Fate

I Have Seen and Felt Love
NINO

My breath was literally taken away when a load of servers came out one after another to present us luxurious, rich food. I’m not really into eating rich food, but I couldn’t refuse after all the work and effort Ohno had put into all of it. At this point, the smell of the food would have distracted me if it weren’t for Ohno’s pink lips opening and closing in fascination every time a server pulled a lid off the platters.

I can’t forget about the kiss we shared earlier. It was too good to be true, but I knew that it really happened. When I was in his arms, I felt protected and important like my whole life had a purpose. Before, in my past relationships, I’ve never felt this at all. Sure, there was that spark where I believed that being a relationship was the best thing that could ever happen to me, but then I always picked the wrong guy. In the end, nothing ever worked out, we fought too much, weren’t compatible, or didn’t have time for each other. But with Ohno, I honestly feel that this is going to be different and I might just get that happy ending.

“What are you smiling about?” Ohno asked me in a playful tone. “You seem very happy, Kazu.”

I hadn’t even noticed that I was smiling, but that was the least of my concern. My breath hitched. “K-Kazu?”

“It would be awkward to keep calling you Nino,” Ohno said sheepishly. “No one calls you Kazu, am I right?”

“Y-yeah, except for my mom when she’s in a good mood.”

Ohno grinned. “Good. You’re cuter when you smile. Well, not that you’re not already cute, but yeah.” He looked like an excited child with a huge grin on his face and a pink blush on his cheeks as he complimented me.

Oh, God, how awkwardly adorable can this man be? “T-thanks,” I mumbled in reply. “You’re cute too, Ohno-san…” I whispered the last four words, afraid that he would laugh at me for it.

“What? What was that?”

“Ah… nothing!”

“It’s okay, Kazu. I won’t judge you. I never did.”

I took in a deep breath. What was the point of keeping things from Ohno anyway when our relationship has already come to this? “I said, “you’re cute, too.” “

Ohno giggled. “I know, you’ve told me before.”

“W-w-what? When?” I don’t remember calling Ohno cute out loud before!

“During our first rehearsal when you got drunk…”

“Oh, God…” I groaned. I must have been talking way too much, which is so very out of character of me. “Did I say anything else stupid?”

Ohno shook his head and moved his chair closer to me. He slid his hand underneath the table to meet mines and he intertwined our fingers together. “You said that you “really, really, really like me.” “

“Oh, my God…” I groaned once again and looked at anywhere but Ohno. I know I’m blushing so hard right now of how much of an idiot I am when I’m drunk. Aiba did tell me before I let loose when I’m drunk and I’m the complete opposite of my sober self. I shouldn’t have drank a lot that night, but I couldn’t help it because I’ve been so blindly jealous.

“You don’t have to be embarrassed,” Ohno said as he used his free hand to grab a hold of my chin. He gently turned me to face him and he had a sincere smile on his face. “At least I knew how you felt about me because if you hadn’t gotten drunk, you would have never told me how you feel.”

“I…” Ohno was right. I’m not the type to really express my feelings… maybe that was the reason why my past relationships had been so bad. I took a short breath and exhaled. I should change, for Ohno and for myself. And how’d he figure out my personality? “Yeah, I do like you very much,” I finally confessed with a shaky laugh. I had never been this open before.

Ohno smiled and leaned in closer till we were an inch apart. He the bottom of my lip with his thumb and I thought that I was going to melt there. Heck, he hasn’t even kissed me yet. “Good.” Our eyes closed as we leaned in for another short, sweet kiss before we decided that it was time to eat our dinner.

OHNO

I think I’m in love. No, I know I’m in love. Sho told me once that if I wanted to know when something is worth it, I have to ask if I can’t live without it. As I shared the long, passionate kiss with Ninomiya, I asked that very question and my heart, body, and soul screamed that I definitely cannot live without him. Yes, I admit that this is the first relationship I’ve ever been in since I was born, but I know he’s the one. I just know it.

After eating dinner, we decided to spend more time in the cove. I hadn’t noticed it while I was setting up before dress rehearsals and I have to admit, it really was beautiful. But of course, I couldn’t take my eyes off of Ninomiya the whole time because he was more captivating that the cove itself.

“You know, I wasn’t supposed to be casted for the ballet performance,” I told him as we took a seat on the edge of the cove. We dipped our legs in the cool pool to refresh ourselves.

Ninomiya gasped. “Really?”

I nodded my head. “Un. It was supposed to be my cousin, but then he got sick and couldn’t make it. He asked me to do it for him instead. At first, I was hesitant, but when I saw you at the audition… I was more than determined to be in it. I had to make sure I landed a role no matter what, but I was surprised that I landed the main role. And when I saw that you were the second main role… I was even more excited for this performance.”

“B-but I thought it’s because of Matsumoto-sensei.”

“Surprisingly, it isn’t.”

“Then…”

“Then I’m saying this must be fate because that’s what it feels like.” I couldn’t help but glance to my left and saw his cheeks turn bright pinkish-red. God, he’s so beautiful.

“So let’s give this performance our all,” I grinned as I grabbed for his hand and held it with determination.

“Yes, let’s.”
 
TBC