Minute

I Have Seen and Felt Love

NINO

I was half glad that it was Christmas today meaning I didn’t have to go to my classes, but I felt deprived from being unable to see Ohno today because there was no rehearsals either (at least I didn’t have to see Matsumoto either). However, despite it being Christmas it wasn’t a special day to me even if it meant that I was going to spend it alone this year for the first time without Aiba. I wish I had someone like Aiba had someone… Damn I sounded so desperate.

Well, at least I get to have the day all to myself and that meant there were no limits. I could eat all the Christmas candies, drink all the Christmas drinks, and buy myself Christmas presents until I’m broke by the end of the day. Okay, that’s a bit exaggerating and it’s not like I’m going to spend all my scholarship money on useless things. Just a candy cane, hot cocoa, and a new game was enough for me.

After I made the final stop for today at the game store, I was seriously looking forward to going straight home and enjoying the things I had with me right now. However, I saw someone from my past hanging around the cafe I bought my hot cocoa from. He didn’t see me yet and I was hoping it would stay that way until, finally, our eyes met. It was the longest second ever in my entire life and I saw my life flash before my eyes when I saw that he was going to walk towards me. Why, of all the days, did it have to be today?!

I panicked as I glanced at him and the paper cup I had in my hand back and forth, trying to figure out what to do next. However, I smelt something oddly familiar, like the scent of cinnamon and coconuts. Without thinking, I quickly grabbed the person who walked right past me, only because this person reminded me of Ohno’s smell.

“I’m sorry. It's just for a minute," I apologized as I looked over my shoulder and saw that the person from my past stopped walking halfway. I was too deep into my panic to see who I had unfortunately used as a coy, but when I heard a familiar voice calling my name, I finally looked to see who this person was. My eyes widen when I realized that it was actually Ohno who was staring straight at me with amusement and curiosity in his eyes. I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me, but no matter how many times I rubbed my eyes or blinked, I still saw Ohno Satoshi standing before me.

OHNO

I was on my way to Sho's place to drop off his present when I was suddenly pulled without any warning. I was terrified at first when I realized this might be a kidnapping and I would probably not live to see another Christmas until my supposed kidnapper spoke. The corner of my lips tugged into a smile and I held onto my kidnapper.

"Nino-kun," I called for him but he didn’t hear me until I called for his name the fifth time did he finally turn around. I wanted to laugh when he realized that it was me, but I just stared at him in silent amusement and wondered why he coincidentally pulled me aside.

"O-Ohno-san I didn’t know it was you," Ninomiya stuttered nervously. "I'm sorry."

" No worries,” I reassured him, although Ninomiya kept throwing me apologetic looks. “And Merry Christmas, Nino-kun.”

“Merry Christmas, to you too, Ohno-san.”

“So, why did you pull me aside? I seriously thought that I was going to die this Christmas day.”

“Ah, about that…” Ninomiya trailed off and looked over his shoulder. I followed his line of sight and saw a man staring at the both of us. I thought that the man was just interested in us, but when I saw that he eyed Ninomiya more, I kind of figured what was going on.

“Don’t worry about it,” I grinned as I wrung my arm around Ninomiya’s arm and dragged him away.

“I-I’m truly sorry about this, Ohno-san…”

“That’s okay. Like you said, for a minute we’ll be lovers. Or longer...”

NINO

I gulped as Ohno continued to drag me through the city. I can’t believe that it was Ohno I had pulled into this mess, but at the same time I was really glad that it was him and not some stranger. And for Ohno to go along with the whole fake lovers thing just to help me get rid of that someone from his past from my trail… I couldn’t be more thankful. This year might just be the best Christmas I’ve ever had.

“Oh, look!” Ohno gushed as he dragged me towards the window of an art supply store, and pointed at a watercolor set sitting on a display behind the window. “I’ve always wanted that watercolor set! I love all the pastel colors and it would go really well with what I’m painting.”

“You paint?” I gasped, startled at the thought of Ohno holding a painting palette on one hand and the other under his chin as he was scrutinizing a half-painted canvas.

“A little,” Ohno confessed shyly and I couldn’t help but notice the blush forming on his chubby cheeks. I had to look away to keep myself from grinning like an idiot when I saw just how adorable Ohno was.

“B-But I want to know more about you, Nino-kun. Like your favorite color, food...” Ohno coughed and he dragged me around again. I was glad he did that when I saw the person from my past had finally caught up with us. He looked more rattled than ever when he saw that my arm was linked around Ohno’s arm, and I couldn’t have been more happier when I saw his reaction towards us. I really, really hated him. “...pastime, animal(s)...” Crap. I was so busy with trying to lose the person from my past that I wasn’t paying attention to Ohno at all. As soon as I saw the person again, however, I dragged Ohno as fast as I could and walked on without a clue as to where we were heading, but I had to so that person wouldn’t follow us anymore. God, I hated him so much. When we were finally far from the busy city streets, I looked over my shoulder and saw that he was no longer there. In fact, there was no one around other than a few stray cats and dogs wandering about here and there.

“I’m sorry,” I apologized once we finally stopped walking and rested our backs against a concrete wall. “I just had to get away from there. I wasn’t listening to you, Ohno-san, and I’m an such an for--” My lips were closed shut when all of a sudden I felt soft and warm lips pressing against my lips. My eyes widened when I realized that Ohno was kissing me for reasons I didn’t know until I saw that person from my past halt to a stop not far from us. I swore I lost him! But when I saw the hurt look on his face, it brought me back to reality and I realized that Ohno’s unmoving lips were still on my own. And we stayed that way until, finally, the person from my past turned around and stomped off to where he came from.

OHNO

It was my turn to apologize for being so sudden without warning, but as soon as I saw the person Ninomiya was trying to ignore, it was all I could think of! How stupid of me to have had that thought right away and I wanted to slap myself for it. At least it helped a bit when the person finally walked away and left Ninomiya alone. When I made sure that the man was out of sight, I pulled away from Ninomiya and walked as far away as I can from him.

“I’m sorry,” I apologized from across the street, but Ninomiya just gave me a blank, shocked stare. I hadn’t meant to do it! Well… honestly speaking, Ninomiya’s lips felt nice and-- What was I thinking? I shouldn’t be thinking of this when I had might have possibly scared the person I wanted to be with. “I’m sorry,” I repeated louder, but Ninomiya didn’t flinch. “I should have let you know, and--” I closed my mouth shut when I saw that Ninomiya finally made a move. At first, Ninomiya blinked three times before bringing a finger to his lips. I thought then I was done for, that Ninomiya was going to look at me in disgust for taking advantage of him in this situation, but then what I saw next surprised me: he was smiling. I walked up to him, slowly and cautiously, but it was as if he’d forgotten I was with him! That was when I learned something about him: Ninomiya liked surprises and once he was surprised, he would be lost in his own world. So I ended up following him back to his home, and ended up spending Christmas with him.

This was the best Christmas present I could ever ask for.

TBC