Studio E-12 for 12 boys in EXO

Dancing In Your Sleep

Lay developed this habit of making the dance studio his office. It wasn’t entirely his fault and no one really minded. He was careful not to be there during classes and besides, he was so well-known at the studio for his amazing dancing. He was quiet, well-reserved and on top of that he was the one to win some of the school’s most prized awards. Dancing was one of the 21 year old’s favourite hobbies, and it was surprising nonetheless to see his name on the honour list at the medical school down the street. Dancing had stayed just a hobby for Lay. As much as he enjoyed it, he had set out to become a doctor.

Which is probably why he was constantly swamped in schoolwork. Papers would fly out of his bag all the time. And Lay tried to complete all of it, he really did, but somedays the papers would turn the dance school into a white snowstorm of reports on bacteria and study notes on the movement of the lungs. That’s probably why one day, his favorite dance teacher shoved him into the empty studio at the end of the hallway with a shout of, “It’s no problem, really, but your schoolwork is the most important!”

So after that, he was quietly moved (without his consent), into studio E-12. Which was peaceful, he supposed, and there were only ever two classes a week that used the small, quiet studio, which he managed to avoid week after week. Of course, he hadn’t really thought about his final exam week and how that might affect everything.

On Tuesday, Lay softly awoke to someone nudging his shoulder. Blinking, he slowly came to his senses. He was, once again, in studio E-12, but this time three boys around his age were in the studio with him. The boy who woke him up caught his attention. His hair was a light brown and slightly ruffled, the way it would look if he continuously ran his hand through it. His eyes sparkled softly, and looking at them made Lay’s breath catch. They shone with a dull amber glow and the darker highlights ran with chocolate. He was wearing a light maroon sweatshirt and knee-length black sweatpants. The guy noticed Lay was awake and laughed, nervously tugging on his sweatshirt.

“Hyung, sorry to bother you, but there’s a class in this studio right now.” Lay blinked again and glanced over at the clock, eyes widening immediately. . He slept until 5:30! The first class in this room was at 4:30.

“Did no one wake me up sooner?” Lay jumped up quickly, grabbing the papers nearest to him. From what he could tell, he at least got most of his work done before dozing off. He quickly shoved them into his bag.

“The teacher wanted to let you sleep.” The guy answered. “He told us to leave you alone.” He handed Lay some of the papers, which the elder accepted gratefully.

“I can’t believe he let me disturb a class.” Lay’s face turned red at the thought. He hated disturbing others, especially since it wasn’t his studio to begin with.

“Don’t worry about it, hyung. There was an extra studio to use.” The guy assured him as they picked up the rest of Lay’s papers. Lay looked up at him with a smile.

“Thank you, Mr….” Lay trailed off. He just realized he didn’t know this guy’s name.

“Please call me Suho.” The guy offered. Lay nodded and smiled again.

“Thank you Suho. You’re very kind.” Suho ducked his head at the compliment and smiled sheepishly.

“You’re Lay, right? I love your dancing, you’re amazing. It’s great to finally meet you after hearing the name around so much.” Suho joked. Lay laughed, cheeks turning a soft pink from the compliment.

“Ah, yeah. Thank you again, Suho. Good luck in your class.” Lay bowed hurriedly to the other boys before leaving the studio with all his papers. On his way out, he ran into a shorter boy. The boy was wearing a green sweatshirt and black shorts, and a red baseball cap. Lay recognized him as Xiumin, one of his teachers and close friends.

“Lay-ah! Did you have a good nap?” Xiumin greeted. “I was going to wake you up, but you looked like you needed it.”

“Yaah, Xiumin.” Lay frowned. “There were classes in there, you know. I interrupted them!”

“There were??” Xiumin’s eyes widened. “Oh no. I’m so sorry Lay, I thought you’d be able to sleep until your six o’clock class!”

“That’s fine Minnie.” Lay sighed. “I’ve got to get to class now, so I’ll see you later.” Xiumin brightened and waved him off after making him promise to a late dinner after classes. Lay checked the time and groaned. He hated being late. He ran all the way to the medical school and managed to slide into his lecture hall five minutes before the class started. He settled into his seat and pulled out his books, while thinking about the boy he had met. He’s kinda cute, Lay thought, before mentally slapping himself. A cute guy like Suho was always straight, with a girlfriend. And besides, all he knew about him was that he was a dance student. Lay sighed in defeat and waited for his teacher to arrive.

It was half an hour into his lecture when he realized he left his sweatshirt in the studio.