I Would Know

When It Rains

"Okay guys, just relax, be yourselves and have fun. Make some friends!" Min said as she fixed Youngjae's hair. She and the four younger brothers started to walk to the school. Though she was the oldest, all of them were taller than her. From a third person’s point of view, it looked like she was going to high school with her four brothers.

"Oh man, I'm so nervous!” Daehyun exclaimed, rubbing his hands together. 
"Don't be, you'll do fine Daehyun.” Min said as she opened the doors to the school. They walked straight, passing by many trophies and awards displayed in glass cabinets.

“Can we join clubs and play sports?” an excited Youngjae asked. 
“Do you even have to ask?” Min chuckled, “You can totally do that.” 

"Noona, if I make friends, can I bring them home?"
“You will make friends and of course you can Jongup.”

“Are there going to be bullies?" Zelo quietly asked as they walked in an empty hallway, but Min caught it and stopped in her tracks. Turning around, she gave Zelo a serious look, “Honestly, I don’t know, but just because you’re the new kid, doesn’t mean you get picked on. So if someone starts to bully you, tell us, okay? You don’t stay quiet about these things.” 

“Don’t worry Noona, I don’t think that’s gonna happen.” Jongup assured the older.

“It’s high school, what do you expect?” Daehyun snorted, only to get elbowed by Youngjae.

“Great.” Zelo muttered. 

Min sighed, “It’ll be alright.” The maknae still looked uncertain of everything, almost a little scared. This made her wonder, “Zelo, have you been bullied before?” His expression then told her everything, but what didn’t make sense to her was that all the brothers were all strong mentally and physically. They knew how to fight and they wouldn't let anyone do them wrong. How could Zelo have let himself be bullied? “Okay, someone explain. Now.” surprising everyone with the sudden change in her voice. It was demanding with a little anger behind it. 

Youngjae decided to break the silence and speak up, “It all started when some boy got jealous of Zelo so he started a fight with him. Zelo fought back and beat him up instead. They got called to the principal’s office and thats when that brat turned the whole story around and lied that Zelo started the fight.” 

Daehyun huffed and continued the story, “Turns out, that boy was the principal’s nephew, so that old man believed him of course. Their family wanted an apology, but Zelo didn’t give any because he didn’t do anything wrong. Our parents believed Zelo, but was also sorry for the broken arm and nose he caused, so they paid for their medical expenses.”  

“Zelo got suspended and when he came back, that boy decided to bother him again. He messed with his things and spread rumors, but Zelo simply ignored him, so he used it to his advantage and made it a daily thing to bully him.”

“That bastard.” Min said, surprising the boys. Zelo must have gone through so much, but she still didn’t understand one thing, “Why didn’t you fight back?"

The brothers knew why but this was for Zelo to answer, “I…didn’t want to cause any more trouble for our parents.” 

Min sighed at this kid and his good heart. “You silly baby.” Although she understood where he came from, she couldn’t let this slide, "If someone bullies you, you fight back, do you understand? Show them that you’re not one to mess with.”  

Hearing these words, Zelo looked at her in confusion, “But-”

“No buts! You fight back. Am I clear?” The short girl gave her pressuring stare until Zelo gave in and nodded. 

“Okay, good. Let’s go then.” She turned back around and resumed their destination to the main office.

“Is noona encouraging us to fight?” Youngjae whispered questioningly in the back.

Daehyun rolled his eyes at his brother, “She wants us to defend ourselves. Not fight for fun.” 

“She’s the best, isn’t she?” Jongup slung his arm around Zelo. 

“She is.” 

Moments later...

Min headed to her class and plopped down in a seat at the back. As the teacher started the lecture, she looked out the window and her mind began to wander. She started to wonder how the boys were doing at school. Did they find anything interesting there? Were they struggling in their classes? Did they make any friends yet?

Hopefully they weren't bullied, but if they were, she believed they’ll defend themselves. Those thoughts faded away as she realized that they weren’t the only brothers who returned to school. Yongguk and Himchan did too. Min pulled some strings and had them both attend the same college as she did. The two older ones shouldn’t have any problems with anything so she wasn’t as worried for them as she was for the younger ones. Though she was a year younger than them, she’ll see them around school sometimes. Their schedules would occasionally align so they could have lunch together. 

--

Two and a half months later…

Everyone was more than settled in. The younger ones fit in well in school and were quite popular. No one dared to bully Zelo after he defended a girl from being ually harassed. Handsome Himchan gained a ton of attention from the ladies in the university and so did the brusque Yongguk. While Himchan got into the music program, Yongguk got into the basketball team. 

After getting into a new set of clothes, Min smiled as she stretched her arms. She had just finished showering after her dance session, and now headed up to the school gym. Seating herself on one of the bleachers, she watched the basketball team practice as usual. They normally end around half an hour later than her dance schedule, which made it more convenient for everybody. Himchan would always end earlier than the two, so he got to pick up the others, while Min would just wait for Yongguk to go home together. 

“Okay thats it for today boys! Nice job. I’ll see you guys tomorrow!” The coach yelled out and he dismissed the team. All the players started to clutter around the bleachers to gather their stuff. The team captain, in addition to the rest of the team, had noticed the short girl would always come to the last thirty minutes of practice. By now, everybody on the team knew her and were quite fond of her, not to mention jealous of Yongguk for having a cute friend wait for him everyday. 

“Hey Min.” The team captain flashed a smile to her.

She smiled back, “Hey Kris.” 

Tao and Luhan came up behind him, and began singing, “Hey Min,” using the same words their captain used, obviously teasing him about it. 

“Hi guys.” Min sang back as Kris gave them a glare.

Another tall muscular man came near, but this time Min stood up excitedly to greet him. She went down a few steps with her short legs and finally reached to the bottom. The surrounding players couldn’t help but feel amused every time she stood next to Yongguk, who was almost a whole head taller than her. Much less, she looked like a munchkin among the whole team. Yongguk smiled lazily, happily accepting the water she handed to him. 

“Woo! If I had a girl waiting for me every practice…” Tao smiled sheepishly, “I’ll be the luckiest man on earth.” 

“Tell me about it.” Luhan said, winking at the brunette taking a few sips from the bottle Min gave him. Closing the cap, Yongguk grabbed his stuff and lightly touched her arm, “Let’s go.” 

Min grabbed her bag and followed after him to the locker rooms. She sat outside, patiently waiting for him to come out. Suddenly, her phone started to ring. Strange. Why would he be calling me right now? 

“Hello? Did something happen?” 

“Kinda. Um…do you happen to have an extra towel on you?” The deep voice asked.

“Idiot. How did you forget to bring your own towel?” She mumbled, rummaging through her bag.

“Well, I couldn’t find it this morning and I forgot to ask you.”  He responded as she found the extra towel she always brought with her. 

Crap. Mentally face palming herself, she sighed as she took out the towel, “I have your towel.” 

She could practically hear him smirk at the other end of the call, “Shut up.” 

“I didn’t say anything.” He said, grinning.  

“So are you coming out or…?” She trailed off, hoping she didn’t have to give him the other option. But when she heard silence, she knew he was just as lost. Putting herself in his shoes, she probably wouldn’t want to run to the door to get a towel. She cleared , “Forget it. I’ll come in.” 

She got up from the bench, taking her bag and holding the towel with her. She quickly looked to her left and right, scanning for people around the hall. After seeing the coast was clear, she swiftly opened the door and walked in. 

“Wait wh-” 

“I’m in. Where are you?” She whisper yelled. The showers were still running, so the rest of the players must’ve still been showering. Thank goodness, she thought. Looking around, she noticed it looked exactly like the women’s locker rooms. 

“Wait. Don’t go anywhere, just stay there.” He said, hanging up. 

Too late. Min, being the independent girl she was, had already started towards the shower stalls. She held a towel in front of her face, being that if any guy appeared in front of her, she could use it to cover her face. Taking slow and careful steps, as if sneaking her way around a sleeping lion, she scooted closer and closer until she heard light footsteps on the floor. She hid behind a locker corner and stuck out the towel toward the hallway, so he could see it. “Psst!” 

With her face facing the other way, she only hoped it was him. She felt the towel pull away. “I told you to stay where you were!” He whispered. 

“You were too slow!” She still had her face turned to the other side, eyes closed. As Yongguk wrapped his towel around his lower half, he saw the some of his teammates make their way out. “.” 

“What?” Min asked as she turned her head towards his direction. Before she can even register what was happening, Yongguk covered her eyes with one hand and guided her away with the other. 

“What are yo-” 
“Shhh.” he shushed as they both reached his locker, which was further away from the showers and closer to the exit. He turned her to face the lockers, “Don’t look and don’t move.” 

