Start Over

Dangerously In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Key Notes:

PURPLE: AUTHOR

RED: JONG

BLUE: MINZY

AUTHOR

Jongin would stare at her every second, and when she would look up at him, he would look away then look back up at her to meet her eyes, which made him feel butterflies and a light shade of pink cover his cheeks, making him remember the memories of them, when Jongin had slowly realised that he had liked her, that he became so shy with her that he would only look at her when she was looking elsewhere. And Mingkki would chuckle in return, and right now in the present, she had done the exact same thing, when she saw that he became shy under her eyes, as she also remembered the same memory of them. ‘Deja vu’ Jongin and Mingkki thought the same exact thing.

‘How’s the company going?’ Taemin asked Jongin, ‘Oh its going good’ Jongin replied, ‘Still going out and stuff?’ Taemin asked him with a smirk as he wriggled his brows at him, it wasn’t on purpose, but unconsciously that he had asked, because not that many people knew that Jongin was in a serious relationship. Jongin looked at him weirdly, ‘I stopped doing that’ Jongin seriously told him, as Taemin realised that he had said something wrong, ‘Sorry’ Taemin apologised, ‘No, it’s okay’ Jongin assured him, but then with this, Taemin knew, their relationship was complicated in every way, but what he didn’t know that Jongin nearly killed himself over her.

‘Mingkki, how are things?’ Jongin softly asked her, Mingkki gave him a small smile, ‘alright’ she simply answered, yet Jongin knew exactly how things were with her. ‘Mingkki?’ Taemin wondered, they looked at him, ‘Mmm, that’s what we call noona’ Sehun said, Taemin nodded, ‘Can I call you that?’ Taemin asked her. Mingkki looked at him, about to say yes, as she didn’t really mind it, since he was friends with Sehun, but at the corner of her eye, she could see Jongin staring at her intently, she glanced at him to see Jongin with a disagreeable expression. Jongin didn’t want him calling her so intimately, to Jongin Taemin was a threat, and Jongin was feeling insecure, so much he didn’t care how he came off to others, or what others thought of him anymore.

Mingkki went silent, unsure of what to say now, Taemin looked at Jongin having a feeling he was part of the reason she hesitated, and as he was looking, Jongin looked his was, ‘No’ Jongin told him, not caring if he was mean. Taemin glared at Jongin, then looked back at Mingkki, ignoring Jongin and what he had said, ‘Can I?’ Taemin asked her again, Jongin scoffed, not liking how Taemin completely ignored what he said. ‘No!’ Jongin sternly said, Taemin and Jongin stared at each other, Mingkki could only look between them, then looked at Sehun, he just sighed, ‘Stop, that’s enough’ Sehun told them.

They just stared down at each other, ‘Stop getting in the way Kai’ Taemin said, ‘Stop asking questions Taemin’ Jongin retaliated, glaring at one another, being childish. ‘I can ask her whatever I want’ Taemin stated, ‘And I can say whatever I want’ Jongin also stated, Mingkki and Sehun watched them be children, Mingkki sighed. ‘Are you guys alright?’ Mingkki asked them, Taemin and Jongin were still staring at each other, ‘We’re fine!’ they both said, their eyes not leaving the other, Mingkki nodded, now ignoring their little feud.

The food arrived for all of them, Mingkki and Sehun were happily eating their food, while Taemin and Jongin were eating but were always at each other’s throats with their glares, and little nudges. They both knew why this was happening, why? because of Mingkki, but they both were not going to back down, at all. They all finished their foods, Taemin and Jongin, a little slower than Mingkki and Sehun, since they wouldn’t stop fighting.

‘Alright, that’s it’ Taemin said as he stood up, ‘Me. You. Outside. Now.’ Taemin told Jongin. Jongin stood up too, ‘Just what I was thinking’ Jongin said, Mingkki and Sehun looking between them, then they left, ignoring Mingkki and Sehun, but then Jongin stopped just in front of Mingkki, ‘Just talking, nothing else’ Jongin assured her, she nodded in response, watching them leave.

‘Kai will you stop?’ Taemin seriously asked him, as they stood outside, Jongin sighed, ‘I’m sorry Taemin, but I can’t’ Jongin honestly told him, as they were talking about Jongin interfering in Taemins conquest in getting closer to Mingkki, Taemins eyes twitched in annoyance at his persistence. Jongins eyes were seriously looking at him, not giving up on the issue, ‘I can’t and I won’t’ Jongin stubbornly told him, ‘I won’t give up on her’ Jongin desperately told him, Taemin wondered why he was being so strong on holding onto her, since he didn’t really know what was really going on between them.

‘What exactly are you two? Did something happen?’ Taemin curiously asked him, Jongin felt extremely guilty and regretful all over again, remembering what and why they were, how they were, but decided to say anyway. ‘We were in a serious relationship…’ Jongin told him, Taemin nodded kind of knowing about that, ‘…then I cheated on her…’ Jongin said, his tone full of guilt and regret, Taemin now frowned at him, ‘Are you ing serious!?’ Taemin angrily questioned him, with a little scoff at the end. Extremely pissed off that Jongin would even think of doing something like that to her, because even he could see that Mingkki was a person any man would want… need, especially.

Jongin nodded in regret, ‘But that’s not the end of it is it…?’ Taemin asked him, Jongin sighed, ‘She left…’ Jongin said with hesitance, ‘Ok?’ Taemin said waiting for him to continue, since they were like brothers, they could tell each other anything, yet Jongin didn’t say he had a girlfriend. ‘I realised how much I needed her, so much I hurt myself… because I couldn’t take the feeling of her not being by me any longer’ Jongin told Taemin, Taemin arched his brow at him, ‘How selfish can you get Kai’ Taemin shook his head at him, Jongin looked sadly at the ground. ‘And that’s when you came to the rescue, when we had that dinner’ Taemin realised, ‘Yes, she had just came back the day before that…’ Jongin told him, ‘And from there, she started pushing me away’ Jongin sadly said, ‘she should’ Taemin honestly said.

‘Even after hearing this, it doesn’t change a thing’ Taemin seriously told him, ‘It just makes me want her even more’ he said, Jongin frowned at his statement, ‘You think I’d back out, after hearing that’ Taemin said, he shook his head, ‘No. I know when I see one, a girl who is rare to find, and Minzy is one of them’ Taemin told him, ‘You think I don’t know that’ Jongin said. ‘I was stupid then, but now… its different’ Jongin told him, ‘Doesn’t matter’ Taemin scoffed, ‘It does’ Jongin sternly said, ‘She’s my world, and I won’t let anyone have her, I’m not giving her to anyone’ Jongin strongly said, ‘That’s not stopping me’ Taemin said, not giving in to Jongins demands.

They stared down at each other, Taemin tilted his head at Jongin, ‘What I don’t get, is why you think it would still work out between you guys?’ Taemin questioned him, Jongin flinched at what he said, going quiet for a couple of seconds, ‘B-because we love each other’ Jongin said, trying to make it seem like it would work out, when even Jongin didn’t know what would happen between them. ‘But even so, some people are just… not meant to be’ Taemin told him, purposely trying to make him insecure about the two of them, making Jongin think he doesn’t have a chance with Mingkki anymore. Taemin smirked, seeing Jongin become timid, as he then walked towards the entrance door, Jongin stood outside alone, thinking to himself, Mingkki and Sehun watched Taemin walk in, but then looked back to see Jongin by himself, staring at the ground looking lost.

Mingkki was watching Jongin, seeing him lost, ‘What happened?’ she thought as she glanced at Taemin who sat down with a smile, unknowingly giving him a glare, then looked back to see Jongin slowly walking in, as if he had lost everything, as if he was no longer anything to anyone, especially his Mingkki. Jongin looked up to meet Mingkkis eyes who were looking right at him with concern, and right there for Jongin, he wanted to cry again, yes he may seem like a girl, but the emotions he felt for her, overwhelmed him so much at that moment, when he met her concerned eyes again, he knew there was a little something left for him. Jongin stopped in his place, staring at Mingkki, tears about to fall from happiness and sadness, happiness over Mingkki, that maybe she might still have feelings for him, but sadness that maybe she didn’t. Jongin felt extremely insecure at the moment.

‘Jongin!’ Mingkki called him, knowing exactly what he was thinking and what was going to happen, but Mingkki was not ready to comfort him with skin ship, Jongin flinched at her low tone, knowing she called him for a reason, knowing she could see right through him, that he was being very emotional. Jongin sulked, staring at the ground, he was mad that she didn’t come to him, but instead just called him, ‘Kai, grow up’ Taemin laughed, making Jongin glare at him, Sehun slightly laughed, while Mingkki slowly looked back at Taemin with a cold look. Not liking the attitude of Taemin, which made Taemin regret what he just did, Mingkki knew from Sehun that they were like brothers, but to Mingkki, nothing gets in her way. Mingkki then looked at Sehun to be quiet, Sehun pouted from being silently scolded, she then looked back at Jongin, but to see him standing right in front of her, because he had saw what she was doing, and Jongin knew, Mingkki still had feelings for him and with that he was not backing down anymore, no matter what others may say, to make him feel down.

Taemin saw the new determination Jongin now had, ‘’ Taemin thought to himself, Mingkki had jumped at the sight of Jongin being right in her face, Jongin smiled at her, ‘Sorry’ he softly said to her, as he stared down at her lovingly. Then walked back to his seat, staring at her as he sat, then glanced at Taemin with a smile, Taemin squinted his eyes back at him, they were back to square one, Sehun then leaned in to whisper to Mingkki, ‘Look what you’ve done noona’ Sehun whispered, Mingkki scoffed, ‘I did nothing’ she whispered back to him. Jongin and Taemin staring at the two, Jongin glaring at Sehun, Jongin was the type to get jealous at anything and anyone, who tried getting close to her and Mingkki knew him in and out, just as Jongin knew her in and out.

Food was finished, Taemin feeling a little disappointed that he didn’t get to have dinner with just Mingkki alone, ‘Next time for sure’ Taemin thought to himself. Then dessert arrived, the last meal of the night, ‘How are the boys?’ Taemin asked, as it was pretty quiet, ‘They’re good’ Jongin said while Sehun nodded in agreement, ‘Busy and stuff’ Sehun said, Mingkki was just eating her dessert. Mingkki was never one to bother about it being quiet, she liked quiet, even when people felt awkward about the silence, and Sehun and Jongin knew this about her, Taemin was the only one who felt awkward.

‘Taemin hyung, relax’ Sehun told him, as Taemin then took breaths, ‘It’s just quiet’ he said, Mingkki chuckled, ‘That’s normal’ Jongin said, ‘Really?’ Taemin asked, Jongin nodded, ‘Especially when it comes to food’ Jongin smirked as he glanced at Mingkki, who glared at him. Jongin knew Mingkki loved food, at breakfast, lunch and dinner, anytime of the day really, where she would focus on just eating, even when he would both

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter