Chapter 1

I'll Never Leave You

 

Your POV

 

Once again, the ponytailed glasses me was being dragged towards the lockers. I was slammed against the lockers and one by one the other girl students started surrounding me. Some started pulling on my hair, some slapped me on the face and they just all eventually started bullying me.

“Look at this piece of crap, such a mess! Yah, Oh Soo Mi, since when did you become so ugly and shy?!” Kim Ah Young, my best friend, well my ex-best friend screamed at me. I didn’t reply her.

“What? Are you too shy to reply? Or have you become a mute?” Some other girl in Ah Young’s gang said to me. Once again I just stayed quite. Whispers started going around me. “Oh Soo Mi” I looked up facing Ah Young. “What in the world happened to you? You don’t remember me? How can you be so disrespectful to-“
“Let go of her now!” I heard a boy shout. Well, I’m pretty sure it’s a boy. I don’t think that a girl could have a voice that low…

Ah Young’s hand quickly moved away from me. The boy started walked closer to us. “What in the world do you think you are doing?” He said again. “O-oo-op-pa…” Ah Young’s voice imidiatly sounded a lot girly and shy. I miss the shy Ah Young. The innocent Ah Young that always thought of overs before herself.
“I said what are you doing?!” The boy lowered his voice a little this time. Ah Young looked around her and made eye contact with her friends telling them it’s time to leave. As one by one they hurried off, the boy turned to me and I saw his worried expression on his face.

 

As he came closer to me, I got a better look of his face. His browish-black hair sat neatly on his head, his dark brown eyes almost as round as a ball, his tiny puffed up cheeks and his small lips. My eyes wandered to his name tag where his name proudly sat. Mark. His name was Mark. He waved his hands infront of my eyes. “Ay~ are you okay?” I shook off all the thoughts in my mind and gave him a cold look. I pulled myself out of his grip and walked away.

 

— —

 

I was in the library at school. I go there every morning to read before class starts. Mostly because I just want to be alone somewhere quiet unlike the cafeteria where everyone is chatting while having breakfast. As I finished the book I was reading, I headed off to the selves to get a new book. I was just scanning the titles when I found a book with a fairly interesting title. I got on my tip toes and tried to reach for the highest shelf where the book was at. Sigh. It’s a bit annoying when you’re short and you’re too shy to ask for help. I tried jumping a few times to reach but no matter what I did I was just too short. Just when I was about to give up, I felt a warm body leaning against me and it didn’t take me long to realise who it was. It was him, again. Mark casually reached for the self and took the book down. He looked at the book and then at me. I saw a small smile creep on to his face. He looked back at me, “Did you want this?”. I wasn’t sure what to say but before I could think of anything he spoke again. “Perhaps… Do you have a crush?, I mean, this book title…” I just remembered, the book. I took it out of his hands quickly and gave him a cold glare like the one I gave him a few days ago when we met at the lockers and walked off once again.

 

I made sure I was out of his sight before I sat down and started to read the book. “Love at first sight”. The title catches my attention. I’ve never been in love before. There were always a few boys who had crushes on me, but I just didn’t see them anything else but a friend or a classmate. I’ve never felt nervous around anyone or have gotten any emotion that made me feel like I was in love.

 

— —

 

I was walking down the street just leaving the school. I heard Ah Young’s voice and a few of her friends giggling. Suddenly, I felt someone grab my hair. I flinched when someone pulled my shirt as well. “Pft~ You think you can escape just because Mark oppa saved you last time?” Ah Young softly whispered at me causing. She put her face closer to me this time when speaking, “Mark oppa must be stupid, why would anybody care about you ugly and quiet girl?” There were more giggles from her friends. They stood there laughing for a few seconds until Ah Young unexpectedly slapped me in the face. “Don’t you give any respect? How can you keep ignoring a person who's trying to talk to you! Are you just trying to embarrassed me by not saying anything?”

 

 

Mark’s POV

 

I was heading back home with my best friend, Jeno when I saw a group of girls bulling her again. I was going to ignore it because I shouldn’t get into people’s businesses but when I saw her getting slapped and pushed on to the floor, I couldn’t take it any longer. I turned to Jeno, “I’m sorry, I’ll go home with you tomorrow, I have some things to sort out today” I said with a disappointed tone. “Doesn’t matter~ I’ll walk home alone, no big deal. Hyung see you tomorrow~” Jeno said trying to cheer me up before walking off alone. I picked up my speed as I was walking towards the group of girls. Just before I got too close to them, they stopped pushing the girl and walked off laughing. I swear if I see them bullying that girl once more I’ll push them on the floor just like they did to her. As I walked closer to her, I saw her panicking while moving her hand around the ground.

 

 

Your POV

 

As the girls walked away, I picked myself up from the floor and started to search for my glasses. My eye sight was pretty bad so I couldn’t really see such small objects without my glasses, the only way to find them was to feel them. I moved my hand around the floor as I felt someone come up close to me. At first I thought it was going to be either Ah Young or her friends but the person helped me get up and put my glasses into my hand. I quickly put my glasses back on and was going to thank the person for helping me until I realised who it was. I had no idea why, but I felt extremely embarrassed at that moment. “Are you okay?” He said this time sounding even more worried then the last time. I looked at him and was just about to walk off when he grabbed my arm and dragged me away. 

