Past. II .....-Out Of The Boundaries-.....

COMPLETE.... [Hiatus]
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

"Another assignment, huh?"

Sungyeol sits next to Myungsoo, they are in a coffee shop where Sungyeol has a part job as a junior Barista, Infinite Coffee. Myungsoo shifts some of his files on the table, give some space for Sungyeol to put his Dandelion tea. Even though this place called "Infinite Coffee", but they serve other beverages beside coffee, and Myungsoo is someone who doesn't fall into coffee that much, like Sungyeol.

"Hhmm, thanks. What time your shift will over ...? "Myungsoo sips his warm tea.

"As usual, by 10:00 pm. Wae ..? If you're in hurry, it's okay, you can go home first."

Myungsoo looks at his watch. It's still 08:30 pm. He really needs to finish his tomorrow assignment, but some literatures are at his apartment.

 

The sound of the open door makes him look at the door. A sweet girl comes in, just like Myungsoo thought. Every Tuesday and Friday night, this girl always comes here.

Myungsoo rubs his forehead,

"I'll wait for you."

“Huh..?”  Sungyeol looks at him.

“Sungyeol..!!”  Shin Dong, Sungyeol’s Barista sunbae, calls him. His head tilts a little to the girl's direction, gives a sign for Sungyeol to serve her.

“I’ll be back.”  Sungyeol gets up, pulls out his note from his apron and walks to her table. Sungyeol’s action is under scrutiny of Myungsoo eyes.   

 

“Hello again, may I get you your usual? or, do you want to try our new menu?” Sungyeol smiles at his routine customer. He knows this girl always comes to this coffee shop, and he knows better that she only comes on his shift.

“Ou, you have a new menu..? What is it...?”

Sungyeol offers her the menu booklet, she reads it a while then shakes her head, intentionally pushes her long-shiny-black hair, exposing her neck a little.

Myungsoo gulps from a far, upset because he can’t see Sungyeol’s reaction, since Sungyeol backs to him.

“I think I’ll take my usual.”

“Why..? Don’t you want to try something different..?”

“I’ll try it,...... If only the new menu has you in it.” She winks at him, this time Sungyeol who gulps nervously and hurriedly back to his counter.

 

“She’s really something.”  He murmurs to himself, Shin Dong laughs.

Actually, her face is attractive enough, her smile is sweet, and for Shin Dong, she’s a hotty in her mini skirt every time she comes. 

The Macchiato is ready, and Shin Dong already knows what will happen in a minute.

 

Sungyeol puts the cup on the table, she smiles seduced at him...her finger's tip makes trails at Sungyeol arms, slowly, Sungyeol is shivering. She holds Sungyeol’s hand in hers.

“I’m sorry, Miss. But he’s taken..!!” 

Suddenly Myungsoo grabs Sungyeol’s hand from her, drags him to his table, and makes Sungyeol sits beside him.

The girl loses her smile, looks at her crush being drag away, making Shin Dong giggles.

This is the routine scene on Sungyeol’s shift........ whenever Myungsoo is around. 

Always like this.

 

“You like her, don’t you..?”

Sungyeol is mimicking Myungsoo’s question. The same question every time Myungsoo pushes the girl away from him. Myungsoo looks at him, waiting for an answer.

Sungyeol only looks at him back, blinks his big doe eyes twice, and that’s always enough for Myungsoo, he knows the answer. He starts to continue finishing his assignment.

Sungyeol puts his head on the table, facing Myungsoo and closes his eyes.

Myungsoo stares at Sungyeol’s flawless face, if people say Myungsoo is so damn handsome, then Sungyeol has the whole beauty of Goddess.

“Why are you always jealous to her, you’re not even my boyfriend ?”  Sungyeol asks him without open his eyes.

“I’m not. But I’m your best buddy, I just try to protect you.”

Sungyeol opens his eyes, looks at Myungsoo.

“Protect me from what? She’s only a girl.”

Myungsoo pauses, thinking.

“You’re right. I don’t really protect you. I protect what is mine, and you are mine.”

“Huft....so cheesy.”

Sungyeol snorts and closes his eyes again. Myungsoo smiles, he ruffles Sungyeol hair a little. Unintentionally, he glances at the girl's direction, only to find she glares at him, upset. He smirks in victory to her.

 

 

“Soo`ah, wake Sungyeol up, will you. We’re closed.”   Shin Dong  pats Myungsoo’s shoulder, he’s too focus on finishing his task, until he doesn’t realize on the time nor that Sungyeol fell asleep beside him.

“Ooh, ne, Hyung.  Yeollie, wake up. Let’s go home.”  He shakes Sungyeol’s shoulder softly.

Sungyeol opens and rubs his eyes, he stands up still sleepy, takes off his apron and tries to help Shin Dong cleaning the counter.

“Just go home, your boyfriend is waiting.”

He smiles with thankful at Shin Dong before grabs his coat.

“Thanks, hyung and he’s not my boyfriend.”

“Ara..., he’s only your best friend, whatever..! See you next week.”  Shin Dong waves him goodbye.

“Bye, Hyung..!”  He waves back at Shin Dong and catches up for Myungsoo who’s already outside.

Myung

Please log in to read the full chapter