Practice room and dorm

Another day of f(x)

Days leading up to D-Day

 

 

For the third time in a span of one hour, she found herself gasping for breath as her legs gave out under her after rounds of intense choreography practices. She had a lot to do to catch up with her other members and no matter how she willed herself, her body just wouldn't move the way her brain wanted and frankly she's very frustrated with herself. It's past three in the morning and the other members had gone back to their dorm an hour ago, hesitant as their leader was still in the practice room trying to get the choreo right.

 

"Here," a cold bottle of soda was pressed onto her cheek and she jumped at contact.

 

"What are you still doing here?"

 

"Do you need to ask? I stayed because I knew you'd never stop unless you nail it down. You're gonna collapse."

 

"Concert's in two days. I still have to go back to China tomorrow to wrap up filming," Victoria sighed as she rested against the wall, gratefully sipping the cold beverage.

 

"That's today. You're going later in about 5 hours. You need sleep."

 

"I know Amber. With my luck, I'll probably get 2 hours of sleep before heading to the airport."

 

"No one's judging Vic-unnie. Go home, sleep a bit. You're overdoing it."

 

"We've waited for so long. We finally got it."

 

"I know, I know. But we don't need you collapsing on us, not now and not ever. Just, please, rest your body."

 

"Are you staying?"

 

"I don't know, maybe."

 

"Then, let me sleep here. Keep me company," Victoria pulled Amber closer.

 

"Just for a bit," Amber reluctantly said as Victoria rested her head on Amber's lap.

 

"A few minutes," Victoria muttered as her eyes drooped and her breathing steadied.

 

Just like that, the two elder members of f(x) spent their time in silence, Victoria sleeping with her head on Amber's lap and the latter felt relieved seeing the hardworking and fatigued leader looking relaxed for the first time since she set a foot into practice room. At the background, 'Beautiful Goodbye' was playing on loop and the song somehow lulled Amber to Dreamland and she ended up sleeping too.

 

f(x)

 

When Amber had decided to hang back at the company, both Luna and Krystal wanted to join her but Amber told them to go ahead to the dorm, that she'll bring Victoria back to the dorm in a bit. They had their doubts, thinking that Amber will probably practice with Victoria, but decided to trust her this time and bid their goodbye. They were worn out from the practice but the same goes to the unnie-line, no matter how they hide it or ignore it. The burning sensation in their muscles cannot be ignored but all of them were, and still are, overachievers and it would seem that it's encoded in their genes to do so.

 

However, their health suffered because of it. They were prone to colds and in the maknae's case, her anemia might act up every now and then if she overworked herself or if she didn't monitor her diet well. Supplements and meat were her best friends if she was to survive through three days straight of concerts, with the rehearsals and all.

 

"Do you think they'll be back soon?"

 

"We just have to put our faith in Amber-unnie. She would know how to deal with Vic-unnie."

 

"Vic-unnie can be stubborn at times," Krystal pouted.

 

"And Amber-unnie is as stubborn. Those two will work it out," Luna added as she pat the maknae's head.

 

"Luna-unnie…"

 

"Hmm? What is it?"

 

"Do you mind if we sleep together today? Like old times?"

 

"Sounds like a plan but we'll leave talking at a later date, kay?"

 

"I miss our nightly talks but okay, we'll do that sometime soon."

 

"Come on, let's head up. Why are we even talking out here?"

 

"Piggyback me, Luna-unnie."

 

"Aish, alright Soojung-ah. Only tonight. The elevator's here, hop on."

 

With Krystal on Luna's small back, they both entered the elevator and when they reached their floor, Krystal input the passcode into the keypad while still on Luna's back. As soon as the door was open, they headed straight for Krystal's room and without changing into pajamas, they crawled under the covers and slept like a log until morning, their hand intertwined.

 

That night, all four of them had a good night's sleep, thinking of each other and the days they'll spend together in the future.

 

I'll protect f(x) till the end.

f(x) is where I belong.

No matter what, f(x) is a family.

I'm glad to be a part of f(x)