Chapter One

Haven's Heaven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter One

The man Kyuhyun had been following for about 15 minutes suddenly stopped his rapid pace, turned left and slowly started climbing a small stairs which led to a front door - the front door of a house which seemed like it could fall apart at any moment.

A small hatch opened as soon as the man had knocked and showed the absentminded eyes of a seemingly older person.

"Password?" a creaky feminine voice asked after a short moment.

"Black raven," the man replied. The door audibly unlocked and the man pushed it open so the 2 of them could walk inside.

An old woman smiled at them from a distance as they walked in and closed the door behind them and Kyuhyun could tell she didn't have any teeth left. He smiled back politely, feeling as if he was intruding on her privacy -not that it had ever bothered him before when he was breaking into people's houses and stole their belongings-, before she turned around and left without even saying a word. Well, that was strange.

The man didn't seem to mind and opened another door in the hallway which revealed a small stairs leading towards the house's basement. He motioned for Kyuhyun to go before him and lead the way.

For a moment, Kyuhyun felt a small spike of fear going through his body. Going into a dark small basement with a complete stranger didn't feel right, at all. But he eventually complied as he knew he didn't have many other options and slowly went down the shaky stairs. He could hear the stranger following behind him and he knew there was no way back now.

After what seemed like at least 60 steps, another door came into view. Kyuhyun had never been in a basement before, as he didn't even have a house of his own let alone the luxury of a basement, but he was quite sure basements didn't have doors and weren't this far underground.

He halted for a few seconds before looking back and up towards the stranger, who looked at him impatiently. What on earth was he waiting for? 

As the stranger didn't feel like waiting much longer, he suddenly passed Kyuhyun on the stairs and opened the door. Bright light instantly greeted Kyuhyun and temporarily blinded him; he was just getting used to the dark stairway he had been in, the light was surely unexpected and definitely unwanted.

"Welcome to our den," the man said, before dragging Kyuhyun inside.

As soon as Kyuhyun was accustomed to the bright light, which eventually only seemed to come from a couple of fire torches, he took some time to look around to evaluate the location and situation he had gotten himself into.

The space he was standing in was a rather large room with wooden walls and no windows, which was quite logical considering they were far underground. There were a couple of doors present on the sides and in the middle of the room was a large wooden round table with several chairs and cushions surrounding it. In the corners of the room were a few couches and what seemed magazines on the small tables that came with it. 

Was this a house? An underground house? 

"Well, it's awkwardly silent here," the man mumbled thoughtfully, more to himself than to Kyuhyun.

"Are you going to me?" Kyuhyun blurted out and the man looked at him for a moment before laughing hysterically. He even pointed at Kyuhyun with his finger while trying to catch his breath.

"Why would I- HAHA- Why would I save you first and then you later?" The man hiccupped after a while, using one of his pinkies to w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter