004

My Fair Fiend {{HIATUS}}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Why did you leave me back then... that night I was crying.
Was what we had all a lie?
'You were the one who let me go.'"

 

Minah got ed up last night. She drank and drank until Sehun and Tao had to carry her out of the bar. In no way did she want to see Yukwon and have to give him whatever he needed ually. Minah hasn't spoken to him since her she was 18. The two left off on a bad note when Yukwon was sent to Australia to continue his studies. He was a jerk. An . A liar. He lied to Minah constantly and publicly humilated her in front of her entire high school. 

A buzzing sound woke Minah up the next morning. As her eyes adjusted to her surroundings. The walls were white and plain and the bed she was laying in was too comfortable to be her mat back at the dance studio.

The hotel room...

Minah almost forget that Sehun had let her stay in the hotel room that he booked for last night and tonight. Afterall, he did own this hotel and many others in Korea and all over the world. That's what OSM Enterprises was known for. Any luxury accomdations you could think of, Sehun's father was the man behind everything. Even value resorts chains were partially owned by the Oh family. And that's why Royal Suites had their daughter engaged to him, to have the greatest hospitality chain in Asia.

So when Sehun had to book a hotel room, he had to do it under a fake name so his father and the company wouldn't know that he was staying in one of the rooms espceially with some e.

The buzzing was still happening as Minah looked over to her phone on the bedside table. The caller ID read Tao so she grabbed her phone and brought it close to her ear.

"Tao? Why are you calling at an early hour?" Minah mumbled, just wanting to fall back asleep.

"Early? It's almost noon. I'm just calling to see you were alive and ready to go meet Yukwon at his apartment..." he responded. The girl groaned and readjusted herself to sit upwards leaning against the back of the bed.

"I really don't want too but I have to make money somehow." She replied and pushed the blankets off her body to reveal her body. It took a minute for it to click... Sehun. "By the way, if you see Sehun sometime today. Tell him, I'm going to kill him."

Tao chuckled, "I see you noticed who changed you." Yes, it was Sehun who decided to strip Minah down to nothing so she wouldn't be uncomfortable when she slept. And truth be told, Minah always liked to sleep . In Sehun's eyes, he was doing her a favour. Well, thats what he thought he was doing.

"Don't forget. Yukwon's place at 3. I'll send you the directions." Tao hung up before Minah could make any objections.

<*>

It was like Minah never forgot the way to his apartment bulding. The constant nights where she spent the night with Yukwon in that very same apartment. The laughs and the stories they shared. The good times. Minah wasn't afraid to open up to that boy. She told him anything and everything. All except for her Minhyuk problem. That was a secret nobody could hear.

Yukwon understood the situation that she was in with her parents because he too didn't want to follow in the foot steps of his parents. His father was a lawyer while his mother was the principal of their high school. But all Yukwon wanted to do was paint. He had an artistic eye for colours and patterns. His inpirspation was Minah. All he would paint was Minah. or clothed. Natural or full of makeup. Anything you could think of.

Heading straight to the elevator inside the building, Minah pressed the button for the 15th floor. She waited patiently as people that lived in the building got on and off. After this session with him, she vowed to never step foot back into this apartment building. And so as the elevator stopped at level 15, Minah slowly walked out and turned right to head to his apartment.

It took so much will power to not turn around and run as fast as she could. This boy hurt Minah so badly that she could barely stand up straight.

Room 1507 was his room number. And there Minah stood, shaking in her boots. Lifting her hand, she knocked a couple times. Praying that Yukwon wouldn't open the door, Minah took a deep breath and waited for him.

His door creaked open and Minah looked down at the ground in shame. Yukwon finally opened the door fully and leaned against the doorframe. "Well, well, well. Who do we have here?" Yukwon made his snide remark towards the girl.

"You're turning 18 tomorrow. And your 'ball' is tomorrow too?" Hyeri asked Minah as they stretched before their dance lesson. They both lifted their leg up onto the bar and reached towards the toe, stretching their leg muscles and back at the same time.

"Please don't say ball. It makes me sound like a princess. It's just a regular party. But yes and you better come. I need someone that I like there." Minah groaned as she reached forward to let every muscle get loose.

Hyeri chuckled, "Isn't your buddy going to be there or should I say boyfriend?" she said as she was referring to Yukwon. But Minah didn't flush or even flinch. Yukwon was the boy she relied on to actually listen to her troubles and give her alright advice. She couldn't dare to consider him as somebody she thought in a romantic way. Only when Yukwon painted Minah in any artwork was when the two that 'close' with eachother.

"Of course he is. My mom wants to meet this boy who I am always with. He is a good cover up for all my dance practices." Minah told her friend.

"Wait. I thought this was just a friends gathering. No adults or anything. I was going to sneak in a flask. But I can forget about that now." Hyeri sighed, slumping over. 

Minah laughed, "No we are meeting my parents before hand. For like my family dinner with my grandparents. Don't worry you can bring your flask in."

Th enegry that Hyeri lost was quickly regained. She cheered and jumped around. "This is going to be the best! I have never been to a rich persons party before."  Hyeri was one of her friends she had made throughout the years while dancing at this studio. She went to one of the public schools in this area and lived in a two bedroom apartment with her parents as she was an only child. Lucky.

<*>

At the party, Minah changed the venue last minute to a small club that you were able to rent out for the night. It had to be grand because almost her entire school would be there and along with some friends from dance classes. Before it was going to be held at some random banquet hall and everybody had to wear nice gowns but Minah didn't want any of that. Intsead, the dress that Minah's mother had bought her for the occasion was tailored to become more of a cocktail dress intsead of a ball gown. The pastel purple colours emphaised her pale skin and her dark, medium length hair.

Simple and fun where Minah could let loose was her ideal birthday. But as much as Minah really didn't want a party, she was forced by a lot of her school classmates because they all needed to let loose as well. Peer pressure.

Her parents still believed that they were at the hall but since everything was "already paid for" they didn't have to worry. And they were under strict rules not to attend because that would be embarrassing to Minah. Plus Minhyuk couldn't attend because he knew Sehun was going to be there and they both couldn't stand each other.

Her family dinner went off without a hinch. Yukwon was polite and impressed her family with his cover up of him becoming a lawyer to take over his father's lawfirm.

So now at the club everybody was dancing while some, like Hyeri, were secretly drinking and spiking the punch bowl. It was a blast. Minah who usually hated her school and everybody in it was loosening up because she knew that in only a few weeks, she would never see half of them again. It was the time to finally enjoy high school.

As it was nearing midnight, Minah couldn't find Yukwon for most of the night. He might have been off with some random girl but he really wasn't that type of guy. As much as he thought he would have liked a hook up. Yukwon was more of a steady relationship guy.

The dance music was cut off interuptely and everybody started to get confused. People were looking around to see what happened. The lights were still on so there wasn't a power outage. 

"Umm... yes. Hi." a voice was heard of the speaker system. Everybodies attention was turned to the the front at the DJ station where the DJ was standing next to Yukwon who held the microphone.

"Tonight we are here because of one person. Ahn Minah." Yukwon started. "The girl nobody really likes but is only talked to because her family is one of the richest families in Korea."

Minah started to get embarrassed and slightly angry at him. She knew nobody really liked her but he didn't have to say it out loud. Behind Yukwon was a screen that started to show pictures of Yukwon's artwork. At first, it was a simple drawing of Minah smiling. Then slid to another of a charcoal drawing of  her hair covering her face but her dark, enticing eyes still being shown.

"Over the last year or two, Minah and I have become like best friends." he said mockingly, making some people laugh and chuckle. "She tells me everything, did you know that? Like this one time, she said that her and Oh Sehun decided to have in the janitors closet on the second floor and trust me I'm surpised that Sehun even agreed to this because I mean come on, Minah you are not that pretty.."

Why was he telling everybody this? Minah looked around to find Sehun who kept his straigh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter