Last Night

The Breakup Guru
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Sungyeol woke up that morning feeling as if his throat was on fire. On top of that, his back ached from sleeping on the floor all night. Gripping onto a nearby table for support, he stood up shakily. The red-head squinted at the stranger (actually just himself) in the hallway mirror and was quite taken aback by the ghastly sight. Not only was his hair disheveled, he also had the darkest circles under his swollen eyes. Groaning, the tall male dragged his feet slowly into his large bedroom. It was definitely okay to say that he felt like . The throbbing of his temples caused an unbearable headache and he was positive that he reeked of vomit and alcohol. Evidently, he had a hangover. That was pretty unusual because Sungyeol considered himself a master at maintaining sobriety. What a mess! Even as he stripped himself of the wrinkled clothes and slipped into the shower, the boy still could not recall why he was passed out drunk on the floor. What the hell happened? 

 "I was at that party..." he mumbled, furrowing his brows in frustration. Sungyeol didn't remember drinking that much though. Ah. He felt the memories slipping back. Taeyeon had called him earlier that afternoon saying something about cancelling their date because she had to "help Tiffany get over a recent breakup". Frankly, that was convenient for Sungyeol as well. He was invited last minute to attend the birthday party of a client and it was an event that he could not miss.

 The vivid images of everything that occurred the night before caused the poor boy to squeeze his eyes shut and stand directly under the warm water. Now that he knew what had happened, the worn out male couldn't help but want to forget again.

 Sungyeol clearly remembered the lavish hotel the party was held at - mostly because it was a new one that had just opened up. He recalled how he wanted to leave as fast as he could and surprise his girlfriend at Tiffany's house. However, he was also aware of how everything went downhill when he excused himself from the party. Taeyeon, his precious girlfriend, was sitting on the lap of another male. He saw them as he was passing by the hotel restaurant. At first, Sungyeol desperately tried to convince himself that it was just another girl that looked like her because didn't she say she was at Tiffany's house? That was not the case. He could see that she was wearing the same red dress that they had picked out together. It was definitely Taeyeon.

  Despite that, he was still in denial. Maybe he was just a friend? No. The way the man's hand rested dangerously close to her inner thigh said otherwise. As he was scrambling out of the large hotel doors he could remember seeing them kiss. Repulsive.

  Byun Baekhyun. Sungyeol knew he recognized that baby face. Taeyeon was showing him her work pictures from when she and a few other members of her team went to Hawaii for a week - she was a model. Baekhyun was in a few of the photos but she simply introduced him as her makeup artist. "He's just a friend," she had claimed. He was naïve enough to believe her. Thinking back at it, he should've known things were a little off. Why was she so quick to explain who he was to her when Sungyeol never asked?

  "," he muttered, banging his fast onto the marble wall. Why did it have to be Taeyeon? He simply could not believe it. Sure, she was the wild kind of party girl and he knew it. Cheating, though? He would've never even thought that she would do such a thing.

  There were so many emotions he was feeling at the same time. Anger. He was infuriated that even after two long years of a successful relationship, she cheated on him. Upset. This one was the most obvious because he was planning on proposing to her soon. However, Sungyeol found himself mostly confused. Was she tired of him? If so, would she be better off without him?

  Sighing in defeat, he turned off the water and exited the shower. All he wanted to do at the moment was lie down and sleep. Forever. It wasn't just the Taeyeon situation. Lately, work had been pressuring him a lot. At the age of twenty-five, one wouldn't consider him to be a "proper" CEO of a large and thriving company. That was why many of those working for him gave him a hard time. Collapsing onto his large, king sized bed, Sungyeol hugged a pillow to himself. The medicine he took helped subside the pain in his head but there was no Advil out there that could possibly repair the damage done to his heart.

  "Stupid, stupid,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter