Kai practices whenever he sees a mirror

Dancing In Your Sleep

Lay peeked inside the studio later that night. It was almost 8, and the class Suho was in was still going on. It must be a team class, Lay figured. Those participated in competitions, and of course had longer classes, sometimes two or three hours long with a few breaks in between. It was tiring and sweaty, and Lay grimanced when he thought of the team classes he had. Lay could spot Suho with the other two boys standing in the front. He watched them practice, and Lay realized he could recognize the dance. It was one he had done many times himself, but it was modified for three people and for the specific dancers. As he watched them, he finally took notice of the other two boys. One had a bored blank expression on his face, and would look menancing except for the fact that he had fading pink hair. He was slightly taller than Suho despite looking younger, and he wore a black t-shirt and sweatpants with a beanie. The other boy was also a bit taller, but he had much darker skin and dark brown hair. He wore a blue long sleeve and sweatpants and looked the most focused out of all of them. A fourth guy sat in the corner with a few papers spread around him, giving an encouraging smile or an enthusiastic thumbs-up to the dancers every so often. Lay recognized the teacher, who was busy talking to the bored-looking guy, as Xiumin.

The music started up again and Lay was distracted by Suho’s look of concentration as he danced. Suho’s tongue poked out slightly as he stared down his reflection in the mirror. Lay got a bit lost watching a dance he’s done himself many times but looked ten times better with Suho doing it and he just caught Lay watching.

Suho let out a tinkling laugh as Lay stepped back from the door with a burning red face. The music stopped abruptly and Xiumin poked his face out with a grin.

“Lay! I thought you left earlier.” He commented.

“Yeah, well I think I left my sweatshirt in here? Sorry to bother you.” Lay scratched his head, waving at the studio behind Xiumin.

“This is yours, right Lay?” Suho suddenly appeared, holding Lay’s grey sweatshirt. Lay dropped his hand, nodding quietly.

“Suuuuuuhooooooo, invite your friend in!” A deep voice shouted from inside the room. Xiumin stifled his giggles as Suho groaned.

“Chanyeol, just because you’re allowed to watch doesn’t mean you can invite other people in!” Xiumin shouted back. The boy Lay had seen sitting on the floor appeared behind Suho, leaning on said boy’s shoulder and smiling at Lay.

“He’s cute.” Chanyeol commented. Lay felt the blood that had just settled rush back into his cheeks. Suho looked the same. “And besides, it’s not my invitation. I’m merely speaking for our shy little Suho here.” Suho squeaked in protest.

“Either way, you’re welcome to stay.” Xiumin said, looking like he was trying his hardest not to burst out laughing right on the spot. He ignored Suho’s mouse noises and guestured into the studio. Lay nodded, having fallen silent ever since Suho appeared. Chanyeol grinned and dragged Lay into the studio. Suho introduced the other two students: Sehun, the bored-looking guy that merely popped a bubble in his gum in response, and Kai, the dark-skinned one that smiled at Lay and bowed politely. Chanyeol and Lay sat down in the corner and the latter begged him for help with his college work. The two watched and worked for the final half hour of the class. Lay watched Suho out of the corner of his eye and Chanyeol occasionally shouted happily at the three dancers while Xiumin scolded him for being so loud.

“That’s a wrap! Sehun, please work on that last part, you missed a step. Don’t worry, you’re doing well. Lay, I hope you liked watching. These guys are pretty unique.” Xiumin sent Lay a wink as he shooed Kai away from the mirror. Lay thanked Xiumin and watched Chanyeol gleefully run to catch up with the two dancers.

“See you around, I guess?” Suho offered, and Lay looked over at him. He stood smiling at Lay, shrugging on his jacket as Xiumin hummed around the room.

“Sure. See you around. You’re a great dancer, by the way.” Suho’s cheeks turned red at the compliment and he bowed politely before quickly running to meet his friends.

“He’s a good one, Lay.” Xiumin grinned. “Single too. He goes to the same school as your roommates.”

It was Lay’s turn to turn red. “Shut up. I didn’t ask.”

“You didn’t have to.” Xiumin laughed. “You guys were eyeing each other all class.” He teased. Lay rolled his eyes and followed Xiumin out of the studio.

He remembered his jacket this time.


Oh my god.

Thank you so much for subscribing!!! I'm so excited. :DDD

I really hope you enjoyed it so far, I promise a lot more will happen. It's just the beginning. ;)

I love it when you guys talk, so please comment!! Thanks again for subscribing if you have, and if you haven't please do!

xoxo Lucy Louis Lee