Min covered her eyes, feeling the blood rush up her cheeks. Ugh. How embarrassing! 

A bunch of male voices echoed through the room while she waited impatiently. Turning towards his direction, she peeked through her fingers, trying to see how much longer she had to wait only to recover her position seconds later. HOLY CRAP! Why did I just do that? It's okay! I only saw his back. I'm such a ert. Ew no I'm not! Crap, he didn't see me right?

Yongguk slipped on his shirt and turned back around, to find Min in the same position she had been in. He grabbed his letterman jacket from his locker and covered Min completely with it. "Run when I..." 

Her eyes widened and Yongguk turned around only to see his team captain half . Oh great. Now he's going to think of us the wrong way. Before the brunette got to explain, Kris held his hand up and gave an understanding nod. "Hey team! Huddle up near the showers! I need to tell you something." He shouted.

All the boys jokingly complained, but did so anyways. Kris then pointed at the door, signaling Yongguk to get Min out of here. "Thanks bro." Yonnguk said as he tugged on his jacket that blinded Min. She scurried behind him but not before giving a bow to Kris and whispering, "Thanks Kris!"

"Sure." The team captain smiled as he watched them leave the locker room. It wasn't until voices from the showers snap him back to reality.

"Yah hurry up Kris! What do you want to tell us???" 
"Yeah! I got a date to go to!" 
"And why in the showers????" 

He finally reached there, finding his team cluttered in a circle, "Ahem...um. I just want to tell you that uhh... I love you guys." 

The team all turned to Kris, giving him their "really? Is that all?" look. But not a second later, everybody smiled and shouted, "We love you too captain!!!" 

Yongguk and Min escaped out the locker room and were now in the hallways. For a moment, their eyes came in contact. Suddenly, their laughter shattered the silence. "Hahahahaha! That was so embarrassing." Min said.

"Should've seen your face when you saw Kris." He chuckled.

She smiled, "Should've seen your face when you forgot your own towel." 

"Well who had it in the first place?" 

"Hey, you could've grabbed another one." Min pointed out, wiping his smirk off of his face. 

Only Min could do this. Only she can make him talk this much and bring out his playful side. He didn't want to admit it, but he'd always enjoy it when she's with him. Something like how he'd always enjoy time with his brothers, but a little different. It felt comfortable around her, yet it didn't. Maybe because she's a girl. 

"Okay you win midget." He surrendered, "Come on, let's go home."

--

It's raining, Min thought as she heard the soft rain hitting her window. A knock came from the door.

"Noona, breakfast is ready! Oh! And our friends are coming over anytime now!" Daehyun said before leaving downstairs.

"Oh right." She mumbled though her pillow. With eyes still closed, she tried untangling herself from her blanket, which only made her roll off the bed. The fall definitely woke her up and a few seconds after the loud thud, she heard the door from the next room abruptly open and a sudden knock on her door. 

"You okay Min?" 

It was Yongguk and his deep voice. It was especially deeper in the morning though. Min always noticed this even if he doesn't really talk much. Is he worried? Min smiled to herself. Stop. You're thinking too much! He probably thought a robber came in or something.

"Min?" 

Min snapped back to reality and stood up, "Oh uh, I-I'm good! I just fell." She admitted, laughing it off awkwardly. So caught up with embarrassment, she missed the relieved sigh that came from outside.

"Just don't fall down the stairs." He said, hearing her laugh. He sighed. It wasn't a joke. Knowing her, she probably would fall. Especially in this weather, he thought, watching the rain pour down their balcony. 

--

"Apparently the boys wanna have a sleepover." Himchan said as Min walked in the kitchen. 

"Cool." 

"You're okay with it?" 

"Yeah, sure. Why not?" 

Zelo came out of nowhere and gave Min a side hug, kissing her on the cheek, "You're the best Noona!" He disappeared just as fast.

"Don't worry Noona! I'll make sure we'll clean up our mess!" Youngjae's friend called out from the living room.

"I'm sure you will JB." Min responded.

"Can they stay over the whole weekend?" Daehyun asked.

"Yeah! Can we Noona?" The other Youngjae asked.

"Please! It's a four day weekend!" Jackson pleaded.

"Whatever you want guys." 

"Yes!!!" The boys celebrated, running around and jumping on the couch.

