Princess

I Have Seen and Felt Love
NINO

We got drunk last night. It was so unexpected and very uncalled for, but when Matsumoto took out the beer, we lost control and I really don’t remember what happened. I do remember that Jun was just some lonely individual who needed more friends. I was able to understand him a bit and hate him less, but I still couldn’t help my jealousy whenever Ohno paid attention to him more than me.

And because of last night, I thought that Matsumoto was going to cancel rehearsals.

He didn’t.

So here I was with the rest of the students and Ohno who sat beside me so eagerly as we waited for Matsumoto.

“I think I want to be his friend,” Ohno said with a giggle. “Matsumoto-sama is so lonely.”

“Y-yeah,” Nino agreed, but he could feel his blood boiling. He didn’t like it when Ohno talked about Matsumoto, even though Ohno had already told him that Matsumoto isn’t his type.

Ohno laughed as he sunk back into his chair. “You don’t have to worry, Nino-kun.”

“W-what?” I stuttered, but was unable to think when I felt something warm creep up my hand. I looked down and saw Ohno’s own hand, holding onto mines. Even my hand responded so easily as our fingers intertwined. So warm and comfortable… I started remembering the kiss and I felt my cheeks burn. I probably look like an idiot right now. Yes, a big idiot.

“After rehearsals… wanna go eat out?”

I nodded my head, still unable to form words in my head. Everything in my head was a jumble since all I could think of was Ohno’s hands and his soft, soft lips.

“Not at Aiba-chan’s ramen, or that restaurant we went to a few weeks ago. Somewhere nice, quiet, and private…”

W-where’s he going with this?!

“I think I know a good place,” Ohno grinned and hummed a cheery tune as he held my hand tighter. “It’ll be a long drive, but we can make it.”

“...” Why couldn’t I speak? And where is Ohno going to take me?

“Ah, he’s here!” Ohno piped up as he stood up, pulling me along with him. At that moment, I wanted to pull my hand away because we’re both males and people would start rumors, but Ohno’s grip was too strong.

“Can the prince and princess come up to the stage?” Matsumoto asked out loud as he climbed up the stairs to the stage. Soon, everyone’s eyes were on us. Some saw our hands, but didn’t react at all as if this was completely, and perfectly normal. Ohno, on the other hand, didn’t seem to have taken notice and just dragged me up the stage, still holding my hand so tightly as if he was afraid to let go.

“Ah, good. You’re already in your role,” Matsumoto grinned as he eyed our linked hands. “Today is a special kind of rehearsals. I was thinking last night that we should really try this.” Matsumoto glanced at us briefly with a knowing look. He must have remembered something last night based on that look of his, but I don’t remember anything and neither did Ohno (I asked him about it earlier).

“I made these costumes myself last night,” he said as he reached for something inside a black trash bag. I didn’t notice that he brought along a bag. “So today, we are having dress rehearsals. I know we have a long way to go, but this is only so I can make notes of improvement. It’s thanks to a couple of friends I made last night that I was able to touch up this hobby again.”

I glanced at Ohno for a brief moment. Like he, he was confused as hell. What exactly happened last night?

“Because you two are our main characters, I changed these costumes a bit. Ohno-san, it’s not that hard to put these on because I’ve already done my measurements. As for you, Ninomiya-san, I need you to follow me.”

“W-what?” Oh, so now I can speak.

“As for everyone else, I’ve already labeled the costumes with your name. Come up here and pick them up.”

Matsumoto left the black trash bag where he was and told me to follow him. Damn him for making me and Ohno separate, but I couldn’t say no to the main honcho.

“I did measurements on you last night as well,” Matsumoto hummed happily as we made our way to the changing rooms. “And don’t worry, I wasn’t molesting you. Ohno-san would kill me.”

“What?”

Matsumoto laughed. “I know you two have a thing. I wouldn’t want to get in between that. Also, you are bad at being discrete. You get so jealous easily.”

“...”

“Besides, I have someone else.”

“...” I was seriously unable to comprehend what was going on. Since when did we become this close that almighty Matsumoto-sama can talk so informally to me like I some old friend. Ah, it must have been last night. Something happened last night and it looks like Matsumoto remembers what happened.

“About last night,” Matsumoto began as if he read my mind. “I’m sorry for ranting like a whiny . I just hadn’t have a decent conversation with anyone for a while. Thanks Nino. Tell Ohno I said thanks as well.”

Wow, he’s even calling me Nino! This is surprising.

“Anyway, this dress belonged to my older sister. I changed it a lot and I think it will be a great fit. You just have to wear a bra and padding on your chest and obviously you need to wear makeup. For now, though, we’ll just have you put the dress on and I’ll help you with the makeup. Don’t worry, I’m a professional when it comes to makeup.”

OHNO

Just as Matsumoto had said, the suit was an easy fit. I wore a royal blue long sleeved thin top that had a golden yellow sash going down diagonally from my right shoulder to left hip. It was pretty simple, but I really felt like a prince. Even the tights Matsumoto gave me was a simple white, but it matched so nicely with my upper wear. After I finished fixing myself up, I walked back out to the stage where everyone else was except for Matsumoto and Ninomiya who were still in the backstage somewhere…

All of the excited chatting stopped and everyone’s head turned towards where Matsumoto and Ninomiya had gone to. Oh, so that must mean they were done. I wove past the crowd of students and stopped short when I came face to face with a girl. She was really pretty even with light makeup on and the dress she wore was so feminine: it was all pink and frilly and she wore white tights as well. But there was something about this girl that was so familiar… I focused on the girl’s face and thought about how she looked a lot like Ninomiya… Wait, if that’s Matsumoto standing behind her and Ninomiya wasn’t around, then…

“W-what?” The girl snapped at everyone who was gawking at her. Her voice sounded a lot like Ninomiya’s too…

“Okay, okay. Everyone get to your positions,” Matsumoto clapped his hands together to get our attention, but I couldn’t take my eyes off of her.

“Ohno-san,” the girl shook me side to side. “Rehearsals are starting, what are you--”

“You’re an angel,” I interrupted the girl. “You must be an angel who looks like Nino-kun.”

The girl snapped and pulled off her blonde hair. This surprised me because I thought it was real. I blinked and stared at the blonde-less girl before me. Now she had short black hair that looked a lot like Ninomiya’s.

“I am Nino…” Although it was faint, I could see his cheeks turn red.

I laughed to myself and shook my head in shame. “I’m sorry, Nino-kun. I really thought you were a girl then… But girl or not, I think that you’re pretty no matter what. And cute.”

The redness of his cheeks brightened even more and it was noticeable underneath the makeup. I laughed. At that moment, I just wanted to take him in my arms, stare at him in the eyes, and lean in for a--

“What are you two doing?!” Matsumoto snapped. “Go to your positions.”

“Crap,” Ninomiya whispered as he put the wig back on. “T-thank you for the comment, Ohno-san. You look so princely in that outfit.”

I grinned. “Of course. This role was meant for me because of you.”

Ninomiya nearly tripped because of my statement, but he saved himself before I was able to run over to him and catch him. As we both went to our spots, I couldn’t take my eyes off of Ninomiya. I thought, then, of how blessed I am to have met him.
 
TBC