Luhan's apartment = second Wu-Huang-Zhang apartment

Dancing In Your Sleep

(small reminder that italics = Mandarin)


“ZHANG YIXING!!!” Tao pounded on the bedroom door. “OPEN THIS DOOR RIGHT ING NOW!!!

Kris sighed. It had been three weeks since Lay had ran home crying and refused to tell them what happened. All the flowers were thrown out. Kris had taken the pressed lilacs and saved them in hope. Lay didn’t leave his room unless it was for school. The dance studio was out of the question, as Suho would be there.

Just leave him.” Kris told Tao. Tao harrumphed at the door and stomped away. Suho had tried to visit many times. If Kris was home, he told him to leave politely. If Suho was unlucky, Tao would smash the door in his face. If both of them were out, Suho would stand at the door for a good five hours, waiting. Unless Luhan dragged him downstairs by the ear.

Kris waited until Tao had closed the door to his bedroom before knocking on Lay’s door quietly. “Lay.”

I’m fine.” Lay’s hoarse voice called out. “Don’t worry about me.

Lay, you need to come out at some point.” Kris pointed out. “He was just one guy. We’re your friends. We’re really concerned for you. You should come out and talk to us.

I already am out.” Lay responded. Kris paused for a second before groaning loudly.

Not like that. Physically, get out of your room and hang out with us. We’re not asking you to go outside, not now. Just out of your room. Maybe even walk over to Luhan’s apartment.” Kris offered.

Sehun might be there.

Luhan hasn’t talked to him since he found out about you.”  Kris reassured him. “Come on Lay, you can’t mope about forever. It’s impossible.” Silence came afterwards. The door remained closed and Kris sighed again. A knock on the front door sounded.

Kris opened the door and shook his head. “Not now, Suho.”

“When? I need to talk to him.” In Kris’ opinion, Suho looked as worse as Lay. Both of them had bags under their eyes and were pale. Suho’s eyes looked over Kris’ shoulder, searching the apartment for the other Chinese male.

“Well, if we all knew what happened, I would help you.” Kris put a hand up to hush Suho. “I know, I know, you have no clue either. But seeing as I’m Lay’s friend, my priority is to help him.”

Kris’ phone went off and he glanced at it. “My other priority is to finish this project I have, so if you don’t leave now you can deal with Princess Tao.” Suho’s face went white and he nodded quickly before walking away.

At the dance studio, Xiumin and another teacher, Chen, listened sympathetically to Suho’s moans. Well, Xiumin listened while Chen played with Xiumin’s hair and pretended to be bored.

“I don’t know what to do, hyung.” Suho sighed. “He thinks I’m gross. He’s avoiding me, and I can’t talk to any of them.”

“Yeah, apparently Tao hates your guts.” Chen commented. Xiumin elbowed him in the stomach and turned back to Suho with a pitying look.

“I think you should just give it time, Suho.” The eldest chided. “Maybe when Lay is feeling better, he’ll talk to you. But you have to wait for that.”

Suho nodded miserably. He glanced at Chen hugging Xiumin’s back. “What’s up with you two, by the way?”

“Chen’s being a , that’s all.” Xiumin replied in a monotone. Chen grinned and hugged him even tighter.

“I asked him out but he hasn’t replied yet.” Chen purred. “So I’m just gonna bother him until he says no. Isn’t our Xiu-xiu adorable?” Xiumin pushed his arms away with a deadly glare. Suho snickered.

“How sweet.” He commented. “How long have you two known each other?”

“Three years, but he’s asked me out like five times during that period.” Xiumin explained. “His bothering fades away for awhile and then he pops back up with another cheesy one-liner. It’s annoying.”

“To be fair, you did actually like some of those pick-up lines.” Chen pouted. “I know because you kept blushing.”

“Yah, you.” Xiumin went to hit Chen again but the boy had just rolled away quickly. Suho watched them with a fond smile. This could’ve been him and Lay if he hadn’t done whatever he had done.

Xiumin turned back to Suho, as if sensing the negative thoughts. “Don’t you have class soon? If you need anything, don’t hesitate to come to us, alright? Pull Chen out of class if you have to.”

“Hyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuung.” Chen whined. “Don’t do that to me, I’m actually teaching during classes y’know.” Xiumin snickered. Suho smiled and nodded before tiredly grabbing his things and walking to school. Once on campus, he heard a familiar voice yelling for him.

“SUHO OPPA!” A girl came running up to him, waving a piece of paper. “Oppa, I just got a 100 on my test! I did really well!”

Suho smiled at her. “That’s great Yeri! I told you you’d do well. But don’t you still have classes?”

Yeri shook her head. “Nope. It’s a teacher’s day so I’m all done. Can I join you in class?” She asked eagerly. Suho laughed.

“Not today, Yeri. I have to focus. But dad should be home, okay?” He asked. “Go home and study. Then tomorrow you can hang out with me in class.”

Yeri grinned. “Yay! Thanks!” Her phone chimed, and when she read the text her eyes grew wide. “That was Joy-unnie. I’ll go home but then I’ve got dance practice! I’ll see you later oppa!” She waved as she ran away. Suho chuckled.

Yeri was possibly the cutest little sister in the world. She went to the high school across the street, but she was hoping to get into the same college as Suho. And she could probably make it. She and her friends sang and danced a lot together, and Suho knew they were all talented.

Just like Lay, right? His thoughts were sent back to the gloom from earlier. Suho sighed. Lay could probably also attend the performing arts school he went to, but he knew the Chinese boy’s passion was in medicine. Every thought Suho had returned to the same boy, and it was not helping his concentration. Maybe later he’d take a nap in Xiumin’s studio. Suho adjusted his bag and walked away to class, thoughts still on the other boy’s smile.


ohohohohohohoho

thanks for your support while I was away. Truthfully, I didn't think I'd let this chapter come to a coherent end because every time I opened up the document my mind blanked and I was tempted to just write some ridiculously stupid things just to let words out. But here we have it.

Of course, Yeri and Joy are from Red Velvet and I just HAD to add them in. Also because Dumb Dumb is my life and everyone needs to watch the video.

plus:

kk thanks guys! oh and 80 subs! so many thanks!!!

xoxo Lucy Louis Lee