Patience

I Have Seen and Felt Love
Summary:“Don’t leave me,” Ninomiya mumbled in his sleep. “I won’t. I promise,” I told him, although he won’t remember this in the morning.
 


NINO

It was totally unexpected, but Matsumoto occasionally invited us, as in Ohno and me, out to drink or to hang out at his lonely home. Why do I have a feeling, though, that despite being so well-known and wealthy, that we are only Matsumoto’s friends? It’s actually not that bad, to be honest, because underneath all that seriousness and intimidation, he’s a good guy who was in need of friends. So Ohno and I invited Sakurai and Aiba along one night, and we just clicked like we were old buddies from the past. And without realizing it, we became drinking buddies. Speaking of which, I’m dead drunk in Matsumoto’s house along with Aiba and Sakurai.

OHNO

I watched in pure amusement as Aiba, Sakurai, and Ninomiya sang to some enka song from the 50’s. They are seriously in their own drunken world at the moment and I wanted to join in, but I was afraid that I might lose control of myself when I get drunk (I got drunk with Sakurai once, who decided to stay sober that night, and he told me the following morning how I became a whole another different person who showed what a true male alpha is like); I don’t want to scare off Ninomiya, not when our relationship just barely started.

“Is it just me, or does Nino seem happier these days?” Matsumoto asked as he took a seat beside me at the kitchen counter. Matsumoto smelt faintly of fresh mint, so he must have gone upstairs and refreshened himself.

I took a sip from my can of beer. It’s the same one since we’ve started this gathering and it was warm from my hold. “Yeah, he is happier.”

“But what about you? You don’t sound like you aren’t as happy with this.”

I sighed. Matsumoto hit the spot. Of course, I was really elated beyond words now that Ninomiya and I are in a relationship, but there was something missing. The week we had gone official, it took him me while to figure out what was missing until just a day ago: Ninomiya wasn’t being as open so I still knew less about the man I’ve fallen so hard for.

“I am happy. It’s just that, he won’t tell me anything at all. I only know a few things about him, like his favorite food, color and all that little details… but I want to know more, about what makes him him.”

“I think he’s just trying to find the right time. Besides, aren’t you two still at the stage of getting to know each other? Just be patient, Oh-chan.”

“You’re right, I should. After all, we have all the time to know each other and it doesn’t have to be so soon.” I felt a bit lightened at telling Matsumoto about his problem at the moment, and was glad that the man offered me advice that I’ve been needing all along. If Ninomiya plans on staying mysterious, then so be it. I’ll wait for the day he will finally tell me everything and I will be there for him no matter what.

Matsumoto grinned. “Good. Now tell Ninomiya to stop drinking because tomorrow’s rehearsal is crucial.”

“Okay,” I sing-songed as I got up from the stool and headed towards the trio. Now, they were singing some pop song that I recognized came from a commercial about a new vacuum. “Kazu, you need to stop drinking. We have rehearsals tomorrow, remember?”

“Yep!” Ninomiya hiccuped. “I remember.”

“Then put that down and-- Ah!” I yelped as Ninomiya threw the empty can of beer across the room and lunged at me. We both fell on the nearest couch, glad that it was there or else we would have fallen on the hard, stone-cold floor.

“You’re going to be my *hic* prince! And I’m your princess!”

“Yeah, yeah,” I laughed nervously as Ninomiya wrapped his arms around my neck and squirmed on my body. This was dangerous and Ninomiya was waking up that dark side in me. It was a good thing there were other people here, or else… “I’m your prince and you’re my princess.”

“Yay!” Ninomiya grinned and bounced a little on my body. “You’re so soft, Satoshi…”

“T-thanks?”

“I like it. A lot.” I felt his lips curl into a smirk against my neck. My eyes widened when I suddenly felt his soft, warm lips touch my neck and I shivered at the contact. It felt good. So damn good. And it was just a soft kiss, for God’s sake.

“Kazu, I don’t think--”

“Mnnn,” Ninomiya moaned, his arms tightening around his neck when he realized I was trying to pull him off me. “I like it here.”

“B-but--”

“Just leave him be,” Matsumoto laughed and plopped down beside us so casually. “I don’t think you’re going to move at all. I’ll bring down some comforters for us in a bit.”

“Eh? But don’t you have guest rooms? We can--”

“Nah,” Matsumoto shook his head. “I like the idea of sleeping here. Besides, we can see the stars from here.” He pointed up and I followed his finger. I couldn’t help but gape in wonder as I stared at the ceiling. Why have I never noticed it before, even after coming over so many times?

“It’s beautiful…” I mumbled as I kept my eyes at the windows on the ceiling. Just like Matsumoto said, you could really see the stars and it was really bright tonight. The stars twinkled ever so brightly, just like Ninomiya’s eyes whenever he looked at me with those loving eyes of his…

“I had it installed recently, actually. I figured I might as well change some things a bit.” It was no wonder he hadn’t noticed it before.

“Well, I like it! I’m sure the others would, too, if they weren’t so drunk.”

Matsumoto laughed in agreement. “Yeah, they would. I don’t why these three always get drunk so easily…” The both of us gave each other knowing looks before glancing at the reason why: Aiba. He always have challenges up his sleeves and Nino was always forced to go along with it because they’re best friends and all, while Sakurai wanted to for the sake of his boyfriend, even if he knew how light he was. “These idiots… Anyway, we should go to sleep. Do you need a change of clothes, Oh-chan?”

“Nope,” I said simply. Tonight, I came in my house clothes so I’m already set. “But a toothbrush would be nice.”

“Okay. I’ll be back in a bit, with four toothbrushes and comforters.” With that said, Matsumoto got up and headed upstairs.

“Mnn,” Ninomiya mumbled and I hadn’t realized that he’s fallen asleep until now. I moved a little so I could see his sleeping face. He was still so cute and even more so in his sleeping and drunken state. Grinning, I finally wrapped my arms around his waist. “Don’t leave me,” Ninomiya mumbled in his sleep.

“I won’t. I promise,” I told him, although he won’t remember this in the morning.

“Nn…”

When Matsumoto finally came back with the needed items, I saw him smile from the corner of my eyes before I decided to go to sleep with Ninomiya snuggled so comfortably in my arms.

NINO

My eyes snapped open when I felt someone holding onto me for dear life. I blinked a few times, trying to adjust my eyesight to the blinding light until I could finally see who it was: Ohno. He was snoring lightly and was smiling like a complete idiot. But in a way, his sleeping face was cute. He reminded me of those squishy chibi anime characters, except he’s real and I could squish him.

As I stared at him, I wondered if I should open up to him… but I’m afraid. Well, why should I be because Ohno says he’ll never judge me? But there’s that gnawing feeling in the back of my head that’s making me feel afraid, like I shouldn’t tell Ohno. What if, in the end, he leaves me? What if, like the others, he’s not satisfied with me because of my many problems?

No, I should learn to appreciate all this right now: having Ohno by my side, which is enough for me. He makes my world brighter, clearer, and much more worth living and I like that a lot about him. I want to give this relationship my all, for Ohno and for myself.

“Finally awake?”

I jolted in surprise, stirring Ohno a bit when I heard Matsumoto’s voice come from somewhere. I lifted my head up and I saw him in the kitchen, about ready to cook something up.

“Y-yeah.”

“Good. Come and help me.”

“Uh, okay,” I mumbled and easily pulled myself away from Ohno after replacing my body with a long body pillow. “So, what’re you cooking?” I asked as I walked towards the kitchen. I almost stumbled on my own feet when I suddenly had a strong headache. Damn hangovers.

“Some breakfast I learned from a friend,” he said. He seemed a bit tense after mentioning this friend of his, but it only lasted for a second before giving me a small smile. It’s as if he wanted to talk about this friend of his, but then at the same time he didn’t want to. “It’s really good.”

“Oh yeah? Is it?”

“Yup. I guarantee it. He even went to the U.K. just to learn it.” Oh, so he does want to talk about this friend of his.

“Oh. Is he a chef?”

Jun shrugged. “He should be right now… Ah, why am I telling you this. It’s not your problem.”

“But we’ve already began. Besides, you’re making me want to know more.” I didn’t mean to be nosy, but it looks like Jun really wants someone to listen to him.

“Ah, never mind that. Anyway, I was taught how to make the best eggs benedict. It’s really delicious.”

I rolled my eyes. “Is it just me, or do you want to talk about it?”

“I--” Jun sighed in exasperation and finally turned around to face me. “I do. But I’m not ready too, yet.”

“But we’re already good friends that you insist on inviting us out all the time, especially to your house.”

“Well…”

I laughed as I saw Matsumoto’s thoughtful expression on his face. “I was just kidding. You don’t have to tell me everything today. We have all the time to get to know each other.”

“Good,” Matsumoto sighed in relief. “The funny thing is, I told Oh-chan the same thing last night.”

Oh, this definitely got my interest. “Really?”

“Yep. (I should listen to my own advice after all). He’s having trouble trying to understand you.”

“Oh?”

“But Oh-chan is the patient type. Just, don’t let it drag on for too long.”

“I… Okay. I won’t,” I promised, taking the advice to heart.

“By the way, are you okay for today’s rehearsal?”

“Peachy,” I lied as the headache came back again. I immediately took a seat on one of the stools to keep myself from falling. Matsumoto chuckled and handed me two pills of aspirin. “I shouldn’t have drunk so much last night. Friggin’ Aibaka and his bets.”

“You should go and wake up the others too.”

“Okay,” I sighed after drinking down the pills with a glass of water. As I made my way to the others, however, I stopped when I saw Ohno’s face. Instead of having a stupid smile on his face, he had a frown and his cheeks were red. Had he been crying? I was about to walk over to him when he stirred awake and sat up with a dazed look on his face. He blinked and then turned to face me with a silly grin. Perhaps it was a nightmare? He got me worried there for a second.

“Jun and I are making breakfast. Can you wake up everyone else?”

“Sure,” Ohno grinned, making my heart beat a thousand miles fast. “Anything for my Kazu.” With that said, he got up and shook Aiba and Sakurai awake, both who were clinging onto each other even as they woke up. Soon, breakfast was made and served. Matsumoto was right, the eggs benedict was scrumptious.
 
TBC