f o u r s e a s o n s ;; JINYOUNG

Four Seasons - A Collection of B1A4 One-Shots

 

[ONE-SHOT] Four Seasons

By noona.

 

 

F o u r S e a s o n s  ; ;  J I N Y O U N G

P A R T 2

 

This is my love story

A true sad story

 

Jinyoung’s Point of View

 

I slumped on the floor of the dance studio, staring at my reflection from the huge mirrors that covered the walls. Another day of practice, and they tell me to not strain my voice too much? Really? My 5-hour long vocal training had just ended and here I am, already complaining after having been accepted by WM Entertainment for not more than a week. Leaning on the wall, I closed my eyes, I could feel the sweat emanating from my skin and sliding down my neck, it was summer. The summer heat was more than I could take and the defective air condition wasn’t helping at all. Just then I felt something cold touch my forehead, my eyes shot open and there I saw…her.

 

She stood there in front of me, smiling down with a bottle of cold water in hand, offering it. I stared at her blankly as I gathered my thoughts, “…take it” she said coolly, what do I do? What do I say? Why is she here? What’s happening? She’s really… ‘pretty’ I thought to myself and saw the amused expression on her face. “Thank you?” My eyes widened in shock, did I just say that out loud? She chuckled and I gladly accepted the bottle, looking away from her to hide the embarrassment that was obviously visible on my face. “Mind if I sit here?” I shook my head as she carefully curled up next to me, leaning on the wall and hugging her knees close to her chest. We stayed like that for a while in silence until she turned to face me and placed a hand on my shoulder.

 

“I know it must be difficult, especially since it’s just your first week…” she spoke, it was as if she, herself, was unsure of her own words based on the confusion in her eyes. “But it’ll be worth it, believe me… have you always wanted to be an artist?” she said, catching me off guard as she leaned closer, our faces, inches apart. Unable to think clearly, I just gave her a nod and bowed my head to avoid her gaze, my face was burning. “That’s good, if you need any help, don’t hesitate to talk to me, I know a few tricks on how to charm them instructors and trainers” she said before standing up and winking at me as she headed for the door. “And don’t overwork yourself, Jung Jinyoung-ssi

 

That was our first meeting. It seemed so surreal that she was even aware of my full name; she had been a trainee at WMent for two years already when they had accepted me. But I wasn’t aware that it would be her last year.After that fateful day, we began seeing each other more often, I watched her as she composed her own songs with the piano during my breaks and she would tell me stories about how she got her inspirations from experiences she had before she started training. It made the summer heat bearable and spending all those days with her seems just like a dream to me now.

 

Trees were already in the process of shedding their leaves when autumn had finally arrived. I sat on the bench outside the company building as I waited for her, moments later, she arrived carrying two cups of Chocolate Chip Frappuccino’s that she bought in a nearby café and a paper bag was freely hanging on her arm. “Y-you didn’t have to-“ I stuttered, unaware that she had bought one for me too. “Aigoo, you didn’t think I would enjoy this by myself did you? And don’t worry, it’s my treat! Bought cake too! Hope you like cheesecake, you really need to eat more, and you’re so skinny.”

 

Kamsahamnida…” I said before accepting the cold beverage while she sat right next to me. A small breeze passed by causing her scent to linger on my nose for a moment, it was something I’ll never be able to forget. No, she didn’t smell of strawberries, vanilla, or any other type of cheap cologne most girls used, her scent was a subtle, sweet balance of flowers that was unexplainable but pleasing to my olfactory senses. It was a scent that only she possessed. “Here, have some!” she suddenly said, disrupting me from my thoughts, and right there she held a forkful of cheesecake, I was about to take the fork from her when she moved it closer to my mouth. “Ppalli! It’ll fall!” And there I had no choice but to let her feed me. It was dreamlike. Strangers who walked by were staring at us and chuckling to themselves, ‘ah to be young and in love’ I heard one of them say and I could feel my face heat up once again. It happened more often whenever I was with her. She chuckled after hearing the statement and grinned at me. “They thought we were a couple…” she said out loud, causing my heart to do backflips.

 

“Jinyoung,”

 

“Ne?”

 

“What would you do if I said I liked you?”

 

Did she just say that?I stared at her blankly, trying to figure out if what I heard was just my imagination or reality. She looked up to the sky while taking a sip of her drink and smiled to herself.  “… Ah, what am I saying, never mind, how about we go back inside now? They’re probably looking for us…” she said with a hint of disappointment in her tone as she stood up and skipped towards the entrance of the building then turned around and waved her arms at me. “Ppalli~”

 

It was one of those moments that if I had a chance to go back in time, I would relive it again and right then and there, I could’ve told her that I didn’t like her, but in fact, I loved her. Then maybe, just maybe, she wouldn’t have had to leave me here, lamenting on what could have been.

 

The first snow had fallen and they were already hanging up holiday decorations on the walls of the company building. I watched as she helped the staff carry the box of what seemed to be Christmas decors and happily hung them on the huge Christmas tree that stood proudly in the main lobby. Giddily, she wiggled her waist in excitement whilst hanging the star on top of the tree causing the ladder to stir slightly. I immediately rushed to her side and held the ladder firmly with my hands; my heart almost fell off my chest when I saw the ladder shake. She tilted her head to the side and smiled down at me, pointing at the huge star that glimmered on top of the tree. But it was nothing compared to the star that was standing on top of that ladder. “Be careful!” I told her as she climbed down and jumped when there were only two steps left.

