Baeri in love

BEAST

  She was running as fast as she can, she deflects everything and everyone who was in her way. She couldn’t stop. That morning she had to come to school pretty early, because she needs to do the roaster duty by that day. It wasn’t easy to wake up in that shady place but it was alright, because even though it’s a small place but her parents and her only big brother made it a great place to stay.

Han Baeri climb the stairs real fast like she was on the race, the stairs takes forever but for her it didn’t last for 5 minutes to reach the third floor. She came in her class and quickly starts the cleaning. She starts sweeping the whole class, then cleaning the board, removing all the unnecessary dust. She then finally had sat down. She was all alone, the school haven’t start anyhow but she already in the class, opening her story book of manga. Knowingly few of her classmates had fill in not long after, She look at them with an innocent look, she greets but then lids up her big brown eyes, as she sees her best friend Kim Oh Ji came in.

“Oh Ji-ah...” she greets her happily.

“You came pretty early? You did it again, didn’t you?”

Oh Ji smiles was a bit unease, she knows that Baeri had done it again. She put too much effort for the class. It wasn’t of her being unsupportive but what Baeri did was unnecessary. She believes that Baeri is a good student, and better in learning but she never manage to score higher than a C+, she tried too much. The reason was she wanted to feed her family. Why is she doing that? While she has a big brother who has a job in a famous Kim Chi restaurant as the chef, he should be the one who is feeding the family, not Baeri.

“Yes I did...and don’t start to whine... I’m having a fine day, so don’t go ruin my mood...” she said with a very happy face. It was the cutest smile actually.

For Oh Ji, Baeri can enter a face shop contest for having such a delicate face and cute smile that can bring up a perfect picture for their makeup promotions. She has those beautiful big eyes with double eyelid, which is rare in Korea, and she has that little dimple on her right cheek. Her nose is perfectly suit for her oval like face.

“Is something wrong?” she had caught Oh Ji looking at her without eyes blinking. Baeri touches her skin like something stuck on her face and she needs to feel it.

“No...Nothing, just that, you look too happy today... What happen?”

“My brother finally receiving his first salary and he’s bringing us to the hot spring huts... he said that, it would be like the old days when my dad having his working days...”

Baeri eyes looks like she was lost in her thought, like she was looking more to her day dreaming and not aware of the class is getting extra loud as students are already arriving. Oh Ji shook her friend’s body; she can feel like her body was like a dead fish. She was wobbly and was all tight up inside her mind.

“Baeri... Yoseob!” she exclaimed suddenly. She was hoping no one has heard her, because if they did, she would take many embarrassment critics.

Baeri woke up and stands up straight, she looks outside the hallway, but she couldn’t spot Yang Yoseob anywhere. Yes, I know what you are thinking. She likes Yoseob. Why? Because Yoseob is the only Beast member she thinks that have charm and kindness. That boy has gold of heart; she couldn’t think anything about why he stayed in the committee while everyone knows how DooJoon can be really a pain in the . Yeah, not to mention, she hates DooJoon.

“You lie”

“Sorry, had to make something to wake this day dreaming beauty up... and I guess I was right...all along...” Oh Ji chuckle seeing how Baeri pouted like a duck.

“Please, don’t ever do that again...” she begged. Oh Ji smiles and nodded. She couldn’t take any more surprises because she has this illness since birth that connected to her heart. She doesn’t know what it is because her mother never told her one bit. She tends to keep it as a secret from her only daughter.

Baeri on her thoughts again, didn’t care a less about Oh Ji who is now talking with some other friends in the class. Oh Ji is a simple friend. Baeri sigh. She thought about Yoseob. How she first fell for that boy.

Yang Yoseob happens to hang out with his fellow friends –the beast– when one accident happens across their table in the cafeteria. Baeri scream as she fell down on the wet floor, sounding a big thud as her lands on it. Many of the student laughs at her, and never care of how hurt she was. Yoseob with a big heart, walk unashamed towards her and pull her up without hesitate. He quickly bringing her to the pharmacy, leaving the shocking chattered around the cafeteria.

“Are you alright?”

As the nurse of the pharmacy finish treating Baeri’s little bruise on her elbow, she had asked for Baeri to stay in the bed while she was away, then she left them. Yoseob decided to stay there for a while, accompanying Baeri until the nurse came back.

“I’m fine...” she answered softly to Yoseob.

“It’s very stupid of the others to laugh at you in pain... talk about they could be ashamed of themselves other than you being ashamed of what had happen... chill here, don’t think about them...” said Yoseob as though he knows what Baeri was feeling.

