It's Okay

Dangerously In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Key Notes:

PURPLE: AUTHOR

RED: JONG

BLUE: MINZY

‘One will realise how much they love the other, only when... they are gone’

Author

Mingkki and Sehun could only watch him, they partly knew why he was here, while Taemin looked at Mingkki and Sehun seeing them staring at Jongin, also wondering why Jongin was here in the first place, then he also looked towards him.

‘Kai, is there something wrong?’ both their parents asked, Jongin gave a professional smile towards them, ‘Yes there is’ he answered, ‘There is definitely something wrong here’ he stated in a more cold tone, they flinched and gulped at the intensity he was giving to the four of them, not caring if they were elders. They gave him a confused timid look, ‘Pardon?’ they asked, ‘What’s wrong?’ they wanted to know, ‘This entire marriage is what’s wrong’ he told them, Taemin now, kept looking back and forward between Mingkki and Jongin, kind of getting a clue that they might have had something, but wasn’t really sure. Mingkki and Sehun didn’t move or say a thing, they just kept their eyes on him, the elders furrowed their brows at Jong, ‘This has got nothing to do with you, or your family business Kai’ they told him, but they didn’t know what was going on between Jongin and Mingkki.

‘It has everything to do with me’ Jongin scoffed at them then gave them an arrogant smirk, ‘How exactly?’ they asked, ‘Im…’ he hesitated, he couldn’t tell them they were together, that she was his girl, because it was complicated at the moment, but he had to say something that would make them back off. So he had to say what he had to, ‘Mingkki... shes mine’ he confidently told them, they were caught off guard, as they stared at Jongin surprised and shocked at his statement, Taemin especially as he narrowed his eyes at Jongin, feeling extremely surprised that he had a girlfriend, because he knew Jongin and his behaviour, that he would never settle down with anyone, or even protect and stand up for someone, for something like this, he knew him as the ‘I don’t care about girls’, kind of guy, everyone thought that about him, but that changed when Mingkki walked into his life, and he never told anyone about her, only the boys knew of her.

Sehuns eyes grew wide at Jongin, as he mentally laughed shaking his head, that Jongin would say it straight out like that, especially when it was an arranged marriage dinner, while Mingkki just sighed at him, happy that he was trying to stop it for her but knowing mostly for him, because he wouldn’t have her with anyone else, but also having mixed feelings because she just couldn’t trust him, even when he was getting her back.

The elders and Taemin looked at Mingkki, who stared at Jongin, ‘You cant be serious?’ the elders said to Jongin, looking back at him, ‘Im dead serious’ he coldly said, ‘And I want you to end this’ he said, ‘Now’ Jongin concluded, ‘We cant do that’ Mingkkis parents said, ‘Its already been decided’ Mr & Mrs Lee told him, they didn’t care that Mingkki was with Jongin, because their business came first to the both of them, Taemin stayed out of it for a while, knowing his parents could handle it. Taemin agreed to the marriage and was settled in getting to know Mingkki because of it, so if it was for his family then he will back them up, when he knew they couldn’t back themselves up against Jongin, because Taemin knew how persistent Jongin can be when it came to stuff he wanted, especially when he’s possessive over his stuff.

‘Cancel the marriage’ Jongin ordered them, staring them down, the elders felt extremely intimidated, but they wouldn’t back down no matter what, ‘T-That’s not p-possible’ Mr & Mrs Lee timidly told him, ‘T-This is our family business’ Mingkkis parents said, ‘You have no say in this what so ever’ the elders told him, his eyes silently stared furiously at them, Sehun coughed at his silent behaviour because no one else saw it but Sehun and Mingkki. Mingkki quietly kept her eyes on him, Jongin scoffed at them, then looked at them intently, ‘I don’t think you guys understand’ he coldly told them, the elders and Taemin flinched at his cold tone, ‘I have a say in everything that Mingkki is involved in, no matter what or who, comes in the middle’ Jongin said, his eyes twitching in anger, because they would purposely ignore that Mingkki was his entirely.

‘Mingkkis business is mine, just as, mine is hers’ Jongin confidently told them, with a serious tone, ‘But…’ the elders said unrelenting about the arranged marriage, but were slowly giving in, because they knew how Jongin was when he was serious, as he was in business, he was stern, stubborn and really persuasive, he always got what he wanted, and he was going to get Mingkki out of it, no matter what. Taemin saw the elders slowly letting Jongin have what he wanted, ‘Im sorry Jongin, but you cant always get what you want’ Taemin told him, Jongin glared at Taemin, not caring if they were close, because to Jongin, Taemin was interfering with everything, if Taemin stayed out of it, the elders would have gave in, sooner or later. But to Taemin, this marriage was for the better of his and the elders businesses, nothing else, Taemin thought it was for the better, that he was doing something good for the family, and he was just being the good and kind person he was.

‘Taemin’ Jongin called him formally, ‘Kai’ Taemin called him too, noticing how serious he was, ‘You shouldn’t speak to the elders like that’ Taemin scolded him, Jongin smirked, ‘Then maybe they should speak to others, the way they want to be spoken to’ Jongin stated.

Jongin: 1

Taemin: 0

Sehun took a breather as the atmosphere became tense the moment Taemin interfered.

Taemin acknowledged the statement Jongin had said with a nod, ‘Its for our families, for our businesses’ Taemin told him, Jongin laughed, ‘Sure, okay’ Jongin sarcastically replied, ‘I can see you’ve agreed to this, but has Mingkki?’ Jongin questioned, Taemin flinched, because he knew Mingkki was forced into this, now he was thinking about it properly, as he glanced towards Mingkki, seeing her resistance just with her posture as she was still holding onto Sehun, as if not wanting anything to do with him and their family problems.

Taemin sighed looking down, knowing Jongin was trying to help, to get Mingkki out of everything that she didn’t want at all, which he felt kind of bad, for trying to convince her to go with the marriage that she hadn’t agreed to. Taemin looked up at Jongin, to see him gazing lovingly over Mingkki, but Mingkki was hugging Sehun from behind, not wanting to see anyone or let anyone look at her. Mingkki didn’t want deal with any kind of interaction with anything or anyone at the moment, because she felt like people wanted control over her, over everything she did, she felt caged and suffocated. Which worsened her state she was in, from the pain Jongin had given her, she put up her guard even higher.

‘I’m sorry but I don’t agree with this marriage anymore’ Taemin told the elders, they silently looked over him, also partly agreeing with him, as they looked at Jongin, who was eyeing them intently, they avoided his eyes, and sighed giving up on it, ‘Fine’ they agreed, Jongin smiled.

‘Quit trying to control Mingkkis life’ Jongin changed back to a serious tone, as he wanted to get the point across to them, that Mingkki has her own life she wants. Her parents silently looked at him, thinking about it, ‘I’m serious, leave her alone or else I might really have to do something’ Jongin told them, they gulped, then sighed, ‘Fine, we won’t try anything with her anymore’ they agreed, ‘If I find out…’ he questioned, ‘No, we won’t try anything at all’ her mother said, ‘We promise’ her dad told him, now finally giving up on trying to control her life.

‘Good’ Jongin said, Sehun smiled widely in relief, looking back at Mingkki, seeing her relax a little but still with her guard up, she softly smiled at him, as he hugged her tightly, ‘It’s okay now, noona’ he mumbled to her, she nodded her head in his chest, ‘It’s okay’ he repeated, Mingkki wanted to cry in his hold because everything was finally falling in to place, everything was calming down now, but held it in at the moment, not wanting to let anyone see her break down. Sehun felt her trembling in his arms, knowing she was overwhelmed with emotions at the moment, ‘Let’s go home’ Sehun whispered to her, back to their home, where Sehun and Mingkki were most comfortable, where Jongin had first started acting up.

Mingkki nodded, but Sehun lastly looked at everyone to see what was going to happen, and wait for a while, so they could leave. Their parents decided to leave, cancelling everything, not a word to Sehun or Mingkki, meaning they weren’t going to talk to her about her well-being, but they had glanced back with concern at Mingkki, knowing they were in the wrong, but they decided to leave it for tonight and maybe talk to her next time, because they saw that she wasn’t as calm as she normally is, knowing she was going through a lot more than they thought.

Taemin stayed a while, to settle things with them first, ‘Kai’ Taemin called him, ‘I’m sorry about everything’ he told him, ‘Taemin hyung’ Jongin called him, ‘it’s okay, everything is fine now, don’t worry about it’ Jongin said with a smile, Taemin smiled back and went in to hug him, Jongin chuckled returning his hug. Taemin then let go as he looked back at Mingkki, wanting to at least apologise and say goodbye, he walked over to Sehun, Jongin kept an eye on Taemin though, because he felt that Taemin became curious over Mingkki, and he felt even more insecure and worried, he knew Taemin was a guy that any girl could fall for, and that when Taemin found someone, he would try his best to get that someone, and Jongin felt, that Mingkki was that someone.

‘Sehun, I’m-‘ Taemin was about to apologise, ‘Hyung, it’s okay, like Kai hyung said, don’t worry about it’ Sehun told him, Sehun happily sighed, ‘It’s over’ Sehun said, caressing Mingkki, who held him tightly like a child, and wouldn’t let go to show herself. Taemin softly looked upon Mingkki, finding her cute, as he smiled at her, ‘Minzy’ Taemin softly called her, Jongins eyes twitched at him calling her name, and his fists clenched at him getting closer to her, but held it in.

Mingkki slowly looked at him, ‘I’m sorry about everything, about what I said, basically everything that happened tonight’ Taemin apologetically said to her, she shook her head at him, meaning it was nothing and that he didn’t need to worry about it, then returned to hugging Sehun who smiled at her, he liked this side of her, while Jongin was fuming in jealousy not liking it at all. ‘She’s saying not to worry about it’ Sehun said for her, Taemin nodded but wasn’t satisfied because for some reason he wanted to hear her talk, wanted her full attention, though he didn’t know why just yet…

‘Then I’ll be going’ Taemin said leaving, they watched him leave, then Jongin and Sehun looked at each other with smiles, Jongin gulped slowly walking towards them, biting his lips, wondering if he should say anything or not, he didn’t want to frighten her anymore, seeing her be like this, he knew she closed herself off from everyone except Sehun. ‘Thank you Kai hyung’ Sehun sincerely thanked him, Jongin softly shook his head at them, ‘Anything for her’ he softly said, Mingkkis hold on Sehun tightened, feeling that he was closer than he was before, Sehun looked at her, ‘Noona’ Sehun called her, she relaxed and straightened up, slightly letting Sehun go but not fully, ‘Thank you’ Mingkki thanked him, glancing up at him with grateful and sincere eyes, Jongin smiled widely at her, finally getting her to look and talk to him, ‘You don’t have to thank me, I’d do anything for you’ Jongin told her with a soft and loving tone, Mingkki gulped then looked away from him and returned to Sehuns arms.

Jongin gazed at her, wanting her to hug him like that, seeing Sehun caress her to assure her that it was okay now, he wanted to do that to her, but he took a deep breathe knowing he had to wait, he didn’t care, as long as she came back to him, on her own. ‘We’re gonna go home now hyung’ Sehun told Jongin, he nodded at him, ‘Come, I’ll take you guys’ Jongin told them, knowing they had no ride back, Sehun was about to refuse, as he was going to call his driver to pick them up, ‘Please, this is the least I can do right now’ Jongin sadly smiled at them, Sehun nodded, ‘Okay’ he agreed, as they walked out of the shop, Jongin always looking back at Mingkki, who would not show her face or let go of Sehun at all.

They arrived at the car, Jongin opened the back passenger doors for them, Sehun made Mingkki go in first, as she hoped in, still not looking at anyone, she kept hold of Sehuns hand, looking up at him cutely, making Sehun smile, ‘I’m not going anywhere’ Sehun assured her, as he followed her, Jongins insides went crazy when Mingkki did that, anything she did made him crazy over her, but even more crazy as he felt jealous of Sehun. Jongin closed their door, ‘Thanks’ Sehun thanked him, as Mingkki childishly snuggled up to him, Sehun was going to go in the front but he wouldn’t leave his Noona like that, as Jongin hopped in the driver’s seat, as he took glances back at his Mingkki.

Sehun got out, with Mingkki right behind him, Jongin followed, ‘Hyung’ Sehun called him, as this was as far as Jongin should go, ‘Just to the door, please’ Jongin pleaded, wanting to see Mingkki to the door, like he used to, Sehun looked down at Mingkki, she nodded saying it was okay, Jongin smiled happily, ‘Thank you’ he said, as they continued to walk.

Sehun opened the door, Mingkki went in, Sehun and Jongin at the door, ‘I know, this is as far as I go’ Jongin told him, ‘I’m sorry hyung’ Sehun said, ‘Don’t be’ Jongin told him, ‘I’ll start from the beginning’ he said with a soft sincere smile, ‘Just give her some time, she will talk to you when she’s ready’ Sehun told him, Jongin nodded, ‘Thanks Sehun’ he said, ‘I’ll go now’ Jongin said, ‘Goodnight hyung’ Sehun said, ‘Goodnight Sehun’ Jongin replied, he looked past Sehun, seeing Mingkki, ‘Goodnight Mingkki’ Jongin softly said to her, ‘Goodnight’ she said. Jongin started walking, as Sehun closed the door, Jongin stopped and looked at the door one last time, with a sad but happ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter