Confusion

The Breakup Guru
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 If there was anything L hated more in the world than crappy photography, it would be people who wouldn't stop talking.

 After his second "date" with Taeyeon, he was pretty much prepared to jump off a building. She talked about everything and did it everywhere. Even when he was dreaming, he often had nightmares about her. The only good that came out of her chattering was that he had less time to think about Sungyeol and the tightening sensation in his chest whenever he did think about him.

 It had been three weeks since L returned from Beijing. He was so busy that he hadn't visited the red-head since the hospital fiasco (or so he claims). It would be a lie to say that he didn't worry about him. Though they did exchange a few texts, they were only about work. The last part of their deal was going to be put into action. L needed a model and he had scheduled to meet up with Sungyeol at the studio that afternoon.

 "Minjae!" A bouncing Taeyeon came into view. L was waiting for her in the lounge of the company where she worked. He looked so much like he belonged that tourists of the building actually took pictures of him when they walked by.

 "Babe," he mumbled, standing up and wrapping his arms around her. Being intimate with his prey was a given considering his job but recently he felt more and more uncomfortable. Maybe it was because this time the girl he was trying to seduce was pregnant. She always wore large, baggy clothing to conceal the little bump on her stomach. Taeyeon still hadn't mentioned anything about Sungyeol or the baby. That bothered L more than it should have.

 "Where are we going today, oppa? You know I will be busy for the rest of the day after lunch," Taeyeon was pouting. If L had asked her to stay instead of go to work, she definitely would have. That was why she scowled slightly at his reply.

 "Let's get some kimbap then," he suggested. "I have to be somewhere later today too."

 The disappointed look on her face didn't affect him. Her aegyo didn't make his heart flutter the way it would have for any other "regular" male. Still, he was unlucky enough to have to please her.

 "I'll pull some time out this week and we will have a proper date, okay?" L smiled at her reassuringly.

 Truthfully, he was less than excited to spend time with Taeyeon. It was always such a hassle. Hiding from the paparazzi was pretty easy but it was a bother to go places while wearing a mask, a baseball cap, and sunglasses. L was confused as to why so many fans wanted to date idols. There was absolutely no thrill to date a celebrity.

 The two of them had to leave from the secret back entrance of the building to avoid any cameras. Taeyeon was always paranoid when she was around L. There was no way she was going to get caught cheating and she was going to make sure of it.

 Luckily for the guru, the trip to the little restaurant was dairly quiet. Taeyeon made a few comments about work here and there but she spent most of the time dozing off. Silence had never been so beautiful. L couldn't completely relax though. He was seeing Sungyeol in less than three hours and there was an unexpected amount of nerves boiling inside him. It was a wonder that the red-head even agreed to do the photo shoot after L had exploded at him in the hospital. He wanted to apologize for overreacting. At the same time, he was afraid to see Sungyeol. The clenching sensation in his chest was all too familiar. He didn't want it to be there but he wanted Sungyeol. L had figured that out during the past few weeks.

 

 

 Coward.

 "Why can't you tell him you love him? Why is it like this? Just say it, idiot." Sunggyu's look of confusion reflected how L felt inside.

 "I can't, you don't understand!" He loved him so much. His large doe eyes and shiny brown hair. L wanted all of it but he couldn't bring himself to say it. Luhan was so beautiful and he was scared.

 "I'm scared, Gyu." L wanted to break into tears. "I'm scared that I will end up like appa and eomma."

 At the age of six, he thought his parents had the most romantic love story in the world. Even more than Disney. Growing up as next door neighbors, falling in love with each other, such a sweet and innocent love story.

 At the age of eight his parents seemed to have a change of heart.

 At the age of ten, he could understand bits and pieces of the arguments.

 "How could you choose that  over me?! "

 "It's not like you didn't cheat too! Don't act like you're so innocent when I saw you bending over for that damn neighbor."

 These constant accusations opened L's eyes to the real world. All the lies in the relationships, all the secrets, he could see them all. Love was only a game. There was strategy, planning, and cheating. Only the greatest masterminds won at the game of love and they were the ones with "perfect" relationships. The truth was, everyone cheated. Love was a scary thing. After years of torture from his parents' fights, they finally divorced when he was fourteen. That was when he met Luhan.

 He was so pure, so innocent. L couldn't help but give all of his trust to him. H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter