005

My Fair Fiend {{HIATUS}}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"My world is cold.
I can not find a way to describe it.
I don't want to hurt you.
If I show you, I don't think you would understand.

Because no on has ever understood me."

Minah stormed through OSM Enterprises on a mission, to give to Sehun because he never told her about meeting her father the previous night at the banquet. It was passed the time workers are usually there and so she didn't have to be worried about being seen. It was really only higher ups that stayed late but it was a Sunday afternoon so no one would really be there anyways.

Minah kept muttering to herself about punching Sehun and getting some straight answers. If Minah and Sehun were really "friends" then why wouldn't he have told her.

Up on the 30th floor was Sehun's office and as he was sitting at his desk, he could hear her loud footsteps as she walked through the office. Tao had just left a bit earlier before he even got the text and so Sehun wouldn't have any witnesses for when Minah would probably kill him.

Minah finally arrived at his personal office and stood at the doorway. Her cargo jacket hung loose against her shoulders while her hair was still partially messy from her time with Yukwon. "You have some serious explaining to do." she demanded from him.

Sehun had to make up a lie and quick to cover his conversation with Mr. Ahn. "Your father just wanted a word with me. About future rooms that we will reserve at our hotels for patients and their family that have to stay over when they have to come to the hospital." he lied through his teeth. Sehun was pretty impressed with his lie especially with on up with it within a minute.

"That's why you ditched me last night when I specifically told you not too? You discuss future accomdations for patients at your hotels?" Minah questioned, folding her arms and taking a few close steps towards him. "I had a ing panic attack and you just left me there. With some random guy that I have never met."

"I can't just disobey my father and especially your father. I have to try and run a company unlike you who is just goofing about having with random guys." Sehun frowned, starting to get angry at her. As much as he didn't like to raise his voice and get mad, he just couldn't help it this time. Minah was acting foolish. Plain and simple. Sehun left her with Jongin who wouldn't even harm a fly. So why was she freaking out? Sehun wondered.

"You think I want to do this? You think I didn't have enough of it in high school? It would be great if I was a waitress or a shop clerk but I can't. Too many people would see me. And with the people who would see me, tabloids will begin to follow me around like a puppy." Minah stay calmed at Sehun's remark. It was infuriating because Sehun didn't understand. Nobody understood what Minah was going through. And she hated it. 

"Look I'm sorry Minah. They had to talk to me in private and they didn't want you there while we were discussing it." Sehun sighed, leaning his head against the back of his chair. "But I left you with one of the greatest guys I know."

"I know you did. I ran into him today and we sat and ate some noodles together." Minah looked away from Sehun, not wanting to meet his cold gaze. "He is not that bad." she muttered with her head turned away from him.

"Don't you go falling in love with him now. Jongin isn't all sunshine and rainbows." Sehun smirked but he was being very serious on the inside. Jongin had a past, a dark one to be exact.

<*>

Jongin walked into his apartment, throwing his keys into the bowl on his kitchen table. He took his wallet out of his back pocket then tossed it with his keys. He went over to his couch and fell back onto it, putting his legs up on the table. From the coffee table, he grabbed the television remote and the television. It was one of those variety shows that they have way too many these days. Figuring nothing else would be on until later on tonight, Jongin decided to watch it for now.

During the commercials a broadcasting station showed up with some updates before the actual news come on. Jongin watched as the entertainment section came on and it began discussing what idol did which scandalous thing this week. But after a minute of gossip, the business section came on quickly and the main headline was:

"Kim Coporations CEO Kim Jongdae rumoured to be engaged."

Jongin was quite surpised with the sudden mention of this engagement and especially since they didn't name the girl, it was probably going to be some bimbo who is only marrying for her family's sake for more money. But in all due respect, Jongin had to congratulate his older brother for his engagement. By taking out his phone, first he looked for an indication of Minah phoning him or even a text so he can start talking to the girl again. When he didn't see anything, he went to the conversation with Jongdae.

<*>

Minah decided not to go out for tonight and just go back to the dance studio instead. She thought that maybe she could get a couple hours in for practicing her routine she would perform for the scouters of 410 Academy. This was her one chance to prove everyone wrong, that she didn't have to follow in the footsteps of her family. That she had control of her own life. Because life when everybody had expectations for her.

Instead of putting on her full ballet outfit, she just wore a pair of leggings and a loose shirt. And since the studio was closed on Sundays, she had the whole place to herself. 

And so after two hours of Minah dancing till her toes felt like they were going to fall off, it was time for her trip to the local bath house. The water for the studio was turned off when the owners left so going to the bath house was the best option instead for a good scrub and maybe some jjajangmyeon afterwords.

The 20 minute walk to the bath house felt like forever. It's been awhile since Minah danced that hard and her legs were just killing her. A nice warm bath and maybe a long time in the sauna would do wonders to her aching body. As well as a nice hot meal at a convience store afterwards. 

Just to go back to the hotel room would be too much for her, instead she was just going to spend the night where she has been for awhile now. On that thin mat that was placed on the cold, hardwood floor.

In front of the grand bath house, there a man standing looking at the prices on the sign outside of the building. He had a backpack slung over his back and one hand in his pocket. Minah cautiously walked around him so she could enter the bath house. But the odd familiarity of this man's tanned skin was what made Minah stop.

"Jongin?" Minah questioned, seeing the man in the black baseball cap. Though the hat was covering most of his face, Minah could see the outline of his features. The plump lips and the round nose were the most noticeable.

When the man heard his name, he turned his face to see Minah. The girl he was waiting to get a text from ever since he met up with her.

"Oh hey Minah. Funny meeting you here." Jongin chuckled then tilting his hat up to actually see his face.

"You live around here too?" Minah asked, moving a few steps closer so that people trying to get in could without her getting in the way.

Jongin nodded, "Yeah. I live just around the corner. But the weird thing is that I have never been here before. Jjimjilbang's aren't really my thing but today I felt a little different." the boy admitted. He casted a glance back to the pricing board. "Isn't this a little pricy?"

"That's what you get when you live in Apgujeong, you weirdo." she said sarcastically. "Everything is pricy."

"I know. I would move out farther but everything is so close and convienent." he told her. "School, my job and my friends are just right around the corner."

"I need to move out farther as soon as possible. I can barely afford where I'm living now." Minah said with a hint of embarrassment in her voice. Though Minah did get along great with the owner's of the dance studio, the money she had to pay for all her ballet lessons, her cellphone bill, all her food... and shopping. She barely had any saved. Selling her body was great money but it just wasn't bringing back the customers as much. Really only Sehun was the one that kept coming back. Only because he knew she needed his help. 

"I don't want to be forward or anything but my roommate just moved out to live with his girlfriend. I have an extra bedroom if you want to spend a few nights there until you find a decent place to live in." Jongin rubbed the back of his neck, smiling sheepishly. "I won't charge you."

"We just met though. I don't know if you are a serial killer or not." Minah replied sarcastically, raising an eyebrow at him.

"I guess you are going to have to trust me, don't you think?" he said. "So what do you say?"

Minah sat down at her desk inside her bedroom. In front of her was a letter that she had written a week after her birthday party. There was clearly marked water stains that smudged some of her writing but it still read;

"Dear the people in my life,

I never asked for help. Maybe because I wanted somebod

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter