Prologue

Letter to the Editor

"I think the world is out to get me," Junmyeon sighed, spinning in his office chair. 

"I think you're overestimating your significance," Baekhyun said, taking a sip from a glass of lemon-cucumber water and regretting it immediately. 
 
Suho closed his eyes and tossed a magazine to Baekhyun's side of the table. It was folded over to a page with an unflattering candid of Suho and a headline that read, "Been there, done that." 
 
"Journey magazine's editor, Kin Junmyeon," Baekhyun read aloud, "has the look but lacks the talent. His eye for good destinations is prosaic and...I think that's enough of that." Looking over the page again, Baekhyun noticed that the edges were crumpled from being gripped too tightly and there were a few wet spots from what he assumed were tears. 
 
"I'm ruined," Suho groaned into the desk surface. 
"This could be a good thing. You've hit bottom!"
Suho inhaled sharply and clenched his fist. 
"Wait, hear me out. Now the only way is up, right? You just have to find the perfect getaway spot. Calming, but with its own personality, you know. Somewhere unexpected, unheard of. Not too far from the city, so people could go there on little weekend trips, get in some recharging time. Maybe on the water, that'd be a nice bonus."
"Yeah, flawless plan. Except a place like that doesn't exist. And if it did, someone's already 'been there, done that.'" 
"I'm going to have a meeting with the guys, talk it over, do some research. It'll work out," Baekhyun said, standing up. 
Suho doubted him whole-heartedly.