Chapter Eight

Haven's Heaven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter Eight

"That would be a good-" Jungsu started his sentence, his voice fading away as the door of the war room opened and a rather grumpy looking Jongwoon came walking in. He had missed at least half an hour of their meeting, which was not really much like him. "- plan." Jungsu finished his sentence as Jongwoon sat down in the chair next to him.

Everyone kept their eyes fixated on Jongwoon, who closed his eyes as soon as he could to block out the, to him, bright lights.

"Hangover?" Heechul asked in a whisper and Jongwoon only grunted in reply. A smirk crept on Heechul lips. They had been drinking together all night last night, and despite that Heechul drank a lot more than Jongwoon did, he wasn't the one having a bad morning. Jongwoon never handled alcohol well, it was amusing.

"How nice of you to join us," Jungsu said semi-sarcastically to Jongwoon, going through the paperwork in front of him to see if there were any issues left unspoken for their weekly meeting. Everything seemed to have been pretty much been taken care of, aside from that one particular issue... "Now that you are here, I got some complaints about, well, the bedroom. Kyuhyun, this also applies to you."

Both Jongwoon and Kyuhyun turned to stare at Jungsu, Jongwoon not really registering anything that was being said, and Kyuhyun already feeling the shame rise and his face turning red.

"I don't really care who sleeps where, or with who for all that matters, but no more nightly fights or discussions. Period. We all need our sleep. I need my sleep," Jungsu said sternly, emphasizing on the word I. He too had tried to sleep at the hideout the first week Kyuhyun had declared Jongwoon's bed his own and had been badly sleep-deprived because of it. That bad, that his mood had turned for the worst and he wasn't proud of it.

He had screamed at Donghae for stealing his quill, which in fact was just laying on his desk in his office. He had broken one of their glass cups in anger when he had accidentally dropped it twice before, for no other reason than pure clumsiness, and wanted the third time to at least be on purpose. He had thrown out perfectly fine made food, because he believed he had screwed it up - and that while they were really low on money for food at that moment. It had not been a good week for Jungsu.

"Sorry, hyung," Kyuhyun mumbled in reply, still somewhat ashamed of the whole ordeal. And after a nudge from Heechul, Jongwoon also grunted in agreement. He really just wanted to die at this point; his headache was killing him and he really felt like he was about to throw up. 

As he rested his head on the table for just a second, he had already fallen asleep, much to everyone's surprise. Jungsu just stared at his friend in mild disbelieve before sighing, "If only he fell asleep that quickly at night, we wouldn't have had any problems."

Everyone laughed silently, before leaving Jongwoon and his much-needed sleep alone. The meeting was finished and despite that it had been a quite serious one, it was nice to finish it this lightheartedly.

"Remember, 3 fingers on the string, draw, aim and shoot," Hyukjae repeated as if it was the easiest thing in the world. But no matter how hard Kyuhyun pulled on the string of the bow he was holding at that moment, he could in no way get his hand all the way next to his face while pulling the string - was he seriously that weak?

Henry, who had no trouble drawing his bow as he had done so millions of times before, couldn't help but laugh at a struggling Kyuhyun and a sulking Donghae.

The two of them had wanted some bow lessons, as it might come in handy in the future, and Henry just joined for the fun of it. The 4 of them had become really close over the past few weeks, so any opportunity of them being together couldn't be wasted.

"Can't I just use my fist?" Donghae asked in all curiosity, as he felt like his fingers were about to be cut in half and using a fist to get a hold of the string seemed much easier.

"Let me think about it, ehm, no," Hyukjae replied dryly, making Donghae sulk even more than before. "I'm pretty sure that would be an insult to Henry's expertise."

Donghae looked at Henry a bit worried, but the latter quickly muttered an 'It's fine.'

After 15 more minutes of struggling, Kyuhyun and Donghae decided to give up, much to Henry's and Hyukjae's relief - the 2 of them were honestly no fun when getting annoyed with a dangerous weapon in their hands. But as Hyukjae noticed Donghae was quite disappointed, he walked up to the latter and hugged him soothingly.

"I guess I'll just stick to my sword," Donghae sighed dejectedly. "And I guess Kyuhyun has to suffer through more classes of Jongwoon," he added, a small smile returning to his face.

Kyuhyun turned to glare at his friends, who all started to laugh genuinely while Hyukjae re-enacted an annoyed Kyuhyun complaining after one of Jongwoon's training lessons.

Kyuhyun had had about 4 lessons learning to fight with small knives, but aside from just wielding knives, Jongwoon liked making Kyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter