Seasick

I Have Seen and Felt Love
OHNO

I met up with Nino at the bus stop, where I had told him we were going to meet. I made it to the rendezvous in less than five minutes since I didn’t live that far from there, also because I wanted to be there early. But to my surprise, I saw Ninomiya walking back and forth in front of the bus stop. I laughed, amused at how nervous Ninomiya seemed. When he had his back faced to me, I ran and tapped him on the shoulder. He yelped and held up fists in defense, but he slowly put it back down and jolted in surprise when he saw me instead of an attacker.

“Ohno-san…” He mumbled and turned away when I saw his cheeks turn red. Even if Ninomiya’s a male, somehow he gave off the aura of a girl, with the way he was suddenly nervous, jittery, awkward he was around me, and how his voice always went up a higher pitch. Then I noticed how light Ninomiya’s clothing was and wondered why he wore so little when we were going to the middle of the ocean.

“You didn’t bring a jacket with you?” I asked him as he and I sat down on the bench.

“No… was I supposed to?”

“Yeah, because it gets cold.”

“Oh…”

“Do you want me to get you a jacket? I don’t live far from here, and besides the bus won’t come until--”

“It’s fine!” Ninomiya pulled me back down when I was about to stand up. “I can bear it.”

“Are you sure?”

“Y-yeah…”

For some reason, I doubted it. It seems like Ninomiya’s not the type to face the cold waters fearlessly…

NINO

What was I thinking? That I could be brave against the cold and let alone bear the fact that I’m going to be in the middle of the ocean?! Just the thought of the sea made me sick, but I didn’t want to ruin this day, especially since Ohno went out of his way to prepare things for us: from the fishing poles to the picnic basket that he was holding. I wondered how long it took him to prepare food for us… The bus came in five minutes and I couldn’t bring myself to step in. However, seeing Ohno’s worried face urged me to and I had to go in with him. He questioned me if I was OK, but of course my stupid self said I was…

It was beautiful, the sea. With the cloudless sky, the sun shone on the blue ocean and the waves were small and calm. For a while, I was enjoying the view until Ohno told me to follow him to a small boat, and of course I had to follow him because I had no choice… Oh god, what was I getting myself into… And I even forgot to bring my box of motion sickness patch. Well for now, I had to cherish the moment we were still docked. But it wasn’t long before Ohno had undocked the boat and off we went…

\\\♥///

I was throwing up in a blue bucket that Ohno had given me when he probably saw that I was ready to hurl anywhere. Ohno had insisted that we go back and call it a day, but I told him that it was OK because we were already in the middle of the sea (and that I didn’t want to ruin today, but I didn’t tell him that!). So in the end, I was unable to participate with Ohno who caught three fishes…

\\\♥///

“Where are we going?” I groaned and refused to move from the chair Ohno had me sit on for the rest of the day.

“You’ll see soon,” he said vaguely for the third time I asked him. It irritated me not knowing where Ohno was going to take me, but as long as it was on land, anywhere was fine. But the fact that it’s taking almost an hour…

“We’re here!” Ohno piped up at the same time the boat engine came to a stop.

I immediately got on my feet, jumped out from the boat and landed on soft sand. I kissed the sand and thanked the land for existing and spat out when I felt sand going inside my mouth. From behind me, I could hear Ohno chuckle and I could feel my entire body heat up. I quickly stood up and ran off somewhere, with Ohno following closely behind me.

I couldn’t believe I had just done that! So embarrassing…

OHNO

I followed him around for ten minutes and I wanted to tell him that there was a tiny crab stuck to his shirt. But it was too late when I heard him squeal in pain as the tiny crab pinch his side. I immediately ran to him and plucked the crab from his skin. Then I grabbed his wrist, and pulled him along with me. It wouldn’t take long to find it…

Within a few minutes, I found my parent’s vacation house. It was pristine clean, letting me know that my parents had hired someone to clean it up for summer vacation in a few weeks. I was glad, though, that it was clean so I wouldn’t have to do it myself. Once we were inside, I sat him down on the leather couch and took out the first aid kit from the bathroom not far from the kitchen.

Ninomiya winced in pain and slapped my hand away a couple of times, but after a few hard attempts, Ninomiya was finally patched up and he was no longer squirming in pain. I set the first aid kit aside and stared at him.

I never realized how beautiful Ninomiya actually was and I was beginning to wonder if he was some god that was sent from above. If he was, I felt blessed because just seeing him made me feel happy somehow.

“Nino-kun… how would you like to be friends with me?” I asked him and he immediately turned his head towards me. He was trying to say something, but instead he kept gaping like a fish on land. That reminds me… I have to cook the fish I caught and let Ninomiya taste my cooking…

“Y-yes! I do!” Ninomiya replied suddenly, shaking me from my thoughts of how to cook the fish.

I smiled, glad that he agreed to being friends with me. I couldn’t wait to tell Sho about it.
 
TBC