“Thanks...” Baeri said with a small smile.

“My name is Yoseob...” he said with a cheeky smile that shows his two cute dimples on both side “Yang Yoseob” he added.

Baeri wanted to say she knew all about him, and not to mention his entire friends from the committee but all she could say was “Baeri...Han Baeri...” and that shut them up. Yoseob left her as the nurse came back after a few minutes. Baeri smile disappear as Yoseob didn’t say goodbye as their last, first meet. She had fallen for him ever since.

 She wanted to talk with Yoseob again but the thought of her tongue tied and paralyze after he pass by her, she couldn’t do much. Yoseob sometimes greets her when they happen to bump each other in the morning but she just occasionally smile. She was making a fool of herself.

“Nothing is left in the cafeteria anymore...I want to eat their bean bun, it was actually homemade...” pouted Oh Ji as they leave the cafeteria. Baeri laughs seeing how obsessed of Oh Ji towards food especially bean bun.

“I brought extra bean bun today... why not, we share...?” suddenly a voice came from behind and it was Son Dongwoon. That boy always gets the chance to urge Oh Ji no matter where she goes. Baeri always thought Dongwoon have a big crush towards Oh Ji.

“Why are you here again?” ask Oh Ji coldly. Baeri chuckle as she sees Dongwoon pouting lips.

“Hi Dongwoon...” Baeri greets.

Son Dongwoon is the youngest member of the committee, he is friendly and really pampering. That’s what she heard from other girls in the school. He has this Arabic looks and a very cheeky smile that would melt any girl and so why didn’t Oh Ji who happens to be his best childhood friend. She’s lucky among any girl but she didn’t like Dongwoon any bit. Not that she hates him, never in a million year, but she felt so annoyed by Dongwoon overly attentions towards her. Oh Ji felt as embarrassed as many girls talk about her and Dongwoon who isn’t quite perfect for each other. She wasn’t even seeing him more than a friend and if Dongwoon felt not the same, she doesn’t mind him falling for her and she doesn’t want to really mind about his feelings.

“Do you want this bean bun or what?” 

“Give me...” Oh Ji snatch the bean bun from Dongwoon hand and then march towards her classroom leaving Baeri and Dongwoon. Baeri chuckled at Oh Ji while Dongwoon just stare at her back, disappearing within the opening door.

“Sorry for that...” Baeri felt guilty for Oh Ji behaviours.

“Oh well...” Dongwoon shrug “No need for the sorry Baeri... she’s always been like that... See ya...” Dongwoon was about to walk but stop and turn again “Oh Yoseob said hi...” he smiles and left Baeri in the middle of the hallway.

Baeri paralyze as hearing that from Dongwoon. Yoseob said hi... her hearing wasn’t following up to her anymore. Yoseob really said that? She shook her head, waking up in reality, when some girls group scold her for being in their way.

“Yah!” one of them yells. Baeri bowed for forgiveness, she then move aside when she suddenly bump towards someone. She turns around, wanted to bow for forgiveness again but she was surprise when that person is DooJoon. Yoon DooJoon the beast amongst the beast.

Yoon DooJoon grunt, and look up on Baeri’s face. His nostril flare and his eyes narrowed, sharp looking straight at the girl in front of him, he was just busy looking outside the window, when she distracted him. Earlier that morning, his aunt came to school, he doesn’t know why and don’t want to know why, he just put a glimpse at her from afar behind the glassy window as she stroll back to her car. He wasn’t in the mood in seeing anyone that day, but now a girl had purposely – that is what he had thought – bump on his lean tall body. He thinks that this girl was into him, usually he doesn’t mind, but that day with his down side mood, he couldn’t help but get extra mad.

“How incredible that girls these days can really put aside their ashamed on whatever it takes to get the guy of their dream, huh?” he got a chill look that could freeze someone with those words.

“Excuse me?”

Baeri was offended, even though she doesn’t understand what DooJoon had meant but on the other hand, she understands clearly that he thought she was interested in him. She let out a small barfing sounded laugh, silently. She rolls her eyes. DooJoon smirk.

“What? Now you feel shy?”

“Excuse me buddy... but you are mistakenly misunderstanding this situation here... I was...” Baeri paused. She suddenly saw Yoseob nearby. He surely about to pass by her way, and to think that she couldn’t take it with tongue tied and awkwardness, so she decided to flee before it’s too late.

“Was what?” DooJoon asked.

“Was... on my way to class...see ya...” She said and quickly ran off going back to her classroom.