Red

I Have Seen and Felt Love
NINO

“Where are you taking me?” I asked Ohno for the fifth time that night in his small car. After dress rehearsals, Ohno dragged me right after I had finished changing out of my costume. Unfortunately, I still had some makeup on and I was trying to clean it up as Ohno drove off somewhere I could barely recognize. We were no longer in our neighborhood, and the longer he drove off to streets I didn’t even know existed, there were barely cars and people. I was a bit excited, but worried at the same time. I seriously don’t know what Ohno is thinking and where he intends to take me out.

“Somewhere nice and private,” Ohno repeated his vague answer for the fifth time that night. I was a bit annoyed, but every time I side glanced at him, I saw a huge, excited grin on his face. He kept moving about slightly in his seat so I could tell just how excited he really is. Wherever he’s taking me, he’s really looking forward to going there.

Meanwhile, I was still trying to remove the makeup Matsumoto had applied on me. It really is troublesome to wear makeup. I don’t get how women, and even men, can do it.

OHNO

“It’s the beach?” Ninomiya asked in slight disappointment as I parked the car in the nearest parking lot. He must have been expecting something else more privately and I couldn’t blame him for that because we aren’t at the exact place I wanted to bring him to.

“It’s near the beach,” I told him with a grin.
“What’s near the beach?”

“You’ll see.”

I held out my hand in the air out of impulse and was about to pull back when I realized what I was doing until I felt a warm hand softly touch mine. I immediately felt electricity run throughout my body from that one single touch and I’ve never felt this good. I glanced back and saw Ninomiya staring at me with bright eyes and his cheeks turned pink as I intertwined my fingers with his.

NINO

It was just like the kiss, but I felt it stronger this time. The electricity soared throughout my body as Ohno and I held hands for the first time. It felt good, like my whole world was starting to calm after a storm.

“Do you trust me?” Ohno asked all of a sudden, surprising me with how he finally chose this time to ask me a very important question.

“If I didn’t trust you, I wouldn’t have gotten inside the car.”

Ohno blinked and stared at the ground for a few seconds before letting out a loud laugh. “Oh, right! I’ll take you there now. But first, close your eyes.”

“E-eh?”

“Don’t worry. I’ll hold your hand the whole time.” After saying so, I felt Ohno’s hand tighten and I realize my eyes immediately closed shut.

It drove me a little insane that I was completely blind as he guided me along paths. At first, we walked on hard concrete floor, then I could feel sand seeping into my flip-flops; we had to make a quick stop just so I could take it off. Then the sound of the ocean waves were getting louder with each step we took. And as Ohno promised, he held my hand the whole entire time.

“We’re here!” Ohno exclaimed excitedly, pulling me close to him. My eyes flew open, then and the first thing I did was gasp.

“This is… This is amazing…” I mumbled as Ohno led me further into a cove. It was completely enclosed, meaning that there shouldn’t be light. However, there was a hole, about the size of a pothole on the top. It allowed the moon to shine through the clear blue-green water, creating a blue-green reflection around the walls of the cove. And in the middle of the cove, there was a high flat rock and on it was a table and two chairs on either side. “This is something like out of a romance novel.”

Ohno jerked a bit and gave out a nervous laugh. “It’s like you know me… I was actually reading a book Sho recommended Aiba-san, who then recommended it to me.”

I stared at him for a good second before I opened my mouth to laugh out loud. I hadn’t laughed this hard ever in a while that even tears were starting to come out. “You didn’t have to rely on a book.”

“But I do,” Ohno pouted. “Because… I don’t know how to win your heart.”

“Anything would have been fine.”

Ohno blinked a few times and a small smile played on his lips. “Anything?”

“Anything,” I confirmed. And just as I was about to distract myself with the scene before me, Ohno pulled me in and claimed my lips. The electricity I felt when we held hands intensified as our lips touched and when my eyes closed, I saw a burst of colors and my heart was beating wildly against my chest. This new sensation felt truly amazing, and it all came from this man, Ohno Satoshi, who made my world much clearer.

OHNO

When Ninomiya had said that anything would have worked out for him, the first thing that popped up into my head was Christmas Day. I really took him for a surprise then and I knew that he had been greatly affected by it. I know I shouldn’t really be taking advantage of Ninomiya’s claim, but when I saw how red his lips were from the makeup, I couldn’t resist.

His lips tasted like dark cherries: intoxicatingly sweet. I could feel the electricity we shared earlier greatly intensify and my whole world was exploding in colors behind my eyelids. This is the first time I’ve kissed Ninomiya so seriously and passionately and it felt utterly amazing. Thinking back, though, this is my first, actual serious kiss (the one I shared with him during Christmas was too short). I’ve never been a relationship so I was a bit worried about my kissing skills, but then Ninomiya moaned ever so slightly and it was music to my ears.

I seriously have to thank Sho and Aiba for this.
 
TBC