New Candidates

Guardians Of Lemorian (EXO fanfic) | Editting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

By dinner time, Sehun knew what to expect from the so called "Mess Hall." He told Kai earlier that the reason they call it that because the food they serve are nothing but mess.

"D.O. hyung," Sehun called his brother. "It's not too late for you to stop school and be the cook here." D.O. only stared at him blankly.

Sehun, D.O., Tao, Kris, Kai and Chen made their way to the the Mess Hall to eat. The others are already waiting for them there. They ordered food and sat on their table.

"I didn't know you want to be that active," Suho was telling Chanyeol. Chanyeol and Suho were already talking about something before they arrived. "Do you really think you can do that?"

"Do what?" Kai asked.

"Chanyeol wants to sign up for that Prefect Application," Luhan answered Kai. "Even I don't understand it, really."

"Hyung," said Kai. He heard about if from his other classmates and he had been interested. "I want to sign up, too. Let's do it, Sehun." He nudged his brother beside him.

"Why me?" Sehun asked, stuffing a cinnamon-smelling croissant on his mouth.

"It'd be interesting," Kai said. "It's okay if we fail, though. I just want to try something new. There was never a club like this in Betel."

"I hear they have better food," Baekhyun said.

"Where did you hear that?" asked Kris, ears perking up at the sound of better food. He already dropped his own croissant.

"A Prefect is in my class, she told me," Baek replied, as if befriending a Prefect happens to him everyday. Chanyeol choked in the palest spaghetti Kai had ever seen. And it wasn't that carbonara pasta. Baekhyun saw this and laid his glass of lemonade in front of Chanyeol in a toast. 

"Ggaepsong."

"I'm definitely in," Sehun said.

"Me, too," said Tao.

"No one invited you," Baekhyun told Tao, who in turn stuck his tongue out at his hyung. "I just know they are allowed to cook their own food. You see, they live in a different house than most students."

"You got that much info from your classmate in one class?" Suho asked Baek.

"There's more than the food and their house," Baekhyun said, looking at Chanyeol. He had sensed Chanyeol wasn't in a good mood right after he came back after that 'tour' with Eunhye, and he figured his brother might have his eyes on her. He didn't mind. He could tell they would be a good match. He just wanted to tease the tall guy. "She told me a lot more, but I don't think she'd want me to talk about it." That part he just made up, but Chanyeol bought it right away.

"Looks like Hyung found himself a girlfriend," Sehun said, smiling. Baekhyun held his hand out to Sehun for a high five, which the maknae gladly receive.

"I'm done eating." Chanyeol stood up, stashed his tray on the trash bin and headed out.

"What's his damage?" D.O. asks.

Baek shrugged and went on eating his spicy noodles. After that talk about the Prefect test, Kai dragged Sehun into further research, that is to the library.

"It's not supposed to be for freshmen," Kai was saying, reading his fourth book by now. He had looked into the history of the school, which caught his interest. "But that Gaeil girl got to pass the preliminations, so all we need is to pass that..."

Sehun shifted in his chair, all the while crossing his arms in front of him and sometimes dozing off. He was starting to think this Prefect thing is a lot of work. Especially if Kai wanted it...

"Then another test for real Qualifications for being a Guardian..."

"Wait," Sehun said, suddenly seeming interested. "Nobody said anything about being a Guardian. What is that, anyway?"

"After that, the Final Test, then two weeks of intense training to be a Prefect," Kai went on as if not hearing Sehun. "Training... I like the sound of that."

Sehun reached over and plucked the book out of Kai's hands.

GUARDIAN CODE : To protect the Academy at all times, especially in times of trouble. The details of this Code is revealed only to the O

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter