You Don't Understand

When It Rains
A few months after that incident, everyone was pretty settled in Min’s house. Everything they needed, Min had gladly bought for them. She even bought a black SUV for Yongguk, who got slightly mad at her for spending so much on him, but she showed him that it was necessary because she wasn’t always around to drive the others. Becoming even closer, it finally felt like life wasn’t that empty for Min. Unspeakably, they were becoming her family that it came to the point where she had no intention of letting them go, not that she had any in the first place. 
 
It was a Saturday and the six boys were currently chilling in the house on this fine day. Originally, Yongguk and Himchan would’ve had to go to work but ever since they were taken in by Min, they only work on weekdays and only morning shifts on that, because she didn’t want them to overwork like they used to. There was no need to do that anymore. In fact, they didn’t even need to be working, they could just stay at home all day like how their younger brothers did. That was fine but no, Min didn’t want that, she wanted something even better. 
 
They were all seated in the table with their breakfast finished and dishes cleaned. Min was out early in the morning, so she didn’t get to see them or eat breakfast with them. “I wonder if Noona ate yet.” Jongup said, the question Yongguk was thinking about ever since he woke up. “Maybe we should call her?” Daehyun suggested.
 
Himchan quickly rejected the idea, “She might be busy.”
 
“It’s Saturday. She doesn’t have school.” Youngjae stated.
 
“Did you say Saturday?” Zelo looked so excited until he glanced at the time and sighed, “Annniiiyaaaa!!! When is Nooooonaaaaaaa coming baaaaaaaaaaaack?!!!”
 
“Yah! Stop whining!” Daehyun flicked Zelo on the forehead. “Ow!” 
 
The kitchen was so loud that no one even heard the sound of someone coming in the front door. The bickering didn’t stop until a very familiar voice silenced the room, “Okay guys, pack your things!” Everyone turned to the short girl, surprised and happy to see her, but they were all still, trying to register what she had just said.
 
 
Pack your things… and leave?
 
 
Once her words finally sinked it, it was like a bomb was set. Zelo widened his eyes, “No Noona! Don’t kick us out! Is this because I ate the last cookie last night? I’m so sorry! I won’t ever do that again! I’ll be a good boy, please don’t kick us out!” 
 
“Wh-” 
 
“Or is it because of me? For going through your computer last time? That was for accident I swear!” Youngjae pleaded.
 
“N-”
 
“Cause I asked you to buy more blankets huh!? That was so selfish of me, I’m sorry Noona!” Daehyun shook his head, disappointed in himself.
 
“Guys-”
 
“Oh no… it must be because of that lamp I broke!” Jongup’s face was filled with guilt.
  
“Stop stop!” Min cut in before anyone could say anything else, “What are you guys talking about? I’m not kicking you out.” 
 
“You’re not?” Daehyun asked.
 
"Of course not! How could I ever?” Min responded, slightly disappointed they actually thought that. That thought never came across her mind, but rather, she had always thought of the one day they would abandon her.
 
“Really?” Zelo pouted, making the puppy face Min could never resist. 
 
"Yes really and Zelo…” she moved towards him and flicked his forehead, "you can eat all the cookies for all I care!” Next came Youngjae, whom she grabbed by the shoulders, “Youngjae, you can go through my computer anytime! It doesn’t matter!” shaking him lightly.The next boy was the one who had to suffer a hair rub but it didn’t really seem to bother him, “Daehyun! I want you to be selfish with me! I’ll buy you as many blankets as you want! Don’t ever hesitate to tell me!” Lastly, Min walked over to Jongup who was looking down with guilt, “And Jongup, look at me.” When he did she smiled, “I told you that was an accident, it’s okay. Honestly, that thing was getting old anyways.
 
“Are you sure?” he softly whispered. “Yes.” Min responded just as soft, “You have no idea how relieved I was when I found you unharmed.” He smiled as all the guilt and worries left him when she hugged him.
 
When “that” assumption was out of the question, curiosity got the best of Himchan, “So... why are we packing?” 
 
 
Min grinned, “We’re moving.
 
 
 
 
“That’s the last of it.” Himchan packed in the last suitcase to stay in place and closed the trunk, hopping in the passenger seat of the black SUV. Daehyun, Youngjae, Jongup, and Zelo went in Min’s silver SUV. Himchan turned to the driver, “You better say something later. She’ll think you’re mad at her.
 
The brunette started his car and followed the silver SUV in front of him. “I’m not mad at her.” Himchan scoffed, “You haven’t spoken to her ever since we saw her this morning. Hyung, you can’t stay mad at her for long.”
 
Hearing this, Yongguk snapped, “Why can’t I?” To his own surprise, he didn’t even know why it ticked him off, perhaps it sounded like she was his weakness. He wasn’t weak, but when it came to Min, he wasn’t so sure anymore. It was probably because she had seen him in his most vulnerable state or that he owes her so much, he didn’t know. 
 
“You know she takes it harder on herself when you’re mad at her. And then we end up with a sad Min, which you have to apologize to and make up with because in the end, she did nothing wrong.” Himchan sighed, “Seriously, I don’t understand why you’re always mad at her when all she does is for us. We’re a family now. She even said so.”  
 
Yongguk stayed silent as he made a turn, finally taking in the more remote neighborhood they were currently driving in. He was right. Why was he always mad at her when he was the one who accepted her help in the first place? Was it because he always assumed Min helped out of pity? Or that she would one day abandon them, just like how their parents did? Everything she does for him and his brothers will only make their attachment to her even tighter and their separation even more painful. It wasn’t something he wanted to think about because he knew he was far too attached to her to even let go. 
 
Seeing the silver SUV slow down, they noticed the nearby black iron gate open into a three story house. Yongguk followed Min, pulling in the front yard and parking right in front of the entrance door. Min and the others got out, but before the eldest could leave the car, Himchan stopped him by the shoulder, “Talk to her. She hates it when you give her the silent treatment.” It was only after Yongguk mumbled a “fine” did Himchan let him go. 
 
“Oh my effin god is this!?” Min chuckled at Daehyun’s reaction when he got out of the car and saw how big it actually was, “Our new house.” 
 
The three story house was painted a nice shade of vanilla white, giving it a nice and light feeling to it. As everyone entered the house, there was already a shoe rack nearby and as soon as they took care of their shoes, they explored the first floor. There was a kitchen to the right with the living room right across from it. Further in was the dining table, a kitchen table and a guest bathroom. At the very end of the other side was a glass patio door that led to the backyard outside. 
 
“I hope you guys like it.” Min said with a small smile, closing the door after everyone trudged in with their stuff. “Wow.” was what Himchan could only muster up to say. “Wow.” Youngjae agreed. Zelo, who, apparently, had already scouted the whole first floor, ran to hug Min, “Noona! This is so cool!” 
 
“Just wait until you see the rooms!” She said excitedly, taking the younger by the hand and leading him upstairs. Leaving all the luggages downstairs, everyone quickly followed them upstairs, immediately touring the second and third floor. There were five rooms on the second floor, each having their own bathrooms. The top floor had two rooms across a balcony deck on the top floor. Once they got to the balcony deck, they started to decide who gets which room. Of course, Zelo made his claim first, “I call dibs on the top floor!” 
 
“I want the other one!” Jongup grinned as he high-fived Zelo. “Hey that’s not fair! Daehyun and I called it when we were on the second floor!” Youngjae argued. 
“But no one heard you!”
“Doesn’t mean we didn’t!”
“Well th-” 
 
“Hey!” the ruckus went to a halt at the sound of the eldest’s deep voice. Himchan will be with you four on the second floor. Min and I are taking the top floor and that’s final.” Min looked up at him, her heart skipped a beat after hearing his announcement. Yongguk didn’t notice her staring, or was probably still avoiding eye contact, but either way, she was happy to hear him speak. He hasn’t spoken to her the whole day and still hasn’t, but at least he didn’t completely block out her existence. He was obviously mad about the new house. Just wait til the other news, Min thought, internally sighing. Though everyone was quiet, everyone was content with the decision.
 
“Okay. Good idea! I’ll take care of these four on the second floor and Hyung can take care of Minnie here.” Himchan said, “C’mon, let’s go unpack!" grabbing the younger four downstairs, leaving the two alone. 
 
Once Yongguk and Min made eye contact, both quickly looked away awkwardly, secretly hoping the other would say something. Min gave the whole thing some thought and finally realized he had every right to feel mad about everything. To them, it all came too sudden, but to Min, she was waiting for this day to come because she spent a lot of time finding and arranging everything. There was just so much to explain and it never occurred to her that they didn’t want any of this. She was too selfish for her own good. Maybe she should start by apologizing. “Look, I’m so-”  
 
“What were you thinking?” Yongguk looked at her like she was insane, “This is too much. We can’t accept this. Why would you do this? We have to go back. You’ve given everything to us and you don’t need to anymore. You have to stop doing this.” 
 
What were you thinking? Why would you do this? The apology was long gone and anger quickly swept in as its replacement. “No!” Min shouted with determination, “I’m not going to stop this. I wasn’t going to sit around and do nothing when I took you in. I promised you I was going to take care of you and that’s what I’m doing.”
 
“But you don’t have to go this far! Do you know how this makes me feel? Completely useless! I don’t want to be spoiled and I don’t want to be dependent on you! You can’t always do everything for us! You have your own life and we have our own, we can’t always be living off of you!” 
 
“I know, but-” 
 
“You don’t understand Min!”
 
“NO! YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND!” Min stepped closer with raging eyes boring into his, “Did you ever stop to think that I want to do this? That ever since that incident, I finally found people who cared for me? That now I have a family and something to look forward to when I wake up! That you mean so much to me and all I want to do is to make you happy!” The last sentence seemed to have slipped before she could stop it, but what was said was already said. Yongguk’s expression softened, causing Min to slowly back away. Her eyes landed on the floor and started to speak in a softer voice, “It’s not just for you… I’m doing this for me.” 
 
Taking a deep breath, she started to leave, not sparing the silent boy a glance. Before she could escape through the slightly open glass door, she felt a warm hand grab a hold onto her wrist. She stopped in her steps of course, but didn’t turn around. She had just finished pouring out her selfish intentions to this guy and the last thing she wanted to do right now was to even look at him. Yongguk gently tugged at her, but she didn’t budge. His hand loosened down to hold her hand and this time, he used a little more force and pulled her around and into a hug. 
 
“I’m happy, thank you.” Yongguk whispered quietly, but loud enough for Min to hear. She smiled into his shirt and secretly enjoyed inhaling his scent, but she snapped out of it when she decided that right now would be the best time to do it. She took his and led him back inside, “Come on, I have something to share.” 
 
After gathering everyone in the living room, Min stood in front of everyone, wearing a serious face, ready to make the big announcement. The girl was so excited she was almost shaking, but she kept a calm posture as everyone looked at her like they were expecting something bad.
 
“Starting Monday, none of you guys will be staying at home anymore. I want you to really live out your lives now, which means no staying at home for you four and no jobs for you two.” 
 
“What do u mean?” Zelo asked.
 
“You guys… are going to school.” 
 
“WHAAAAT???!!!
 
 
 
 
 
A/N: Heeyy sorry for the short and slow update but i hope u liked it! Feel free to let me know what u think! R u excited cuz i am!!! <3<3<3 & i just wanna thank all of you for being so patient and still reading this! I luv u guys so much!