His Angel

When It Rains

After that day, things were different. Min visited the little diner where Yongguk and Himchan worked at, and they became friends. Friends that became inseparable. Min was so grateful for them, not only for rescuing her but for accepting her and welcoming her as a friend. Often times, she would invite them over to her house, but being the considerate people they were, they would politely reject the offer, but that didn’t stop her from coming over to their house with food and other good things. They almost always ate together that it became weird for them if Min wasn’t in their apartment. In about a month, without knowing it, she brought back the life and happiness of a family to the brothers and for a change, things were getting better for the brothers. Sure, they weren’t rich enough to spend on things they wanted, but at least they didn’t have to steal anymore. They hated doing that, even if they paid them back in the end. But like they say, good things don’t last forever.

 
Min walked to the familiar apartment building and upon entering, she immediately sensed something different. It was quiet, which was strange because it was close to noon and usually, there would’ve been the noise of a fan or even the broken sounds of an old tiny tv coming from the little area where the landlord was at. Today, there was nothing. She peeked over and to her surprise, the landlord was not there. There was never a time when the landlord wasn’t there, no matter how much he hated being there, he was always there.  
 
Trying to ignore the anxiousness that was building up, she decided to go upstairs. Reaching to their door, she was about to knock until she realized that it was slightly opened. She pushed it a little, and in the midst of it, realized that the door wasn’t opened, it was broken. As she pushed open the door wider, she looked around, wishing she didn't. 
 
The place was trashed. The windows were broken, the newly bought TV was smashed and flipped, the couch was cut and the stuffing was everywhere, any sign of food or drinks were a mess, the floor and walls were cracked and dented, and all she could smell were smoke and graffiti. Her eyes finally tore away from the mess and landed on five boys sitting on the floor.
 
“W-What happened here?” Min managed to weakly say. Zelo was the first to respond to her presence, “Noona!” He  ran to her desperately and hugged her. She hugged him back comforting him, but as soon as they parted, her eyes fell on Himchan, “What happened here?” she asked again, this time, sounding steady and firm.
 
“We’re getting kicked out.” He said with an emotionless voice. “For property damage and scaring neighbors.” 
 
“Who did this?” Min could feel her anger slowly building up.
 
"We bumped into Strike a week ago and he and his guys started to attack me and Yongguk, but we beat them up instead. I guess this is his way of getting back on us.” Himchan said.
 
Min looked at the others, they were quiet and so out of it, but she knew well that deep inside, they were scared. She closed her eyes, breathed in and out, and opened them back, trying to calm herself, "Where’s Yongguk?"
 
“Hyung is talking to the landlord.” Zelo answered and as Min looked around, her eyes landed on a cracked wall. Though the writing was really messy, she was able to read the red graffiti.
 
THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING -S 
 
S… S for Strike. Then it hit her. If she was never out that night, she could’ve avoided encountering Strike, which could’ve avoided this whole mess. They were suffering because of her. This did it for Min. She was so angry, she was about to blow. “This is all my fault." She blamed herself for this. If it wasn’t for her, this wouldn’t have happened.
 
“No, it isn’t Min.” Himchan sighed, “Don’t thin-” 
 
“Let’s go.” She was so mad, she didn’t even let Himchan finish his sentence.
 
“What?” Everyone was just as surprised as Himchan. 
 
"We’re leaving. Let’s go.” Min was determined to repay them for what they did for her. She was willing to do anything to help them. 
 
“Go where?” A nervous Daehyun asked.
 
“To my house.” 
 
“N-” 
 
“No is not an option Himchan.” She already knew both Himchan and Yongguk would reject the idea but she wasn’t going to sit there and do nothing about it. They had nowhere to go and her house was the best option she could think of. Sure it wasn’t big, but she could deal with that later. “Wait for Yongguk. I’ll come back, but for now, I’m taking these four with me.” She took the boys with her and left before Himchan could say anything.  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
They all were sitting on her couch and Min sighed as she saw them all quiet and still scared. “Guys, I am so sorry. This is my fault.” 
 
“It’s not Noona!” 
 
“No Youngjae. It is. If I wasn’t there that night, he wouldn’t ha-”  
 
Daehyun puts his hand on her shoulder, “Noona, it’s really alright.
 
She breathed out and mumbled something to herself, standing up. “Stay here, I’m getting your brothers. If you need anything, just go ahead and use it.” Daehyun, Youngjae, Jongup and Zelo stared back at her with confusion and uncertainty. Min approached them one by one, giving each of them a hug and kiss on cheek, “I’ll be back. Don’t leave my house!” She opened the door to go out, but hearing no response, she turned back, “Got it?”
 
“We got it!” 
 
She smiled and headed out. Getting in her car, she immediately drove to their apartment. Quickly arriving, she went in, happy to see that the landlord was there. She went up and saw both Yongguk and Himchan standing by the window. She didn’t make a sound, but they both turned around. Himchan slightly smiled, glad that she came back, but Yongguk on the other hand looked mad or maybe confused and angry. Probably because of the conversation he had with the landlord which obviously didn’t go well, and probably because Himchan told him her “going-to-my-house” plan. Himchan walked to her and slightly shook his head, giving her a look that told her that Yongguk wasn’t going with it. She told Himchan to go get the bills and information from the landlord and head to her car first, telling him that she’ll handle Yongguk. She handed him her car keys and he left.
 
Yongguk opened his mouth but before he got to say anything, Min interrupted, “I just want to help, please.” 
 
“That’s the thing Min! I don’t want your help!” The way he raised his voice startled her. Seeing how she jumped made Yongguk immediately regret snapping at her. He sighed, “What I mean is,” using with a softer voice, “I can handle it.” He sat against the back of the torn up couch, rubbing his face out of frustration.
 
Yongguk was still in shock of what happened and having everything crash down at the same time was impossible to take, hence his confused feelings right now. Min understood that. She can’t even imagine being in his shoes at the moment, but she had to make him see what was really happening and that he couldn’t fix everything even if he tried to. “Yongguk, I know it must be really hard on you right now, but face it, you are not in a position where you can fix everything. Let me help you. Please.” 
 
The situation at hand was clearly a dead end. He had nothing to say even if he wanted to. As he looked down, Min knew he would do this. Stubborn as always. He would reject her help, but there was nowhere they could go now. All she ever wanted to do was to help them like how they helped her. This was it.
 
“Do you trust me?” She asked, causing him to look back at her. It took about a whole minute before his deep voice filled the quiet room with just a “Yes.”
 
Yongguk was the oldest brother who always kept a tough look on. It seemed like nothing could ever phase him, but Min could tell that he was scared. Behind the strong armor he wore, she saw a vulnerable Yongguk through his eyes. She approached him and stood between his legs. Tiptoeing, she slowly wrapped her arms around his neck, hoping it would comfort him a little. Min was a lot smaller than him, but it didn’t stop him from feeling so much warmth from that little body of hers. 
 
 
“You're okay. I got you.” She said assuringly. Hearing this never made Yongguk feel so safe in his life. As he felt her hand gently caress his head, it was like everything bad he was feeling suddenly disappeared. Everything was lifted from him by an angel. His angel.
 
He hugged her back, feeling so relieved. Feeling his tight hold on her, she felt the need to protect him so much more, to make him happy, and the urge to let him know that he’s safe was becoming greater. “I’ll take good care of you.” she softly whispered, her genuine words surprising Yongguk… and herself.
 

A/N: I’m late but Merry Christmas guys!!! I’m sorry for being so slow on the updates! :(
 
Thank you for everyone who’s been very patient with me and a big thank you to all my upvoters, subscribers and commenters! You are such a inspiration and motivation for me! Lots of love to you all! *Blows Kisses to Everyone* <3<3<3<3<3<3<3
 
… i just realized this is my first author’s note for this story…
 
Anyways, if you can, let me know what you think about it so far! My long oneshot is turning into a short story (if not a regular story) ... omg *facepalms myself*