011

My Fair Fiend {{HIATUS}}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“A feeling she cannot say to anyone, that she locked in a cage in her heart.
But really… She wants to scream out her true feelings”

Minah woke up the next morning in her bed with her quilt placed gently on her. She had no recollection of how she got here because the last thing she remembered was falling asleep on the couch to some random comedy movie.

The sun was shining through the curtains as the girl lifted herself out of the bed. She looked around her surroundings still trying to figure out how she got there. Minah thought she must have been really out to not wake up to get to bed. Did she sleep walk?

Walking into the hallway, Minah didn't hear a sound. She looked to Jongin's bedroom and saw the door open and nobody inside. 

"He must be at school." she mumbled to herself, running a hand through her bed head to ruffle it a bit.

She shuffled into the kitchen to get a glass of orange juice. Before she opened the fridge, a note was taped to the door at her eyes level. 

 

Minah thought she should have been a bit upset with his note but she smiled neither the less. So Jongin was the reason why she woke up in her bed instead of sleeping on the couch. It must have been when he came back from dance practice... she thought walking into the kitchen and opened the cupboard to find some oatmeal that she noticed last night.

Turning on the kettle and putting water into it, she put the oatmeal in a small bowl and got out a mug so she was able to have a cup of tea with breakfast as well.

Today was Friday. That meant she had Sehun's party tomorrow. She really did not want to go but her father was forcing her and he could be ruthless. But as long as Minhyuk wasn't going to be there, she was going to be fine. Since it is Sehun's party, he wasn't going to be there anyhow because of the hatred between the two males.

And since the party was tomorrow, she didn't have any sort of dress or anything at all. Her mother was always the one that had everything prepared beforehand and had the stylists at the house a few hours before any celebration. This time. It was all up to her.

Minah decided that after breakfast she would go out and get a dress for tomorrow. It had to be somewhat cheap but still elegant. To be honest with herself, ever since she moved with Jongin she hasn't be stressing with the costs of every little thing. Like going to a bathhouse or getting take out every night. The most was with rent and utilities. 

Maybe she would get a small part time job just to give her some spending money for her phone bill and a little bit of spending money. But what would be good at? She has never really worked a day in her life. Except when she would volunteer at the hospital with the cleaning staff, which was always fun to her. The older ladies were so nice and you could see that they did love that job because they were helping others, even if it was cleaning their bed sheets or disinfecting everything.

"I could always ask for a job at the hospital, helping the cleaning staff." she spoke to herself, then putting a spoonful of oatmeal in .

But her thoughts were halted because of Minhyuk. He was there almost every day for his residency and learning the ropes so she could take over when he finished his schooling. Really the last thing she wanted was to be cowering in fear because of him always lurking near her.

Minah scanned her mind for any other ideas. Jongin said that he could get her a job in a cafe as a baker but she has already relied on him enough. Yes, the media was a problem with a job that focused on being in open surroundings that anybody could come up to her. And with looking for jobs at another hospital in the city, they could easily mistake her for trying to find out about the inner mechanisms of their hospital.

Everything was so hard. Everything would be better if Minhyuk wasn't around. Or everything would be better if Minah was never around.

<*>

Sehun was working at his desk in his office like he usually does. The final finishing touches for his party were soon to be completed. All what was left to do was make sure he picked up his suit from the cleaners and get somebody to pick up Hayoung from the airport later tonight. She was coming back from Australia for two weeks before she goes back and finishes her semester for university.

So that meant he was stuck with her in the same apartment for two weeks. She was going to whine about everything because that's what she usually does whenever she is just around Sehun. And he hated it.

He knew that since Hayoung was coming back, he wouldn't get to spend a lot of time with Minah and Tao because the four of them went to school together and Hayoung just detested the other two for some unknown reason that Sehun didn't really question. 

It because he liked the nights where he left the office at a reasonable time to go and split a few bottles of soju between the three of them. And when there wasn't dance practice, he didn't have to rush from getting to the office to the practice then to a bar.

Just two weeks then she is gone until Christmas. That's all he had to deal with. But that is also if Hayoung decides to hang around him and not go catch up with her old high school friends. He wishes that she would do that because then he could enjoy himself. Yet when Hayoung graduates in the spring and they finally get married then he won't be able to get rid of her until the contract is done which is about three years’ time.

Then he had the free will of marrying whoever he loved.

"Mr. Oh. You have a call on line one." his secretary poked her head in his office and told him.

Sehun acknowledged her and grabbed the phone, pressing the correct button. "Oh Sehun speaking." he said with a serious tone.

"I'm stranded at the airport. Come pick me up." a whiny voice said to him. Instantly the male sighed and used his free hand to rub one of his temples.

"Why don't you call one of your drivers? I'm trying to work here and I don't have time to come all the way to the airport and pick you up." Sehun said, irritated.

"I'm sure if Minah was at the airport and she needed a lift, you would be there in a blink in of an eye." Hayoung retorted. "I'm right, aren't I?"

Yeah, because I actually enjoy Minah's company... how he wished he wanted to say that but he knew he couldn't. "Look, I'll send my secretary and tell her to drop you off at the apartment. Hayoung, I seriously can't leave my desk until I get my paper work done for the new investment that we are working on."

"Fine. And by the way, my parents want all of us to have dinner tonight. Don't make any plans with anybody. Got it?" she said rudely and then hung up the phone, leaving Sehun stunned for a second.

Tonight he had the performance but it didn't matter because they weren't supposed to start until around midnight so it was nothing to worry about. It was just the tone of voice she used that he wasn't use to.

Sehun got up from his desk and walked out of his office to see his secretary. 

"Hey Hyojin. Can you do me a really big favour and go pick up Hayoung from the airport then drop her off at my apartment building?" Sehun asked nicely. "Then you can take the rest of the day off and get prepared for tomorrow night. And make sure Kyungsoo has a proper suit this time."

<*>

 

Minah walked back into the apartment around 6pm at night. She spent the entire day doing errands and then trying to find a decent dress for the party tomorrow. It was a little last minute but she never wanted to go in the first place. All she wanted was to stay out of the public eye even more since the incident with Tao a few days ago. But according to her father, she really didn't have a say.

So from going to mall to mall, Minah finally landed upon a vintage shop where they had dresses galore that were appropriate for the occasion yet still in her budget. Inside this small shop was a girl who helped her find a perfect gown to go with her small frame. 

In the end, Minah came out with a deep ruby red dress that reached the floor. It was an A line style that flared loosely out while the seam went under her bust. The top was strapless to compliment her collar bones and pale complexion, making the dress also contrast with her.

Later when she placed the dress in her closet, the female went back to the kitchen and decided to start preparing dinner for herself and Jongin, who would return to their home in the next or so. 

Since the weather was getting colder and colder, something warm and filling was what she was going to make. Just a simple potato stew that one of the maids taught her to make around the age of 15. 

Minah started to peel the potatoes and then cut them into small cubes. Then with the carrots she did the same thing. Putting both into the pot, she poured cream into the same container. Turning the stove on medium, she slowly stirred the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter