w i n t e r ;; GONGCHAN

Four Seasons - A Collection of B1A4 One-Shots

 

[ONE-SHOT] Four Seasons

By noona.

 

 

W i n t e r ; ; G O N G C H A N

 

The winter's white snow has fallen

Inside the sweater,

You had shyly given to me as a gift

Your scent still lingers

So baby I'll wait

 

Excuse me

 

A young boy, stood in the middle of the crowd of busy people who had just walked out of the train station and was in a state of panic. Not knowing where he was, where he was supposed to go, he took a deep breath until a hand forcefully grabbed him by the arm pulling him away from the crowd.“Please don’t hurt me!” he pleaded as he covered his head with his arms and was ducking away from his captor who burst in fits of giggles. He quickly composed himself and stared at his kidnapper, she was a girl who seemed to be younger than he was, or so he thought. “Aren’t you that maknae from that rookie boy group R2D2?” she asked confidently making the boy mentally face palm himself, his brows almost immediately knotted in frustration.

 

We’re called B1A4! R2D2 is –“

 

“From Star Wars, I know that silly, I’m just kidding, aigoo idols these days” she shook her head and ruffled the boy’s neatly combed hair and continued on her way. “Are you lost?” she asked, turning around to look at the flustered maknae. He scoffed and crossed his arms in front of his chest, “O-of course not! I just got separated from my hyungs…” he replied, turning away to hide the humiliation that he was for a fact, lost in Seoul.Can’t you contact your hyungs?” she pointed out with one hand on her hips and tilted her head to the side. “I would’ve done so earlier if I could! But we’re not allowed to use cellphones during schedules…” he said dryly and shot a frustrated glance at the girl who was with great difficulty, trying to suppress her giggles.

 

Aish, what would your company do if you were kidnapped,” she shook her head once again before pulling out a pink flip phone from her backpack and dialing a few digits.

 

Eonni! Do you know where B1A4’s company building is located?

 

Nae, nae, arrasso, kamsa hamnida eonni!

 

Gongchan tried to keep himself distracted by all of the people who were hurrying on their way to work, focusing on the busy footsteps instead of the girl’s conversation on her phone. “You’ll have to stick with me for a while kid, they’re trying to check the internet for your company’s location” she stated and grabbed him once again by the arm, making their way on the line that was forming on the ticket booth. “I’m perfectly fine by myself! Stop treating me like a kid! I’m probably years older than you” he retorted stubbornly, and the girl let out another giggle, “That’s really sweet, but no, I’m old enough to be your mom, and are you sure about that? You looked like a lost kid who was about to cry earlier” she exaggerated and rolled her eyes.

 

Gongchan’s eyes widened and immediately bowed in front of the girl. “I’m so sorry!” he apologized while blushing furiously in embarrassment. The girl laughed again and waved her hand, “It’s nothing, I always get that, it’s perfectly fine” she assured him and lead him outside the station and towards the street wherein several shops were already preparing to close, they walked side by side on the snow covered path walk until she found a vacant bench. “Let’s go wait over there” she pointed and the boy nodded shyly as he followed closely behind her.

 

Silence.

 

The girl cleared and looked at the boy from the corner of her eyes only to see him shivering from the cold weather they were experiencing. A small breeze passed by causing Gongchan to sneeze and tried to warm both of his hands by rubbing and breathing on them. She gently removed her red sweater and handed it to the boy while looking away. “Wear this” she said quietly, Gongchan stared at her and nodded in accepting the garment and wore it, to his surprise, it fit him perfectly. “Kamsa hamnida” he whisperedly shyly and the girl let out a forced laugh to avoid the awkward air that was forming between the two. “It’s so cold outside, next time wear warmer clothes rather than those thin designer clothes of yours” she lectured him and looked up at the sky, snow was falling again. She pulled out her phone again to check if there was any response from the person she had called earlier.

 

Running low on battery.

 

She let out a groan of frustration and stood up from their seat. “Looks like we don’t have a choice, we need to go back to my place, it’s near so don’t worry your pretty little face” she stated before offering the boy her hand, he gazed at it for a while not exactly aware of what he should do, they were going to hold hands? His heart beat seemed to have gone faster and he could feel the blood rushing up his face, before he could react, she grabbed his hand and pulled him along with her as they quickly made their way to her place. After passing by a few more blocks and when Gongchan was almost out of breath, she came to a halt in front of an apartment.

 

Gongchan’s Point of View

 

Her hand’s really warm.

 

We finally arrived at her apartment just when I was about to pass out, don’t worry my pretty little face she says, oh wait, she just called me pretty, she thinks I’m attractive?Well, what are you waiting for?” she asked as she pushed open the door motioning for me to come in, I looked down at our hands with our fingers still intertwined, do I let go? She noticed this and gently let her hand drop to her side. She’s blushing! Calm down. It’s probably just the weather, but she looks really cute.

Pushing aside my thoughts, I carefully walked in and placed my shoes just beside the doormat, my body felt warmer in an instant thankful for the heater, the place was a bit huge for one person to be living in, maybe she lives with her relatives. “You live by yourself?” I asked her when she had removed her coat and threw it on the coat hanger.

 

“I live with my eonnis” she told me then pulling me to the surprisingly huge and not to mention messy living room, clothes were scattered everywhere and several game consoles were on the floor along with girly shoes that seemed like deadly weapons because of the heels, on the corner was a big Christmas tree decorated with brightly colored balls and ribbons and beside the Christmas tree was a mountain of presents as tall as the tree itself. “Wow” I accidentally blurted out as I gazed at the stack of gifts. “Oh! Those belong to my eonnis they’re um…from their…uh…suitors” she stuttered while scratching the back of her head and forcing out a nervous laugh. Her eonnis must be gorgeous, I mean, for them to have all of that? How many suitors do they have? A hundred?Make yourself at home and I’ll go get some hot chocolate to warm you up” she said before leaving the room and heading towards the kitchen. I walked around, avoiding the obstacles of clothes and shoes as I searched for the picture frames, there was bound to be at least one, I wonder what her eonnis look like.

 

None.

 

I walked over to the pile of gifts and peeked at one with a note saying “To our favorite maknae Jung Soo-jung” the name sounded familiar but I couldn’t quite remember where I heard it. Ah well, a lot of people have the same names, but maknae? I looked at a different present that had a note with “Park Sun-young is jjang! Fighting!” before I could look at more, I was interrupted by a tapping sound, I ly to see her with her arms crossed and an eyebrow raised while tapping her foot on the hardwood floor, “I-I was just –“ I tried to explain but she had cut me off.

 

It’s rude to look at other people’s presents,” she said as she walked towards my direction, there it is again. My heart was thumping so fast that I thought I was going to have a heart attack right then and there, when she was only a few inches away from me, she pointed one finger towards the ceiling. I looked up to see a small mistletoe hanging on top of us. According to western traditions, couples who stand under the mistletoe have to…kiss? I gulped and closed my eyes, bracing myself, half-scared and half-anxious to find out what my first kiss would be like. After a few excruciating seconds, I felt a pair of soft lips land on my forehead, it seemed surreal. “I don’t have any plans on going to jail” she giggled before heading back to the kitchen when a whistling sound emerged.

 

I sat on the couch, dazed. The effect she had on me was unbelievable. I like how warm her hands are when they’re holding mine, I like the minty scent of her perfume that lingered in the sweater she gave me, I like how charming her smiles are even though she’s always making fun of me, I like the faint blush that would appear on her cheeks whenever she gets shy, I like how simple she styles herself even though several designer and girly clothes were everywhere in their apartment, I think…

 

Third Person’s Point of View

 

Hot chocolate is served~” the girl chirped as she carefully placed the tray of hot chocolate with floating marshmallows on top of the glass table in the middle of the living room. She sat beside Gongchan who was curled on the couch and sleeping peacefully, murmuring soft words. She leaned closer to hear what the boy was saying…

 

I like her.

 

A small smile appeared on her lips as she stood up and took out a blanket from their closet, gently placing it on top of the sleeping beauty in their couch. “Maybe after a few more years” she whispered and brushed the hair away from his face. Moments later, her phone rang.

 

“Yeoboseyo?”

 

Are you still with him?

 

“Nae, I brought him to the apartment, he’s sleeping right now, were you able to contact his company? His hyungs?”

 

Nae, they’re here ri –

 

Gong Chan Sik! Where are you?! Are you alri – Shinwoo-hyung! Don’t shout at him!– Shush! Please don’t hurt him! He’s still a child! – Sandeul-ah! What are you saying?”

Several voices could be heard on the other line until a female voice shouted at all of them to keep them quiet.

 

I already informed them about the address, they’ll probably be there in a few minutes

 

“Nae, kamsa hamnida eonni!”

 

Aigoo, I keep telling you to call me Amber, you’re just a few months older than me

 

She chuckled before ending the call and glanced at Gongchan who seemed to be having a nice dream, a slight curve had formed on his lips as his cheeks flushed. Surely enough, after twenty or so minutes, a van had pulled outside of their apartment and she rushed to open the door to see the flustered members of B1A4 catching their breaths in a hurry to pick up their beloved maknae. “He’s sleeping inside” she told them quietly, not wanting to wake up the tired young boy. “Jinyoung-hyung and Shinwoo-hyung are the strongest! You guys carry him” Sandeul suggested with a wide grin. The two boys sighed and nodded as they entered the apartment and carefully lifted the maknae from the couch, both thanking the girl as they walked back to the van. “Thank you for taking care of our maknae! Is that your sweater?” Baro said when he had seen the unfamiliar red sweater Gongchan was wearing. She nodded and smiled, “Just tell him it’s my Christmas gift” with that, Baro and Sandeul grinned and nodded before following their hyungs and returning to the van. The group waved goodbye as they drove off.

 

A few hours later…

 

Gongchan groggily got up from his bed and looked around. He was back in their dorm. Was it all a dream? He rubbed his eyes with his hands and discovered that he was still wearing the sweater she handed to him. Maybe after a few more years she said. He smiled and hugged himself as he breathed in the minty scent that remained in the garment.

 

I’ll wait…

 

 

 

Author’s Note: This took me how many days to plot…and finish and…revise. I hope you guys like it! Feeling the Christmas spirit because it’s almost November! Then December! Aahh~ Oh and don’t forget to watch M! Countdown for B1A4’s special fancafe stage! Congratulations banas! We did it~ :3 Will start working on Jinyoung’s after exams are over! So um, maybe by next week? But of course I’ll be posting up a teaser in a few…2,204 words and 4 pages. Feeling a wee bit productive. Comment with your thoughts, reactions, etc. y/y? Thank you!

(If you guys are still wondering who those eonnis of hers were, better wait for Jinyoung's one-shot or search the names on Google. ;3)

 

Disclaimer:I do not own SHINee and B1A4. Soon.