Chapter Six

Haven's Heaven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter Six

Kyuhyun woke up on the ungodly hour of 5:30 am. He knew they had to leave early for their orphanage mission, but he had expected to sleep till at least 6 am - and he needed his sleep, he was far from a happy mornings person. 

But apparently, people didn't know that yet, as some felt the urge to scream at each other at freaking 5 in the morning.

Hyukjae, who was on the lower bed of the bunk bed next to Kyuhyun, grunted in dismay and turned around - covering his ears with his blanket and trying to sleep just a tad bit longer. Kyuhyun admired his attempt, but had already tried it before and knew it wasn't going to be any success. And trust Kyuhyun when he says he can sleep through nearly any sound - the advantage of living on the noisy streets for nearly 10 years.

As he stood up, he noticed some sharp pains in his body - the result of a rather harsh training session with Jongwoon yesterday late afternoon. He had expected to feel some muscle pain, but nowhere near what he was experiencing now. He couldn't even walk normally, how on earth was he going to perform properly on their mission, when he walked like some crippled penguin?

Taking a shower resolved some of his pain temporarily, but he still walked like an idiot. He was not liking where today was heading.

The noises were still ongoing in the living room after his shower, although less loud than before, and even though Kyuhyun had tried hard to avoid whatever was going on in there -like taking a very long shower-, he had to get out eventually. Besides, he was hungry and needed to eat. Can't help hungry orphans when you are about to faint of hunger yourself, now can you?

"You are not going, " Jungsu proclaimed loudly and sternly, seemingly done with whatever situation was going on, "end of story."

"Hyung," Jongwoon said in utter dismay, noticing quite a crowd staring at the both of them and not liking the attention they were getting, nor the discussion they were having.

Jungsu had previously before told Jongwoon that he wasn't joining them on their orphanage mission. He had hoped Jongwoon would still be asleep by the time they had to leave - he had just planned on not waking him and to be back before he would wake, but sadly Jongwoon had been overly excited to be out in the field again that he had woken up even before Jungsu had. Resulting in their long and loud discussion, waking up many who had decided to sleep over at the hideout because they had to leave so early.

"You can't do this to me," Jongwoon hissed to Jungsu, who looked unfazed. "I told you, I am fine. Really."

"End of story," Jungsu repeated coldly, before walking to the storage room for some final preparations. Jongwoon blankly watched Jungsu leave before returning to his previous annoyed state. 

"Seriously," he muttered annoyed, before throwing one of his knives into the wooden flooring, which shocked Kyuhyun more than it should have. He could hurt someone! Jongwoon didn't seem to share Kyuhyun's worry though and just slumped onto the couch, crossed his arms and legs and sighed, having a face like thunder. He then noticed the group of people still looking at him, "What."

"Wha- what?"

"Eh-?"

"Nothing, Hyung!"

And some more mumblings were heard before the whole group separated and went on doing their thing as if nothing had just happened what disrupted their much-needed sleep.

Despite his shortage of sleep and extreme muscle pain, Kyuhyun felt extremely proud while he stuffed fresh bread in his burlap sack for the orphans. It was his first mission as a full member of Civiltry.

And despite that he had hesitated if he should stay or not, helping hungry orphans surely made him doubt a little bit less. 

He had just been 8 years old when he ended up on the streets, with no parents and se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter