “U-um… because… I don’t know. To be honest, you’re the first one other than my family to see me not wearing g-glasses…”
“But why~~ you should just wear you’re contacts to school, it makes you more pretty” he smiled at me.

“I-i guess I could…” I’ve never been bothered about how other people would say about my appearance so that’s probably why it didn’t matter to be wether I was pretty at school or not.  

He smiled at me and pinched me in the cheeks. “Yah~ What was that for?” I slapped him lightly playfully.
“You’re cute~” His sudden words made me feel shy.
“Omo~ you’re blushing, hehe” Now that just made it even worse. I slapped him once more before looking away. 

“You’re even cuter when you blush and look away~” His voice sounded almost as if he was trying aegyo on me.

I looked down and tried to cover up my red cheeks. “Aigoo, so cute…” He wouldn't stop teasing me and continued so say things that made me more embarrassed.
“Stop hiding~ I already know that you’re blushing” Mark said as he used his hand to move my face facing him.

By now my face is probably so red that it I probably looked like some tomato. I moved out of his grip and hit him on the leg.

 

 

Mark’s POV

 

“Yah~ stop~ stop hitting me~~” I said to her as she looked away. Suddenly I had an idea. I started to tickle her in the hips. She moved a little and started to giggle. I started to tickle her on both sides so that she couldn't move.
“S-ssss-ss-st-o” She tried to say but couldn’t because she kept laughing. I kept tickling her, her whole face was red from laughing. I like it when she’s laughing, it makes me want to smile. She has a really bright smile and a very cute laugh. I’m so glad that I became her friend and she let me approach her or else she might still be bullied at school and that quiet girl who walked away from me. People these days don’t bully her because she's hanging out with us and no one at school would dare to mess with us.

 

 

Your POV

 

“D-don’t~~ I’m rea-lly- t-tickli-sh” It took me forever just to say that, why can’t he stop? I’m going to die from laughing if he doesn’t. To catch my breath, I tried to save myself by pushing him. Which then caused him to slip. Luckily he used his hands quickly to regain his balance or he would have kissed me. He was right on top of me, our faces were less than 5cm apart. The next few moments were super awkward,  we just stayed shocked in that position starring at each other. It took us both a while to process what just happened and he got off of me and sat up straight facing the television. As he got up, I got up as well and he seemed to have scooted future away.

 

He coughed a few times as we both looked away into the distance. I could tell that Mark was just about to talk because he moved a little but at the same time my phone started to ring.

 

“Ji Sung” I looked at my phone and recognised the person who was calling me. But why now… out of all the moments he could have called me, why now? Why was it when I was with Mark? Mark looked at my confused as I wasn’t answering the phone. I looked at him once more before swiping the button across the cold screen of my phone.

 

 

Mark’s POV

“Oh~ Ji Sung ah?” Soo Mi answered the phone. Oh, so it was from Ji Sung. To be honest, I am a little jealous that she got close to Ji Sung so quickly and yet she's still a little awkward around me. I know that Ji Sung doesn’t like her as a crush and only see’s her as a noona but it still annoys me since they’re so close and it makes me feel like I can’t do anything for her.

 

“N-n-now?! M-my house?” We both looked at each other as she loudly back at the phone. I think that’s the loudest I’ve heard her before. She must have been really shocked…

 

“U-um mianhae Ji Sung ah~ I’m a little busy right now I don’t think I can today…”

 

“Mmm~ Okay, then I’ll see you tomorrow at school” she switched the call off as she looked at me.

 

“Why didn’t you let him come? You’re not busy…” I tried to make it sound like I wasn’t jealous at all even thought I was super jealous. I mean they’ve only known each other for a few days and their so close already and then there’s me and here. I guess we are close and she trusts me but I don’ think she's as comfortable with me that Ji Sung.

 

“W-ell, you’re over so why would I get him to come as well?” Her reply made me happy. I’m not sure what she meant but for some reason I felt like she was trying to give me an excuse to be with me alone.

 

That left us in a quiet situation for a few minutes.

 

“Do you want to watch a movie? I’ve got many discs in that draw that I haven’t watched before” She trailed off as she pointed towards a draw underneath the television. Reacting quick, I walked over and opened the drawer. I scanned through a movie but I stopped as three words caught my eyes. It read I Love You. I picked the case and looked at the back. You’re just a friend, no, not anymore. You were a friend, but now you’re my crush. Is it wrong to love your best friend?


<< Author's Note >>

I'm sorry this is a shorter update. We're getting our school holidays for the Chinese New Year in about 2-3 weeks so these few weeks we've gotton a lot of assesments and projects. I didn't get much time to write :( Hopefully I can finished wiriting Chapter 4 tonight or tomorrow night and upload it next week :)

Komawo for all the support! ^^