s u m m e r ;; SANDEUL

Four Seasons - A Collection of B1A4 One-Shots

 

[ONE-SHOT] Four Seasons

By noona.

 

 

S u m m e r ; ; S A N D E U L

 

Even during those long hot summer days,

You stuck by my side

When beads of sweat formed on my forehead

I remember how you wiped it all off for me

I’ll wait for you

 

 

There had always been that one girl.

That one girl he wouldn’t forget, not in a million years.

She had been there since the beginning.

 

F l a s h b a c k ; ;

 

The sun shone brightly as customers entered the little café right around the corner of the park. There were more customers than usual because of the event being held in the park, it was a talent search, or something of the sort she assumed while wiping the recently vacated table as her eyes observed the crowd that formed outside. Most of the participants were around her age, she observed as they practiced their performances. But there was one particular boy that caught her eye. While everyone took cover under the shade of the trees, he on the other hand was standing in the middle of the street and singing his lungs out. He wasn’t much to look at, he was chubby and his eyes were so small you couldn’t tell if they were open or not, maybe because of those thick glasses she thought quietly as she watched him.

 

Aish, is that boy crazy? What if he gets run over by a truck?

 

Sighing, she put down the wash cloth and walked outside of the café trying to catch the boy’s attention by waving her arms in the air. He was instantly distracted and turned around to make sure if she was referring to him then pointed to himself when he had seen the girl. She nodded. A bright smile formed on his lips as he carefully crossed the street and walked over to the other side. “Um, do I know you?” he asked curiously, taking a closer look at her face, so close that their noses were almost touching. She quickly took a step back and shook her head, “Why don’t you go inside the café for a while? It’s so hot outside that you might get a heat oh-um-I mean-” she stuttered, not wanting to offend the boy because he was, for a fact, quite chubby. He let out a charming and might I add, adorable laugh as he clutched onto his stomach.

 

It’s not even that funny.

 

Ppalli! I’ll be the one getting a heat if we stay out in this heat” she retorted and pulled him by the arm inside the store then motioning for him to sit in the vacant table she had been cleaning earlier. Noticing the sweat that formed on his forehead, the girl pulled out a white handkerchief decorated with simple pink flowers and gently wiped his face clean with it. He could feel the blood rising in his face and his pulse racing as he breathed in the sweet scent that lingered in the soft cloth. “Were you practicing?” she spoke, breaking him out of his trance, and she was about to place the handkerchief in her pocket until he grabbed her wrist, “It’s dirty! I’ll wash it for you and return it!” he exclaimed, completely ignoring the question she asked. This boy sure is odd, she eyed him cautiously but shrugged and just simply handed him the damp cloth which he carefully tucked inside his pocket.

 

And yes, I was practicing, they’re holding auditions right there – he pointed to the small stage in the park outside the wide window – and if you get chosen, they’ll give you a chance to train in their company! Then maybe in a few years, when you’re really, really, really good, you may just get a chance to debut as a solo artist or belong in a group!” he said animatedly flailing his hands and bouncing in his seat. The girl giggled at the enthusiasm, he sure was a breath of fresh air unlike the other boys she had met in school and in the café. “Ah well then, I’ll be your number one fan” she grinned and took the empty seat across the boy. “Really?! I’ve never had a fan before…Oh, what’s your name by the way? I’m Lee Junghwan! And I just turned 16 last March” he announced excitedly with his elbows on the table, his chin rested on both of his hands clasped together as he leaned closer to her.

 

That’s why I’m number one, silly. I’ll tell you my name if you pass the audition, Lee Junghwan-ssi but as a bonus for being so obedient and coming in here, I’ll tell you my age, I’m also 16.

 

Aigoo, now I’m feeling nervous! What if I don’t pass? I’ll never know your name?

 

Exactly! So you have to do your best!

 

Do you work here?

 

Ani, I’m just helping out a friend because they were short on staff, I actually want to be a photographer.

 

It was as if two old friends had united and talked endlessly until it was finally time for the auditions to start. The girl happily accompanied him to the venue and noticed the sudden tension that Junghwan was feeling; she gave his hand a light squeeze when his name was called on stage. “Don’t be nervous, I heard you singing earlier and you were amazing, just do your best and give it your all! Fighting!” she cheered; he closed his eyes for a moment and nodded before walking up the stage and giving the performance he would never forget.

 

E n d  o f  F l a s h b a c k  ; ;

 

Lee Junghwan, also known as B1A4’s lead vocalist Sandeul, stood in front of the same location wherein he had met the only girl who made his heart skip a beat. Their promotions for it B1A4 had just ended and so they were allowed to visit their hometowns.

 

Unfortunately, it wasn’t a little café anymore; it had turned into a high-end restaurant with several fancy decorations laid out on the store front. He let out a soft sigh and tucked his hands inside his pockets, wherein he had kept the handkerchief she had given him two years ago, it had turned into his good luck charm and he would often have it with him during their performances. It was the only memory left of her now that the café was gone.

 

He turned his attention to the central park, the place where I first auditioned and got rejected he thought quietly, subconsciously walking towards the old and dusty stage that looked like it hadn’t been used in months. He sat on the edge and looked up at the bright sky; the weather was like this too. The sun was in its highest peak and no clouds were in sight to block its intense rays as he reminisced about the girl who mysteriously disappeared after his failed audition, the girl he so desperately tried to search for that day.

 

Just then, a camera flash had averted his thoughts and he turned to where it came from only to see a group of girls taking his photos under the shade of a nearby tree. He was already used to this treatment, at first; it made him conscious especially because he knew that he wasn’t as attractive as he was on his pre-debut days. It took him months, years even to lose all of that fat and maintained his figure, he eventually got contacts and would only wear his glasses at home because it was what the company had wanted.

 

“Junghwan-ssi! Aegyo!” he heard the girl shout while holding the huge plastic gadget in front of her face. He smiled and pulled off a dorky expression, giving the banas the time of their lives. He continued to do this until the girl finally let go of the camera that hung loosely on her neck, and folded her arms, a visible smirk had formed on her lips. He blinked a few times and his mouth was wide open as if he had seen a ghost.

 

She walked closer to the boy then pulled out a green handkerchief from her bag and wiped the sweat that had once again, formed on his forehead. “You never told me your name,” he thepainn managed to speak out; his cheeks had turned a light shade of pink from the sudden contact he had longed for so many years. “You didn’t get in” she stated as the other girls continued to watch them in awe and admiration (and jealousy for some).I got in on my second try” he corrected her confidently holding his fingers up in a victory sign. She chuckled and shook her head, still the same Junghwan I see, then faced him directly and ruffled his hair.

 

You left me.

 

The boy whispered but loud enough for her to hear, he forced out a small smile as they stared at each other. She furrowed her brows and sighed, “I went out to buy you something, but when I came back you weren’t there anymore so I thought you left me.” She explained, his eyes immediately lit up and his lips curled to a genuine smile.

 

I was looking for you.

 

Taking the seat right next to him, she closed her eyes and bit her lower lip. “I’ve been waiting…” her voice cracked as she said those words, “for so long…” she continued as small tears formed from the corner of her eyes. Sandeul pulled out the small cloth from his pocket and wiped her tears away with it, she immediately recognized the handkerchief as her own and faced the boy, confused. “It’s my good luck charm! So I hope you don’t mind that I keep it.” With that, he hopped out from the stage and stood in front of her.

 

And this, is for my number one bana.

 

He placed both of his hands on top of his head curled to form a mirrored “r” and started shaking his hips while moving in an upward and downward motion. It was their infamous sprout dance. The girl tried to suppress her giggles only to end up laughing and rolling on the spot. Sandeul grinned and took both of her hands in his when she had calmed down.

 

You’re the prettiest when you smile”

 

“B-babo…

 

 

 

Author’s note: Oh my. I wasn’t even aware that it took 3 pages in Word. Rofl Hurrah! 1,763 word count. Way longer than Baro’s because it had a flashback and all. Anyway, here’s Sandeul’s one-shot! It’s a bit fast-paced but…it’s a one-shot so um…yes. Hope you enjoyed it! :3 I’ll post CNU’s soon when I get the plot straightened out. ;w;

 

Disclaimer:I do not own SHINee & B1A4. Sometimes I dream about owning them though.