 

When we stopped walking, we were at a playground. There wasn’t too many people so it was pretty quiet. He led me to a bend and sat me down. As he sat down next to me he peeked at my name tag and smiled. “Oh Soo Mi? Aigoo~ even the name’s pretty” I heard the compliment and started to blush.

 

We pretty much just sat in silence until he started to talk again. “You know my name right? Last time you were starring at my name tag so going to assume you know~” He looked at me before he continued. “Why don’t you like me helping you?” That was a really unexpected question, but’s it’s something I could actually answer so I did, “Because I don’t need your help.” He looked at me with his eyes wide open and looked like he was lost for words. It took him a few seconds to put up a sentence but he continued. “Why? Isn’t being alone very lonely? Why don’t you want others to help you?” “Because i-it-it’s…” I realised that his questions made me think about myself, tears started to fill up my eyes. “Because I dont want to have false hope. I don’t want people being nice to me and helping me and staying beside me when they will leave the next moment and make me feel a-abandoned…” I replied him as tears fell down my cheek.

 

 

Mark’s POV

 

“They will leave the next moment and make me feel a-abandoned” she said while started crying. It’s the first time I’ve ever seen her cry. I’ve seen her being bullied so many times and I always thought she was strong because she never cried, what have I done? My simple question just made her cry. “D-don-don’t cry…” I tried to calm her down as I placed a arm on her should and patted her back slightly. When suddenly a thought hit me “Actually cry, cry as much as you want, cry more so all the sad things come out, don’t keep them to your self, or it will hurt more…” As if my words made her more comfortable, she cried a little more and kept her face down. We stayed like this for a few minutes as I stayed by her side.

 

 

Your POV

 

I felt so embarrassed yet comfortable at this moment. I was crying. How could I cry in front of anyone? This feels so stupid yet nice at the same time, someone who would listening to me whining and complaining and crying but just stayed silently next to me trying to comfort me. As I stopped and wiped my eyes, I nervously looked up at Mark. He smiled at me and reached for my cheeks and brushed off the tears. “Thi-s, k-kee, k-keep i-“ “I know I know, I won’t tell anyone, what you just said to me and that you cried I promise I won’t tell anyone” He replied as if he knew everything I wanted to say, which I’m guessing he’s right. I was just about give him a faint smile until “But you have to give me something in return…” My eyes widened, “See! I told you, people be nice to you and the next moments later they want something back or will be trade you…” “Babo, what I want is for your benefit… You see all these wounds? You have to let me c-clean them for you.” I just sat there in disbelief, did… did he just say he wanted to clean my wounds for me? Who in the world would do that? I mean other than my parents and doctors no one has ever helped me wound care. Before I could even reply, he took my arm and dragged me off.

 

 

Mark’s House

 

I silently followed him behind, mostly because I didn’t know what to say but when we approached a house I got really nervous. “Wh-where are y-you taking me?” I stumbled over my words while asking. “My house of course” he simply replied. “Y-you’re house?!” I pulled myself out of his grip and he turned to look at me. “Of course? Where else would I take you? It’s okay my parents are not at home…” with out even waiting for my reply he dragged me into his house and sat me down on his sofa. He left the living room to get something and came back with a cup of water and a medical box. I stared at him but he just put my arm on his laps and started to clean the wounds. “Drink some water” He said as he concentrated. 

 

 

Mark’s POV

 

“A-ah…” I heard her make a small wine. “Are you okay?” I stopped what I was doing and quickly checked her. “Y-y-yes…” I smiled “Let me know if it hurts too much okay” I wasn’t expecting her to reply but I was glad she game me a small nod. 

 

 

Your POV

 

Many thoughts came into my mind as he was cleaning the wounds. Why was he so conceded for me? Why was he so nice to me? He got off the sofa and leaned down next to my legs. “What did they do to you? How could you get so many bruises??” I gulped, so he was watching the whole thing? Even more embarrassing. I just kept my face low and stayed silent. As he finished by sticking on a few plasters he looked at me “All done!” He checked all of my wounds “Ah wait, no, we still have one more…” I looked at him and turn my head slightly… I’m pretty sure he has cleaned all of them, but that moment… he put everything down and leaned in closer to me. My face turned red as his face was less that a few centimetres away from mine. “This one.” he pointed at my chest.

 

 

 

<< Authors Note >>

Annyeong ^^

So here's the first chapter of "I'll Never Leave You". I wasn't originally going to upload this so early but since there were a few of you who seemed really curious and wanted to read it I decied to upload it so that you guys could read it. ^^

I've finished writing the 2 chapter and I'm currently writing the 3rd but I'm still not sure wether I should upload it yet! Hehe~ Tell me if you can't wait anylonger and if yo u want to read it then I'll upload it XD~ 

Kamsa ^^ Hope you enjoy :)