 

“Why? Jinyoung-ssi, are you concerned?” she teased as I stuck out my tongue playfully and smirked at her. “Oh, by the way, I need you to listen to my new composition!” excitedly, she grabbed my hand causing electric waves all over my body and pulled me towards the music room where she practiced every day. She quickly propped herself in front of the piano and scooted on the other end of the seat, patting the empty space beside her. I sat right next to her as she stretched out her arms and flexed her fingers before starting with her new piece. I listened quietly as she gently pressed the keys; the melody was soothing and slow though it seemed sad and melancholic. She was humming as her fingers moved like magic with the instrument, I watched her in awe, in amazement, in admiration.

 

Neo gyeote isseo you are the only one

 

Little did I know that it was the last time I would be able to see her, in that room, in that building. According to manager-hyung, she had left to study abroad and will come back when she’s ready to pursue this kind of career. I was furious. She didn’t even say goodbye? She didn’t even give me a way to contact her? I thought we were friends? I thought she would look after me? It might seem childish. I wasn’t even able to tell her I loved her. It was a lonely Christmas. Every day I spent my breaks inside her practice room, staring at the piano, as if I was waiting for it to play by itself. The room that was once filled with joy and laughter, that seemed like it was the happiest place in the world was now nothing but an empty space with a dusty piano.

 

Months passed by and I wasn’t even aware that it was already spring. As usual, I greeted the staff and the new male trainees that recently got accepted in the company, they were apparently the ones I would be debuting in a group with. They were a lively bunch and each had their own talents, it didn’t take long for me to become good friends with them especially having to move in a new dormitory together with them. Spending time with them helped me take my thoughts off her and I focused on our group.

 

“What are you doing?” the boy who wore glasses asked, his name was Shin Dong Woo but we just call him Shinwoo for short. I was sitting on my bed, lost in thoughts of her, again. I grabbed a notebook and a pen, and then started scribbling down my thoughts; it felt as if it would be the only way to get her out of my head. “Writing lyrics” I told him as he nodded and quietly left the room, understanding the fact that I had to concentrate by myself. I entitled it Bling Girl.

 

A few weeks later, the manager called us for a meeting. “A generous composer has sent a wonderful arrangement for your group, here are the lyrics and we’ve re-recorded the original music with our very own team of musicians, I need you to study this and we’ll start recording first thing tomorrow,” he pressed the play button and I immediately recognized the first notes of the melody. It had been a long time since my heart felt this way. “WHO SENT THIS?! Where did this come from?!” I demanded, quickly standing up from my chair. Everyone stared at me, expressions of shock, fright and surprise visible on their faces. “Jinyoung, calm down, there was no return address on the parcel, but it was addressed to you, the sender left a note,” the manager said as he restrained the boy from raging inside the room. From his pocket, he held out a small note and gave it to the group leader.

 

Dear Jinyoung-ssi,

This song had always been meant for you.

I’m sorry that I left without saying good bye because it was too much for me to take,

I’m sorry that I just sent this now.

But I heard that you were already recording for your debut album.

I’ve always envisioned you to be the one singing this. Not me.

But maybe someday, we’ll share the same stage.

Until then, take care of yourself and be good to your members.

Always remember, you’re the only one.

 

I stared at it for what seemed like hours that night. Then grabbed a pen and paper from the bedside table, there’s no return address, where are you? But I didn’t care. I felt like I had to reply to this even if my message won’t even be able to reach her. There I wrote a short, simple note. The next morning I had placed it on top of her piano inside the abandoned music room, and gently placed the cover on it. The note read:

 

I’ll wait for you.

 

Love,

Jinyoung

 

Third Person’s Point of View

 

Jinyoung was envious of s. They all had that special someone with them. Where his special someone was, he will never find out. But he would wait. No matter how long it would take, he would wait. Until the end. It was time for their taping and Jinyoung sighed heavily before walking towards the stage and taking a seat on the neatly arranged chairs in the front. They were instructed to sing Chu Chu Chu and as a surprise for the fans, they were going to add Only One after the first chorus of the previous song. The other members were happily waving at the crowd of fans that gathered in front of the stage, Jinyoung forced out a smile and waved along with the other members. Soon, the music for Chu Chu Chu had started playing and Jinyoung sang along to the pianist that was accompanying them on the side, it was not the usual instrumental recording that they sang along to.

 

gateun mal loving you” Sandeul ended  and stood up as the pianist began with the notes for Only One. Jinyoung could feel his pulse going faster by the second. Why is this happening? Now? He asked himself, but shook his head as he tried to focus on their performance. Shinwoo had already started singing; Jinyoung could feel his voice cracking due to the nervousness that overcame his body. And there it was.

 

I pray no tears in your dreams

I know you’ll fly high in your life

 

Sandeul wasn’t singing his lines.

 

The pianist, with her gentle voice, the same gentle voice that Jinyoung had been waiting to hear for how many months, how many seasons. He finally heard again. And there he knew. He wouldn’t be able to let her go. Never again.

 

If I close my eyes,

It's like you're suddenly by my side

 

- E N D -

 

 

 

Author’s note:I’m sorry this took so long but thank you all for reading! It’s sad that it had to end but do not worry my babies, I’ll be writing up a long fic (yes, not just one-shots!) featuring B1A4 soon! So stay tuned~ Until then, don’t forget to vote for B1A4 for MAMA! Again, thank you so much for reading this! Hope you enjoyed it~ :3 The ending was a bit rushed, I know but urgh. I’m so sleepy right now. ;w; Oh and who’s excited for B1A4’s follow-up song ‘My Love’? I know I am! Aigoo, our boys are working really hard. <3 Don’t forget to buy their Japanese album to be released this coming January! So excited. <3