Min smiled, but suddenly remembered something, "Wait!" All the boys stopped moving, looking at the girl. They had worried faces on, scared she was going to change her mind.

"You guys can only stay if your parents are okay with it. So go call them or something." She said, expecting them to dig out their phones. But instead, they all continued cheering, like their parents had already known. 

"They already knew I was gonna let them stay huh?" Min asked, finishing her bacon.

Himchan smiled, "Yup." 

The boys did everything. They ate, played video games, and watched movies indoors, but the rain outside didn't stop them from going out. Who knew what they were up to.  They did what they did and Himchan let them as long as they were back for dinner. It wasn't like they would miss dinner anyways. After dinner, Yongguk, Himchan, and Min joined them on an action packed movie. Of course, not before moving a lot of furniture so that all fourteen of them could fit. Yugyeom and Bambam both sat next to Min, much to the brothers' distaste, but they let it go because their friends don't actually live with their Noona. The others made themselves comfy on either the two other sofas, extra chairs, or on the floor. It was fun though. 

Towards the end of the movie, most of them fell asleep. The only ones awake were probably Jongup, Zelo, Himchan, Yongguk and Min. The movie finally finished and Himchan told the boys to sleep. The three eldest tucked everyone around them in their blankets. Tucking Jongup to sleep, Min gave him a goodnight kiss on his cheek, "Goodnight sweetie."

A tired Jongup yawned, "Goodnight Noona." 

Himchan already went up, being more tired than the others. On the other hand, Yongguk waited Min to finish. Zelo looked wide awake as Min covered his shoulders with his blanket, "Noona, if the man knew he was gonna die if he tried saving the woman, then why did he go anyway?" 

She smiled, "He did it because he loves her silly. You'll do it too when you find someone you love."

"Oh. But why didn't the woman want to be saved? She loved him too, didn't she? I don't understand." 

Min's hand caressed his face, "It was because she loved him too, she didn't want him to get hurt. Or to die for her. That's why she didn't want him to save her. Now shh, go to sleep, child. Goodnight." 

"Mmkay, goodnight Noona. I love you." He said, closing his eyes.

Min smiled and kiss his cheek, "I love you too."

She got up and was surprised someone was waiting for her. They walked up together and upon reaching their rooms, Yongguk broke the silence. "Wanna sleep in my room tonight?" 

It was still raining and Yongguk knew she never slept well in the rain. She would always have that nightmare again. That was why she actually enjoyed falling asleep with the brothers around. With people, it didn't seem as bad. She nodded, grateful he understood. 

This became a habit of theirs way back when they were still at the old house. Ever since the first day they met and Yongguk found out her fear or rain, he'd always wanted to make her feel less afraid. She went in her room to retrieve her pillow and blanket and went to his room. She settled on his bed as he already made himself comfortable on the floor. Min had always felt bad, but he'd always insist that he liked it on the floor. She knew he only did it because he didn't want her to feel invaded. 

They both shifted in their blankets, staring at the ceiling. "Do you think he would've still saved her if she hadn't told him her feelings?" 

There was a moment of silence, Min almost thought he was asleep. Yongguk, who was still awake, was trying to figure out what she was asking. Until, finally he understood that she was talking about the movie. "Yeah, because he loved her. Even if she didn't love him, it wouldn't stop him from loving her." 

"What if she told him she hated him?" 

Yongguk shook his head, even if she couldn't see him. "He'll still save her." 

"He's so selfish." Min said. "She didn't want him to die. He came to save her, but in the end, they both died." 

He smiled, "I think the girl is pretty selfish too, don't you think? If he didn't go after her, wouldn't that just make him feel helpless for not doing anything? Or sad because he would rather die with her than live without her?" 

She pouted, "Well, if you put it like that... then I guess they're both selfish."

Yongguk finally closed his eyes, "When it comes to love, it's okay to be selfish." 

Min felt him drift to sleep and sighed. "I would know." She whispered.

 


A/N: heeyyy guys sorry I haven't updated WIR in a while, but if things go according to planned, I'll be updating another chapter soon :) 
LOL btw, exo & got7 appearing in the story was so unplanned

Let me know what u think about this chapter in the comments! I'm trying to add some humor but I'm not sure if ppl would think its funny so who knows... 

Thank you all to my lovely readers (silent readers included<3), subscribers, commenters & upvoters! Much love and appreciation! It's getting chilly this time of year, so stay warm!!!