It's a Deal

The Breakup Guru
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 When four-thirty rolled around, Sungyeol began to feel more and more paranoid. What if L was a murderer? Was he going to be robbed? "No!" he scolded himself. The red-head had already searched the Breakup Guru up on Google while he was eating lunch and it said quite clearly that the guru's name was L. There was even a cute little website (though he was a bit disappointed that there weren't any pictures). The boy left his house fifteen minutes earlier than the meeting time. Their designated meeting spot was a isolated bar in Myeong-dong and it was the weekend so there were probably a lot of tourists.

 Sure enough, Sungyeol found himself caught in between a group of very chattery Chinese tourists. Thank goodness he knew enough Mandarin to push his way through without seeming too rude. "Ah! Oppa!" He felt himself being jerked forward as a short-haired girl pulled his arm. She blurted out Korean and Mandarin so quickly that Sungyeol barely understood anything she said other than "oppa". He stood on the sidewalk awkwardly as passerbys stared. Glancing around frantically, all he could hear was the girl babbling on and on about something though he didn't know what.

 Snap.

 Sungyeol was more than startled by the camera lens that was suddenly shoved in front of his face. Before he could scold the other person, the camera was moved to reveal the owner. The male was smiling at him and the choding had to admit that he had an awfully handsome face. So much so that he could hear the girl squealing next to him.

 "Sungyeol," he immediately recognized his voice. "I'm guessing that you don't remember me? No need to look so surprised. I'm L."

 Was it even possible for a person to look so flawless? Wait, this was L? He wasn't anything like Sungyeol had imagined. What he was expecting was probably a man in his late fourties with a round belly, big mustache, and beady eyes hidden behind circular lens glasses. Top that all off with a Chinese robe and that was his wild imagination. Instead, standing before him was a boy that looked around his age with a mysterious glint in his eyes and a small, awkward smile. Quite an adorable face for a male, if you asked him.

 "Come on, let's go to Namsan Tower instead," L suggested while ignoring the tourist girl and the other bystanders that stopped to watch, "I'll treat you to lunch." With that, he grabbed onto Sungyeol's arm and lead him along.

 "Why Namsan?" the red-head asked as they fled the crowded area, falling into step with the guru.

 L looked at him as if he was stupid. "Do you want to be the center of attention for the tourists?"

 "Isn't the tower crawling with visitors at this time of day too?"

 "Don't worry about it," L responded, "I have my connections."

 It was about a twenty minute walk from Myeong-dong to the tower and they didn't speak for most of it. Despite his happy and smiley introduction, Sungyeol noticed that the other male didn't have many words to say. Not to mention the mysterious aura that seemed to surround him. He was really very different from everybody else the taller male had ever interacted with. L gave off this bad boy feel but Sungyeol didn't really know why. Maybe it was the leather jacket? Or how he looked terribly handsome but scary at the same time when he wasn't smiling? Wait, handsome? He's good looking but Korea is thriving with pretty boys. The red-head frowned, wondering why he cared so much about the other's appearance. He definitely wasn't jealous; he knew he was considered good looking as well.

 When they reached Seoul tower, L led him towards the back of the tall landmark instead of to the front where all the other visitors were lining up. There was a door marked "staff" which the guru knocked on gently. Oh God, he's going to murder me and hide my body in here! That was all Sungyeol could think about as he tried to find a chance to run away. However, the door swung open to reveal another male with small eyes and the cutest chubby cheeks. "Who is it?" he heard another voice from inside. "L!" the man at the door called back.

 "Ah, come on in." Sungyeol followed L and the other boy into the staff room. It was a spacious place decorated with rich sofas, a flat screen TV, and a kitchen connected to a bar. "L hyung!" a boy scrambled over from the kitchen and tackled L. "Okay, okay, get off now," the guru ordered. "Sungyeol, this is Chanyeol."

 "It's nice to meet you, Sungyeol hyung," the tall male chirped, giving him a goofy clown-like smile.

 Even at his height, Sungyeol had to look up at the younger male. "Same here," he replied. Lord, the kids these days are like giants.

 L gestured to the man that looked like an adorable hamster. "That's Sunggyu, my cousin." No matter how he looked at it, Sungyeol couldn't find the resemblance.

 "Anyways," the guru continued, "let's go up the tower to eat dinner. Their Korean restaurant is amazing." Without waiting for a reply, L grabbed Sungyeol's hand

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter