Chapter 2

I'll Never Leave You

Your POV

 

“This one.” He pointed at my chest. Suddenly I felt super nervous and my heart started to beat really quickly. “There’s a lot of wounds in your heart isn't there?” As he pulled his face away and started to pack up the medical box I started to calm down a little. He came back and sat down next to me again. Silence.

 

“From now on don’t walk away from me… aren’t we friends?” “F-f-friends…???” I asked curiously, since when did I agree to be his friend? “Mhmm~ we are friends now, I mean don’t you feel better when you’ve told me everything? Trust me, it’s not as lonely if you have friends.” There was more silence as he waited for me to reply but I couldn’t say anything. “Can’t you just try? Try being my friend, I promise I won’t leave you like other people may have done.” I could see that he meant what he said so I nodded slowly. “Okay~ good~ then I here declare that Mark Lee and Oh Soo Mi are now good friends!” I smiled back, for some reason I liked it when he said our names together. Wait what? Did I just say that I liked our names together? What kind of nonsense am I saying? I shook off all the thoughts and stood up. “I-i-i should l-leave now… I’m getting in your way…” “No you’re not, my friends never get in my way” he smiled. He looked out the window, “but I guess you’re right, it’s going to get dark soon so you better head home.” As I picked my bag up from the floor he went to get his keys, “Let’s go!~” “Huh…? I can go home alone” “No, I’m not letting you go home alone when it’s getting dark…” I tried to convince him but he insisted on taking me home.

 

The walk back to my house was very quiet, I guess I was too shy to talk and he was just busying looking around. When we arrived at my house I smiled at him lightly, “Thanks…” He returned my smile “It’s alright, I’ll see you at school tomorrow okay?” I nodded and said thanks again before he left. Just as I was about to go in the house he pulled my arm back. “Give me your phone.” As if I could just trust him I handed him over my phone without thinking. He pressed a few buttons and I heard a ringtone. “Yes~ Now I’ve got your phone number and you have mine” he handed back me my phone. He smile brightly before he gave me hand gestures telling me to go. I smiled once more before I closed the door.

 

 

Next day at school

 

As I was walking up the stairs, someone grabbed my arm and turned me around. Mark. “I have to introduce you to my friends, come down with my for a moment” He lend me to the basket ball court.

 

I saw four other guys just standing there starring at me. I started to get really nervous because of the sudden eyes that were looking at me. Although because it was early in the morning and there weren’t many people at the school yet, these four boys were enough to make me feel nervous. I walked closer to them following Mark who was in front of me.

 

“Omo~ shes younger than us?” ones of the boys said. “Mhmm~ she's younger than all of us, well except Ji Sung” Mark said while pointing at a short child, I’m guessing he was Ji Sung. “This is Jeno” he said pointing to a boy who smiled at me and I almost melted because he had the best eye smile I have seen so far in my life. He moved on pointing to a boy with rather light coloured hair shaped like a mushroom, “This is Dong Hyuk~” I nodded as he continued “and last but not least, Jae Min” all I could say that this Jae Min guy had really cute big eyes. “These are my best friends” they all greeted me with warm smiles which made me feel really comfortable. I could feel mark place his hands on my shoulder and pushing me a little forward so I was in the middle of all of them. “Your turn” he simplify replied while smirking. “U-umm, Umm, my name is O-oh Soo Mi… Nice to meet all of you…” I started off awkwardly.

 

 

Mark’s POV

 

I saw Soo Mi struggling a bit so I decide to help her a little, “Mhmm~ Soo Mi is younger than most of us, I’m sorry Ji Sung, but it looks like your still the maknae hehe, anyway you guys will treat her well right?” Ji Sung made a small pout “ah hyung~ if you’re going to bring a girl you should bring one that’s younger than me so that I could feel like an oppa!” They all laughed a little, even Soo Mi. I never knew that she had she a cute laugh. She should seriously smile and laugh a little more. “So from now on you’re going to hangout with us right? righhhhht?” Dong Hyuk said smirking a little. “YAH! Are you trying to flirt with her now?” Jae Min teased Dong Hyuk back. I could see a small smile on her face which made glad that she's happy with the new friends I’ve brought her. “Yes, the only option she's got now is to hangout with us~” I said whiel she looked at me with a glare. 

 

 

Your POV

 

I glared at mark, why does he always say the weirdest things? “I won’t be a burden to any of you right…?” “Of course you will noona, because you’re a noona and I wanted a dongsaeng.” Ji Sung joked around followed by a laugh. “Yah~ don’t say things like that to her, she's really sensitive and she’s been through a lot okay?” Mark said as if he was scolding Ji Sung. Suddenly all of their eyes widened. “You’ve been through a lot?” “Omo I wonder what’s happened” “Don’t ask, you don’t need to know, since it’s the past let’s forget it and bring her a new start okay?” All of them nodded as if Mark was the daddy and they were his children obeying him.

 

As I was walking to the cafeteria, Ji Sung catched up to me. “Noooooooona~” “Neeeeeee?” we bought laughed at our childishness. For some reason I felt really comfortable around Ji Sung, even though i’ve known him for less than a day, I felt like i’ve known him for all of my life like he was my brother or something. Maybe because it was cause he was younger than me I felt like I needed to take care of him and make sure he’s happy. “Hehe, I’m sooooooo hungry noona, let’s so eat!” I nodded to reply him and we entered the cafeteria together.

 

Ji Sung lead me to a table where the other guys were sitting at. Mark moved down one seat and patted the one next to him. I sat down awkwardly as I felt the eyes on me again. “Yah~ It’s the first day you met Ji Sung but how come it seems like you’re closer to him that Mark hyung~” Dong Hyuk teased. Ji Sung grabbed my arm playfully, “Because she's my nooooooona~ right?” “Righhhhhht” I replied and they all laughed. “Seriously, you’re the first one that plays back with Ji Sung” Jae Min said. Then I noticed Jeno, I have never heard him talk other than when he introduced himself. I pulled Mark closer to me and asked him, “Why is Jeno-ssi so quiet?” As if he caught on to my question right after he scooted toward Jeno, “Yah~ why are you suddenly so shy?” I saw Jeno’s cheeks turn red and he tried to avoid the question, “Hyung I’m hungry let’s go buy food” all the guys pulled him back down and stared at him. “Yah! Lee Jeno, answer!” Jeno sighed in defeat and looked down “I’m not s-shy… It’s just new to me” “Mhmm~ there’s defiantly something that happened” Honestly, I find Jeno really cute, I mean his quiet personality but his bright and cheerful smile, but sometimes he also makes me worried as he doesn’t talk much. “Trust me Soo Mi ah~, he’s a lot more talkative than this” Mark said to me as if he knew what I was thinking. I knew that Jeno already felt really awkward so I decided to help him a little. I picked him up from the floor, “You’re hungry right? Let’s go buy food”. He looked up at me, his face turning super red. I smiled at him and grabbed my wallet. “What do you guys want to eat?” I said while looking at the others. “Noona~ Just buy me whatever you’re eating” I nodded back at the Ji Sung who gave me aegyo.

 

It was a little awkward because only Jeno and I were buying the food and since we were both the quiet type I didn’t know what to say first. “Did something happen? There’s seem to be something you’re worried about” I said while looking at him. He shook his head. “I-i’m fine, it’s just…” “Just…?” “I-i’m” He continued but someone ran past us and knocked me over, causing me to trip on to Jeno a little. “Are you okay?” “I’m s-sorry” we said in illusion. I smiled at him and nodded.

 

We returned to the tables with all our meals. I was going to sit in-between Jeno and Mark but Ji Sung insisted sitting next to me so Jeno moved over. Lunch went by pretty quickly, we concentrated on our meals. There were a feel ocasional jokes but I feel like I was the one that made everything awkward. 

 

 

Mark’s POV

 

We were walking to class and one by one my friends left for their classes, soon it was only Soo Mi and me. Just as she was about to walk into her classroom I grabbed her arm. “Meet me at the gates after school, okay?” She looked confused but she nodded.

 

 

After School

 

Your POV

 

I tapped my short fingers against my skirt as I waited for Mark to finish his classes. I wondered why it felt like forever waiting for him to come, maybe because I’ve never really waited for anyone in so long I forgot what it felt like. I was just about to walk back into school and look for him when my everything just suddenly turned black. I couldn’t see a thing. I felt a pair of hands over my eyes. At first I was startled and really scared, what if someone was trying to kidnap me? But a very familiar voice spoke “Guess who i am~”. “M-m-mark… I replied him”. He go of me and walked infront of me, “Omo~ how did you know?” “Bab-bo, stop being like a kid~” I back.

 

“Where are the others?” I noticed that we started walking and the others were not with us.
“A-ah, they’re busy… So they told me to go first…” He lied. I could tell, but thats good, if I can tell when he’s lying that means he’s bad at lying and if he’s bad at lying that he probably usually tells the truth.
“D-don’t lie~ I can’t trust you if you lie~” I tried to tell him so it sounded convincing and not to harsh.

“Fine~~ you win I loose~ they’re at basketball practice…” He replied in sound of defeat.

“How about you…?” 

“Nah~ I ditched~” 

“What? Why??” H-he ditched? But why?

“Because I wanted to go home with you…” He looked away…

I felt bad now, I felt like I was the one who made him ditch and miss out with his friends. But why did he want to go home with me so badly?
“W-w-why…?” 

“Because I want you to get home safe” I noticed that he started getting shy. I’ve never seen him shy before. Non of them were shy apart from Jeno, and to see Mark shy was something I never thought of seeing.

“I can go home alone, I’m fine, I go home alone everyday away” This was getting really awkward. I guess we both felt weird. I liked how he wanted to protect me and he was someone I could trust and lean on but I didn’t want him to give up things he liked for me.

“No, you’re going to get bullied by those girls again. I can’t let that happen…”

“Why? It doesn’t matter anyway, I’m to being bullied by now…”

“Because, because…” It was silent until he continued, “B-because I’m your friend”. 

 

We continued walking in silence, I guess it was probably too awkward for both of us. When we arrived at my house I thanked him and said goodbye. “Thanks for today, I’m sorry for causing you to ditch your basketball… Next time just join your friends, I can go home alone…”

“No~ It’s fine, I’m going to go home with you everyday from now on, and you’re not going to stop me” His answer made me really shocked. “W-what..? What about your basketball and your friends?” “It’s okay, we play in the morning anyway, so I don’t really need to go with them after school as well…”

“B-b-but…”
“Shh~” He put his finger on my lips. I felt my face becoming hotter.

“No matter what you say it’s not going to make me change my mind. Now go in~” He pushed my lightly towards my door and gave me hand movemnts telling me to go in.

I said one last goodbye and went into my house. 

 

I didn’t know what this feeling was. There was something that made me want to be with him, but why he got to close to me, it felt like there was electricity going around my body.

 

 

<< Author's Note >>
Hehe~ Since a few of you have asked me to upload the second chapter, I decied that I shouldn't make you wait~ XD

Kamsa for all the support for this fanfic :) makes my happy and want to continue writing for all of you ^^

If you have not already, please check out the other admin's baekyeol oneshot! I promise you it's one of the best one's you'll find ;)

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/890846/not-as-expected-exo-exok-baekhyun-chanyeol-baekyeol